Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Something is off with the AI. I had this a dozen times now.
    I play Ptolomys and conquered Antiochia 60 turns ago. Now when the AS send a diplomat to ask for a ceasefire (I agree) and in that same turn attack me again. Same happens if I sent a diplomat. They immediately attack me again. Never had that before. I even tried paying them regular tribute. No effect.
    Same, it's ridiculous. AI seeks for peace and attacks the same exact turn. Just super annoying and silly.

Campidoctor

That side effect is a small price to pay for the worthy tradeoff of good AI vs AI warmaking/expansion and faction survivability throughout long campaigns, imo

For me that basically ruins the Ptolomys. If peace with the AS is completely impossible then I only have the choice to conquer them. That sucks.

Peace is possible. If the cities bordering an AI have a full garrison, the AI will not attack you. It's not completely safe, but that's how the Seleucids and Ptolemies ignored me when I played Nabatean. They will also ask for peace after heavy losses and you threaten their cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneuth View Post
    Peace is possible. If the cities bordering an AI have a full garrison, the AI will not attack you. It's not completely safe, but that's how the Seleucids and Ptolemies ignored me when I played Nabatean. They will also ask for peace after heavy losses and you threaten their cities.
    hmm I guess sea borders also count. For the land border towns I already had full garrisons but I assume Salamis border Tarsis. I reinforced Salamis and now have 5 rounds of peace. THanks!

edit: The peace lasted a wonderful 8 turns...
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; July 18, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    hmm I guess sea borders also count. For the land border towns I already had full garrisons but I assume Salamis border Tarsis. I reinforced Salamis and now have 5 rounds of peace. THanks!

edit: The peace lasted a wonderful 8 turns...
    If you don't share any UNOBSTRUCTED land borders (obstructed being how Ambrakia borders Pella but is separated by a mountain range throughout the entire border) with another faction, and that faction attempts a naval invasion to one of your coastal settlements, you are GUARANTEED a Very Generous peace deal. Whether or not you choose to constantly milk the AI of 3000-ish mnai every time they attack and you negotiate peace is up to you, but if all the conditions are satisfied and you're getting annoyed by constant naval strikes, this option is always there. You could sell your last bordering region to a neutral third party so that you no longer border the aggressive faction.

Is it a bug or intentional that Military Colony 3/Major isolated settlements sometimes only give siege weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Aneuth View Post
    Is it a bug or intentional that Military Colony 3/Major isolated settlements sometimes only give siege weapons?
    That might happen when you view the 3rd level in the building browser in settlements that cannot upgrade to level 3 anyways. It's nothing to worry about

Since version 2.35A R3.5 has been out since April 6 now, I'd really like to know if there is a features/changes list out there somewhere? I'm currently playing 2.35 at a pretty advanced savegame and also have made a decent amount of personal changes to the mod. So I would like to know if I want to begin a new savegame and take up the effort of updating all my changes to the new version...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    Since version 2.35A R3.5 has been out since April 6 now, I'd really like to know if there is a features/changes list out there somewhere? I'm currently playing 2.35 at a pretty advanced savegame and also have made a decent amount of personal changes to the mod. So I would like to know if I want to begin a new savegame and take up the effort of updating all my changes to the new version...
    I'd hold off for now, there's been talk of a possible R4 in the works, which is absolutely needed to tone down the current Game-of-Thrones-esque AI.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Finally made the video that i promised some time ago.
    Hope you guys like it!
    Last edited by Fahnat; July 30, 2021 at 04:43 PM.

R4...there's going to be one?!!! So is this going to be very soon??? There go my plans for a super long campaign...down the drain...

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Hope you guys like it!
    Wow! That was so cool, I could watch armies cinematically marching all day (and I often do). Great stuff.

Is it possible to play battles with this kind of unrestricted camera, or is it only available in replays? I never got it to work even with replays, but if battles could be played like this (like Empire or Napoleon's debug camera), I'd be in screenshot heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    I've linked the changelog a number of times, it's up to date with R3.5.

Even if R4 is coming, the difference between v2.35 and v2.35A R3.5 is huge.

Playing KH. I haven't played them... Probably since EB I so I don't know if there's something I'm missing. But while I was besieging Pella, a script put a Ptolemaic army (my allies) in Macedon. There was a pop-up saying they were going to help me out or something, but then they were gone the next turn without having done anything. Not sure if the script is broken or if I didn't follow the requirements, but it was a bit confusing.

Hope you guys like it!
    That was a great video. Really enjoyed the music and cinematic shots.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronp View Post
    Playing KH. I haven't played them... Probably since EB I so I don't know if there's something I'm missing. But while I was besieging Pella, a script put a Ptolemaic army (my allies) in Macedon. There was a pop-up saying they were going to help me out or something, but then they were gone the next turn without having done anything. Not sure if the script is broken or if I didn't follow the requirements, but it was a bit confusing.
    That is expected AI behavior and the script is working. The AI will never besiege a settlement that does not border one of theirs by land or by sea. Even if the script forcibly makes the AI army besiege a settlement, the AI army would just break off the next turn. I would suggest the script changing the allegiance of Byzantion to the Ptolemies should human KH suck up to the Ptolemies. That way the spawned Ptolemy army will actually have a chance to besiege the Antigonids (a border exists now) and repay the favor.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    That is expected AI behavior and the script is working. The AI will never besiege a settlement that does not border one of theirs by land or by sea. Even if the script forcibly makes the AI army besiege a settlement, the AI army would just break off the next turn. I would suggest the script changing the allegiance of Byzantion to the Ptolemies should human KH suck up to the Ptolemies. That way the spawned Ptolemy army will actually have a chance to besiege the Antigonids (a border exists now) and repay the favor.
    But Pella is a province with a shore, so it borders with the AI Ptolemaioi provinces by sea, doesn't it?

Well, only certain pairs of regions share a "maritime border" through which the AI will launch naval invasions. I detailed some observations here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ritime-Borders . The exact mechanics are foggy and the algorithm that the M2TW engine uses to calculate "maritime borders" is not known. Still, I'm certain that Pella does not navally border any of the starting Ptolemaic Anatolian provinces. HOWEVER, in 2.35a R3, I've seen a Makedonian army on the shores of Ephesos but sealed off from the rest of Anatolia by the settlement. There's no way they could've gotten there unless the AI intentionally attempted a naval invasion. So maybe all those drastic campaign AI changes in 2.35a changed maritime borders?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Not necessarily pairs; but some regions are more likely to be invaded.

The AI will calculate naval invasions against multiple regions before deciding which looks the most promising.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)