Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1293

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

When will the next eb 2 update be, will there be one early next year loving the progress much more stable than got fire and blood these mods most excited for and imperium surrectum

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Last we talked about it a Christmas-ish release date was floated around.

Still being discussed though.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Looking forward to hearing/reading about what you chaps have been working on. Sounds like there have been many irons in the fire with this next update.

Thanks for all the effort that continues to be put into the mod.

Will there be new stuff for Massylia and Nabatean?

I'm sorry, but in the "2.35 patch" folder, there is a picture titled "delete these files". Does it mean to delete them before or after merging the folders? And why delete them if the new patch has files to substitute them anyway?
    Adûnâi != Adonai

Quote Originally Posted by Mapengraf View Post
    I'm sorry, but in the "2.35 patch" folder, there is a picture titled "delete these files". Does it mean to delete them before or after merging the folders? And why delete them if the new patch has files to substitute them anyway?
    Looks like a leftover reminder that the devs forgot to delete. You can safely ignore that image

Reading the guide, I first noticed this inscription and a doubt arose: is it possible to switch from centralisation (if completed) to federation once the Eacids have died, destroying existing governments? Otherwise, I cannot explain the meaning of the inscription....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Immagine 2022-11-05 222949.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Reading the guide, I first noticed this inscription and a doubt arose: is it possible to switch from centralisation (if completed) to federation once the Eacids have died, destroying existing governments? Otherwise, I cannot explain the meaning of the inscription....
    Those penalties are there to incentivize you to either upgrade from Centralization to Federalization governments, or destroy your government and upgrade to Federalization. Otherwise, players would just keep their Centralization governments despite having Federalized

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Those penalties are there to incentivize you to either upgrade from Centralization to Federalization governments, or destroy your government and upgrade to Federalization. Otherwise, players would just keep their Centralization governments despite having Federalized
    I have no idea why you would want to do that except in Syracuse. Federalized goverment function the same but has better recruitment.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Last we talked about it a Christmas-ish release date was floated around.

Still being discussed though.
    Wait, what kind of release are we talking about?

Just a simple patch with a few minor fixes and additions?

Or the enormous release containing all the new battle map town & city models for each culture as previewed a bit already with Carthaginian settlements?

Clarification would be nice, because I don't want to start an EBII campaign anytime soon if the big release is coming out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Wait, what kind of release are we talking about?
    Just a simple patch with a few minor fixes and additions?
    Or the enormous release containing all the new battle map town & city models for each culture as previewed a bit already with Carthaginian settlements?

Clarification would be nice, because I don't want to start an EBII campaign anytime soon if the big release is coming out next month.
    Yes ! That would be my question also ! ��

Getting back at EB 2 from a long hiathus (New laptiop). Already have Medieval II installed and trying to do a full fresh install (not only this patch) of EB 2.

I only have one partition on my laptop and it seems that, from 2017 at least, steam doesnt allow cretaing a secondary game folder int he same drive "Selected drive already has a library folder. Steam will manage multiple games install in a single folder for you"

I really don't want to alter libraryfolders.vdf as sugegsted on steam forums:

Selected drive already has a library folder : Help and Tips (steamcommunity.com)

Any help appreciate!

Last edited by Kranos; November 18, 2022 at 12:30 PM.

I really hope the trait system is finally fleshed out, across all cultures. Hopefully have the acquisition of command stars be "more" (relative to current state of EB2) achievable via sterling performance on the battlefield (20 unbroken victory streak anyone?) rather than 90% determined by talent at birth. Maybe have an education system specifically for the sons of the "hetairoi/agema" class (not really a social class but my personal umbrella term) who make the bulk of the officers and elite units of the various Hellenistic Kingdoms, and in the game are basically all the named characters of said factions. Finally, I really hope for some sort of buff to the phalanxes, guard mode off (to make AI using them more menacing), as well as switching the German pikemen to use a spearwall instead of a shieldwall (last one is just for consistency's sake...why would guys with spears that long depend on their shields...wouldn't it be really awkward?).

Is anyone else having trouble with the links for 2.35A? The links seem good for getting 2.35 and the post-A release R.35 update, but the inbetween 2.35A file links seem to all be broken/files removed? Help much appreciated. Thanks!

I hope we see the New Release with New City Modells soon

Quote Originally Posted by ajimbert View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with the links for 2.35A? The links seem good for getting 2.35 and the post-A release R.35 update, but the inbetween 2.35A file links seem to all be broken/files removed? Help much appreciated. Thanks!
    The Direct Download links are currently broken, I had to use the torrent to download it. Install the linked QBittorrent first if you do not have a torrent program on your computer, then simply click the torrent link.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    I hope we see the New Release with New City Modells soon
    Per previous discussion, it would be good to know if the release is weeks away or months away, since I am hesitant to continue playing my current SPQR campaign if I'm simply going to start a new one as soon as the release is out. A shame these things aren't save-game compatible.

The new town and city models on the battle map look amazing, though, from what I've seen on the Europa Barbaroum Twitter feed. They even improved the animations for artillery knocking down walls and towers. Something tells me the big release is still very far away, because it looks like they pretty much have Western Greek and Semitic cultures done, but have not yet shown any remodeling of Roman, Eastern Greek, Eastern, or "Barbarian" (Celtic/Germanic/Dacian) settlement models.

For that matter, some of the "barbarian" Thracians actually lived in stone wall fortified towns similar to Greeks (alongside Greek merchant communities) even before Philip II of Macedon colonized the region, had Greek style tombs and temples, had artwork produced in Thrace (Bulgaria) that was Classical and Hellenistic Greek, but this isn't reflected in the game at all. Instead it shows them living in oppida, which is incorrect. That's a Celtic thing. For that matter the Iberians in eastern Spain lived in cities that more closely reflected Punic Carthaginian ones and even had some Greek architectural influence due to nearby Emporion.

According to the EBII twitter updates, nearly all the changes are "just" new units. With some smart copying and pasting, you can continue your old campaign but with all the new units recruitable halfway through the campaign. Obviously, things like rebel spawns and scripted armies won't be affected, but at least you can start a new campaign free of worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    According to the EBII twitter updates, nearly all the changes are "just" new units. With some smart copying and pasting, you can continue your old campaign but with all the new units recruitable halfway through the campaign. Obviously, things like rebel spawns and scripted armies won't be affected, but at least you can start a new campaign free of worries.
    EDU and EDB changes are never savegame compatible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    EDU and EDB changes are never savegame compatible, though.
    I've been modifying the EDU and EDB for my campaigns without too much issue, though you're absolutely right if you're referring to the "offset" bug where inserting new code in the middle of the EDB and EDU causes everything to go out of whack. For simple stat rebalancing in EDU and recruitment changes in EDB though, they're definitely savegame compatible