Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1293

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Which cool units have we lost to the mists of time?
    They basically disappear over time from the recruitment roster after the Polybian era. The compensation for that I suppose is the fact that any player who takes Italy can recruit Polybian Roman Equites cavalry and infantry: the Velites, Principes and Hastati, but not the Triarii unfortunately (also not the awesome Pedites Extraordinarii either). Not every Italic unit disappears, though. You still retain quintessential ones like the Etruscan hoplites, who act as a spearman substitute for the lack of Triarii.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    They basically disappear over time from the recruitment roster after the Polybian era. The compensation for that I suppose is the fact that any player who takes Italy can recruit Polybian Roman Equites cavalry and infantry: the Velites, Principes and Hastati, but not the Triarii unfortunately (also not the awesome Pedites Extraordinarii either). Not every Italic unit disappears, though. You still retain quintessential ones like the Etruscan hoplites, who act as a spearman substitute for the lack of Triarii.
    You seem to have a lot of info about the next version. Is there a super secret discord channel? A conspiracy to withhold information from the public maybe? Have we not suffered enough you monster?!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    You seem to have a lot of info about the next version. Is there a super secret discord channel? A conspiracy to withhold information from the public maybe? Have we not suffered enough you monster?!
    Roma _Victrix has played over 1000 turns in one EBII game and he's moved his spirit into another, non-human space where he can see things about the EBII that the usual 150-turn-games players cannot see. Plus he is THE conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    He's just reporting on what's been the case for a while. Those reforms coincide with the Italic units disappearing. As we've added more Italic units, the cost of that loss has increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Roma _Victrix has played over 1000 turns in one EBII game and he's moved his spirit into another, non-human space where he can see things about the EBII that the usual 150-turn-games players cannot see. Plus he is THE conspiracy.
    Senpai noticed me today! I shall now refrain from committing seppuku as this moment has vindicated my entire life now worth living.

Seriously, though, I play very long campaigns. To be honest, I don't understand players who don't do that or just play casually for 100 turns. That drives me nuts, like nails on a chalkboard. People who do that don't even get to see the Polybian Roman units (let alone Marian ones), the Carthaginian reform units, the Hellenistic Greek Thorakitai reform units, the improved armor and variety of Celtic units, etc. It just seems pointless to me to play the game if you're not going to build an empire and retain it for at least 500 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    He's just reporting on what's been the case for a while. Those reforms coincide with the Italic units disappearing. As we've added more Italic units, the cost of that loss has increased.
    On the one hand, I want to be forever thankful that the EBII team was awesome enough to include Oscan lancers in this release, 2.35A R3-5. At the same time, I'm going to be mega mad and super duper angry when those Oscan lancers disappear at the end of the 3rd century BC in my present Koinon Hellenon campaign. It takes decades in the game to expand from the Balkans and conquer all of Italy as a Hellenistic faction. By the time you're done doing that, you barely have enough time to use the full roster of Italic units.

I normally stop playing when I have built everything in a few cities. Then it loses something for me.

Tiro

Ey! So, where's the file for the patch. All mirrors are down.
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

Okay, these are the three files you have going to need to go from EBII v235 full install (on ModDB) to the latest public version. The total storage below is about 1Gb.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nzM...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYK...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fxp...ew?usp=sharing

It should work as I don't have much experience with Google. I used to run my business (and domain) and was the mail admin. But I have gmail as some sites like this one will only let you register with Gmail. Please if the download works for you, then let me know. (as I said I am not a google drive) user.

Thanks.

PS: above is 2 patches and the latest manual

FYI (install in this order)

MTW2 (Steam or DVD or STEAM+STEAM crack)

EBII 235.zip ~6Gb (ModDb)

EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1.rar ~1 Gb (above)

EBII v2.35A R3.5.zip ~ 0.2 Gb (above)

* Latest manual above
    Last edited by MeiguoJinjang; February 01, 2022 at 11:56 PM.

The newer Italic units are one thing, but the reskinning of most Celtic and Iberian units is just brilliant looking and jaw-dropping. Great work, EBII team! I love the new steppe cavalry units as well, especially those Bosporan horse archers. I noticed you guys also fixed the once awkwardly shiny helmets for the Skaplinai slingers and Thracian noble cavalry too. All the latest additions, including the new unit cards, are most welcome and impressive. Thanks for your dedication to the project!

Lovely new pictures on Twitter of the Temple and Theater. My compliments and thanks to whoever made them.

Libertus

Thanks, I made them

Quote Originally Posted by AriovistusSuebus View Post
    Thanks, I made them
    He did indeed, this is the man responsible for all the new buildings.

I look forward to them. I have plenty of software engineering. But when I began my career believe it or not only upper case existed on chain printers. By the time, the Web and art became standard, I was already working in positions like SVP or CTO. I have no art in my systems design portfolio.

Fortunately, there are so many talented people out there who can do more than code!

THANK YOU!!!

Decided to play Carthage and roleplay punic war a bit by letting Roman take Messana.

For now the Roman struggle to maintain Messana and to make things worst for Roman Messana are also haunted by rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Decided to play Carthage and roleplay punic war a bit by letting Roman take Messana.

For now the Roman struggle to maintain Messana and to make things worst for Roman Messana are also haunted by rebel.
    If you want a true punic war challenge, contact me and I will share with you my submod files for you to play as Carthage.

Does building a Hellenic Administration in Pella prior to the Kingship reform ruin the reform? I built all the required buildings and got the reform message, but no Basiliki Patris has been built in Pella.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Does building a Hellenic Administration in Pella prior to the Kingship reform ruin the reform? I built all the required buildings and got the reform message, but no Basiliki Patris has been built in Pella.
    Basiliki Patris should have been built automaticly. And since you need hellenic administration for the building to get the kingship reform you will be having both hellenic administration and basiliki patris

I'm suprised nonody talk aboit this but Pergamon now have a Koinopragia event which once you become Basileus you get an option wheter to become Seleucid subsidiary or not.

If you do apparently you get manpower substract to assist Seleucid although i don't know which of my unit are reduced and where it's reduced but since my expansion has been buying Seleucid territories and attacking Ptoelamy i chose to remain loyal for now since Seleucid have proven to be friendly if somewhat distrcted overlord.

But if i choose no Seleucid ship will appear in your coast and an invasion stack spawn in Sardis although i have no idea what happened after i won aince i haven't fought them.

Thank you for adding this cool event!

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Basiliki Patris should have been built automaticly. And since you need hellenic administration for the building to get the kingship reform you will be having both hellenic administration and basiliki patris
    Hmmm, it hasn't been built for me. Anyone else run into this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Hmmm, it hasn't been built for me. Anyone else run into this issue?
    If I'm remembering correctly, I think we removed that in the latest release. We were getting bugged double-buildings.