Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 891

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

  1. #821

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I've linked the changelog a number of times, it's up to date with R3.5.

    Even if R4 is coming, the difference between v2.35 and v2.35A R3.5 is huge.
    I'm sorry, knew this thread but misunderstood. Didn't realize those changes where updated for R3.5. Thought it refered to the first version of 2.35A. Thanks for the Info!

    Got another problem, however: Updating my personal changes to R3.5, when changing the following trait
    Code:
    From
    
    Trait ValerivsFlaccvs ;Patrician
        Characters family, diplomat
        Hidden
        AntiTraits RemRomanFamilyName
    
        Level Valerivs_Flaccvs
            Description Hidden_desc
            EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
            Epithet Valerivs_Flaccvs_epithet_desc
            Threshold  1
    
    to
    
    
    Trait ValerivsFlaccvs ;Patrician
        Characters family, diplomat
        Hidden
        AntiTraits RemRomanFamilyName
    
        Level Valerivs_Flaccvs
            Description Hidden_desc
            EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
            Epithet Valerivs_Flaccvs_epithet_desc
            Threshold  1
            
        Level Valerivs_Flaccvs_Praetor
            Description Hidden_desc
            EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
            Epithet Valerivs_Flaccvs_Praetor_epithet_desc
            Threshold  2
    I get a CTD at game start with the following log message:

    "Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3595, column 9
    Unknown identifier for trait(ValerivsFlaccvs) level(Valerivs_Flaccvs_Praetor) when expecting Description."

    Any idea why?

  2. #822

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    You cannot change export_descr_character_traits.txt in the middle of a campaign and then load that campaign. IIRC the only file that you CAN change in the middle of a campaign is export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit.txt

  3. #823
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    5,658

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    You cannot change export_descr_character_traits.txt in the middle of a campaign and then load that campaign. IIRC the only file that you CAN change in the middle of a campaign is export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit.txt
    As a matter of fact, you can. At least I used to do it in the SSHIP. If you're not breaking the traits system (like names, I'm not sure about the thresholds), but only change the benefits and/or triggers, you won't have a crash. The previously assigned traits (and benefits) will linger on the characters unless the level changes (and then only delta of the benefits changes). The new triggers will fire, and the new benefits will be assigned once the relevant trigger scores.

  4. #824
    Lusitanio's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    You cannot change export_descr_character_traits.txt in the middle of a campaign and then load that campaign. IIRC the only file that you CAN change in the middle of a campaign is export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit.txt
    I wasn't aware of this. So we can change the export_descr_unit file during a campaign without a crash?

  5. #825

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    You cannot change export_descr_character_traits.txt in the middle of a campaign and then load that campaign. IIRC the only file that you CAN change in the middle of a campaign is export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit.txt

    I'm not changing it in the middle of a campaign. The game won't even start when doing the above change to EDCT.

    Btw: You can even change EDCT during a campaign if you allow this in the config before starting the campaign. However, then you must add new traits at the end of the traits section. Otherwise characters get the traits they already have mixed up.

  6. #826
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Ungarn
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I wasn't aware of this. So we can change the export_descr_unit file during a campaign without a crash?
    Somehow i could change even descr-settlement_mechanics or something like that during a campaign.

  7. #827

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    There have been comments regarding the new, lower, and more widespread "shot" of slingers in general. This apparently results in quite a bit of friendly fire if said type of unit is loosing projectiles from behind friendly ranks...which to me is the specific point that is concerning. It's fine if the players have to deal with it, we can think of ways around the problem, but how about the AI? If an AI army has 2-3 slinger units, in the course of a battle, do they inflict more friendly than enemy casualties? I really hope the devs answer this point...a main priority in modding M2TW is to always keep the AI's uhh "capabilities" in mind...

  8. #828

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    I'm sorry, knew this thread but misunderstood. Didn't realize those changes where updated for R3.5. Thought it refered to the first version of 2.35A. Thanks for the Info!

    Got another problem, however: Updating my personal changes to R3.5, when changing the following trait
    Code:
    From
    
    Trait ValerivsFlaccvs ;Patrician
        Characters family, diplomat
        Hidden
        AntiTraits RemRomanFamilyName
    
        Level Valerivs_Flaccvs
            Description Hidden_desc
            EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
            Epithet Valerivs_Flaccvs_epithet_desc
            Threshold  1
    
    to
    
    
    Trait ValerivsFlaccvs ;Patrician
        Characters family, diplomat
        Hidden
        AntiTraits RemRomanFamilyName
    
        Level Valerivs_Flaccvs
            Description Hidden_desc
            EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
            Epithet Valerivs_Flaccvs_epithet_desc
            Threshold  1
            
        Level Valerivs_Flaccvs_Praetor
            Description Hidden_desc
            EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
            Epithet Valerivs_Flaccvs_Praetor_epithet_desc
            Threshold  2
    I get a CTD at game start with the following log message:

    "Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3595, column 9
    Unknown identifier for trait(ValerivsFlaccvs) level(Valerivs_Flaccvs_Praetor) when expecting Description."

    Any idea why?
    Ok, got a solution for this.

  9. #829

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    There have been comments regarding the new, lower, and more widespread "shot" of slingers in general. This apparently results in quite a bit of friendly fire if said type of unit is loosing projectiles from behind friendly ranks...which to me is the specific point that is concerning. It's fine if the players have to deal with it, we can think of ways around the problem, but how about the AI? If an AI army has 2-3 slinger units, in the course of a battle, do they inflict more friendly than enemy casualties? I really hope the devs answer this point...a main priority in modding M2TW is to always keep the AI's uhh "capabilities" in mind...
    Friendly fire has always been an issue with the flatter trajectory of slingers, compared to archers and javelineers. I've never deployed them behind the line for exactly that reason, always either ahead of it, or more usually on the flanks.

  10. #830

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    So...does the battle AI take that into consideration? It's great if this more accurately represents how slingers actually performed historically, but I will feel robbed as a gamer if I found out I won a particular battle more because the AI had its slingers behind their unfortunate melee infantry.

  11. #831

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Friendly fire has always been an issue with the flatter trajectory of slingers, compared to archers and javelineers. I've never deployed them behind the line for exactly that reason, always either ahead of it, or more usually on the flanks.
    I'm handling them like my other favorite ranged tool, oxybeles. Give them a bit room behind my phalanx line and have them shoot diagonally across the melee line into the flanks of the enemy fighting at the opposite flank.

  12. #832
    z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,144

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    How did you guys managed to change HA skirmish retreat distance and those running speeds for the unit? What one should do to achieve what you achieved?
    Battle xml config file. Export descr unit then movement speed modifier. Adjust those.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

  13. #833

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Friendly fire has always been an issue with the flatter trajectory of slingers, compared to archers and javelineers. I've never deployed them behind the line for exactly that reason, always either ahead of it, or more usually on the flanks.
    Well if the flatter trajectory is the team's intention, it is the team's intention.

    However, is there any plans to tone down the aggressiveness of the new AI?

  14. #834

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    I don't know if it's fixable, but I have run into an issue with the diplomacy changes where the AI will ask for peace and then attack the very same turn if you have a city they really want and an army in range.

    This happened once where I demanded (and received) a settlement in exchange for peace, which made it feel more like an exploit than just an annoyance.

  15. #835
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    5,658

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    My five cents on the bi-polar AI:
    - I really appreciate that you can fight against a faction and you're not bound to fight until you destroy it (or any other long time). I think this is a very good change.
    - but this have to be balanced. I've had a situation when on one turn the AI didn't want to strike any peace, while on the other I managed to squeeze out a tribute of 4k (Getail vs Lougiones, they're very rich at that moment, for any reason).
    - in my experience, in most cases the AI factions declare wars against other AI factions very easily but also end them in 3-5 turns for no apparent reason.
    All in all, a bit more stability would be welcome.

    On the long-range movement: it enables teleportation from one province to another, both for the AI and the player. Gathering the info about the AI armies doesn't make any sense - wherever they are, they can get to your doors. So you need to sit in your settlements because they come from thin air and siege you. All in all, the operational role of movement is very limited now. I think this is too much, even if it probably makes it easier for the AI to attack the settlements.

    I would humbly repeat my questions, as it would be useful for the SSHIP mod to know it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The max garrison public order boost was reduced from 80% to 65% in 2.35a now. For nomadic camps, it's now capped at 30%.

    I've been trying to achieve this result in the SSHIP mod by playing with values:
    Code:
        <factor name="SOF_GARRISON">          <pip_modifier value = "1.0"/>
              <pip_min value="0"/>
          <pip_max value="16"/>
        </factor>
    However, it changed nothing, there's no max limit at all. What else should I adjust, what do I miss?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 09, 2021 at 03:18 AM.

  16. #836

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    I agree, I don't like the increased movement point for armies (for agents I think it's fine). The reason is that geography and army positioning matters very little when you can just go around the whole middle east and avoid that crossing. Nice way of avoiding the taurus' pass and going through armenia from siria. It's also a bit insane how easy it is to reinforce from your capital to your frontier, like 1-2 turns reach. The game loses a lot of strategic depth.

    I figure that this movement is more accurate regarding the time frame each turn represents, so there is a reason behind that change. Myself I would really like to see the 4 turn per year changed to 6, 8, or 12, so that each turn movement could be smaller and in general all the timeframes be more granular. I know this idea has been brought before and discarded, but I think something ought to be done regarding the huge movement ranges that trivialize positioning and planning in the campaign.

  17. #837

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    I've cut the movement points for armies down in the build, from 250 to 200.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I would humbly repeat my questions, as it would be useful for the SSHIP mod to know it:
    Your issue is the pip_modifier_value; at 1.0 it means every point you allow is 10%. A pip_max_value cap of 16 means it's "limited" to 160%.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; August 09, 2021 at 04:41 AM.

  18. #838

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    And the Ai seems to be laser focused on a few cities. The Ptolomies want Syracuse, Carthage wants Caralis even though I already control the city of Carthage, Utica and Hadramaut. I also want to second the impression that the AI has gone from kind of aggressive to bi polar suicidal.

  19. #839
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    5,658

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    I'm curious how does the Hayasdan play now? Before it was super easy because the peace with the Seleukids made it's back safe (plus the units are of very good quality). How it is now, is the White Death coming?

  20. #840

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'm curious how does the Hayasdan play now? Before it was super easy because the peace with the Seleukids made it's back safe (plus the units are of very good quality). How it is now, is the White Death coming?
    Hayasdan still plays mostly the same although being a vassal to the Grey death is now no guarantee of peace, the Seleucids can and will attack you if they no longer find your continued existence in the Caucasus to be expedient to them.....stationing a few extra troops in Shamushat would now be well advised.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •