Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    But Pella is a province with a shore, so it borders with the AI Ptolemaioi provinces by sea, doesn't it?
    The AI views any spawned scripted forces as miraculous free strength that suddenly appeared out of thin air. It's not aware that it's "supposed" to siege that settlement way out away from all its current priorities.

Scripting assumes the AI will suddenly rearrange all its priorities on the spot just to recalibrate itself into sieging a settlement for no apparent reason.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Campidoctor

Which raises the question, what's the purpose of that particular script?

Theres a way to force the engagement, or to walk an army somewhere it doesnt have a priority to go. Theres probably some small bug preventing that from happening, but I wasnt involved with that script so I couldn't tell you the purpose or the code yet.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Neither of the direct download links works currently.

The guide is not correct for Basilike Patris. You can only build it in Amaseia and Sinope (I would prefer the more open one as described in the guide). The fact that you cannot build government buildings in Greece is also not mentioned. Kind of ruined my plan of a Mediterranean focused Pontus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneuth View Post
    The guide is not correct for Basilike Patris. You can only build it in Amaseia and Sinope (I would prefer the more open one as described in the guide). The fact that you cannot build government buildings in Greece is also not mentioned. Kind of ruined my plan of a Mediterranean focused Pontus.

• The guide has yet to be updated for EB 2.35 vR3.5.

Pontos' BP can only be built in the following settlements with a build limit of 3:
    • Amaseia
    • Sinope
    • Trapezous
    • Pergamon
    • Pantikapaion

IIRC, Pontos under Mithridates Eupator only managed established direct rule over the Hellenistic polities in Anatolia and merely allied himself as an ally to the Hellenes on Hellas itself during his wars against Sulla, hence the lack of direct administration options in Hellas (Rhodes included).
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I see the logic, but I think at least Symmachia should be allowed. Are there any other restrictions or is only Hellas exempt?

Then Pergamon will be the new capital, sorry Nikaia.

I see the logic, but I think at least Symmachia should be allowed. Are there any other restrictions or is only Hellas exempt?

Then Pergamon will be the new capital, sorry Nikaia.

• IIRC, Hellas is the major exception. Honestly, reclaiming the former Achaemenid empire should be your overriding objective as imperial Pontos, you have full access to your governments there. Going west will do less good than that.
    • As a consolation prize, Nikaia is still important enough to warrant the installation of a Hypobasilea.
    • Did you build a BP in Pantikapaion? The rewards will be glorious indeed if you did so.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I didn't want to go that far west, actually just Greece for the metropolises and parts of dacia. The long coastline is awkward to defend.

I hadn't actually thought of Pantikapaion because it's so far away. Does it have special bonuses if you build a Patris there?

I didn't want to go that far west, actually just Greece for the metropolises and parts of dacia. The long coastline is awkward to defend.

I hadn't actually thought of Pantikapaion because it's so far away. Does it have special bonuses if you build a Patris there?
    You get some amazing recruitment. Here's the full recruitment code

recruit_pool "hellenistic chariot scythed" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } recruit_pool "eastern cavalry khuveshavagan" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian and not hidden_resource royal_core ; Amaseia/Sinope/Trapezous
    recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry lydian lancers" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian and hidden_resource greek1 and hidden_resource royal_core ; Pergamon
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry sauromatian cataphracts" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 ; Pantikapaion
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry scythian nobles" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 ; Pantikapaion
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry scythian nobles" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 ; Pantikapaion
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry bosporan" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 ; Pantikapaion
    recruit_pool "celtic cavalry galatian" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry agema phalangitai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, }
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry pontikoi hoplitai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1
    recruit_pool "celtic infantry galatian retainers" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "celtic infantry galatian retainers" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "celtic infantry galatian retainers" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry thorakitai epilektoi" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry peltastai logades" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry peltastai logades" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry bosporan logades" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry thorakitai" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "celtic infantry galatian colonists" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, }
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hemithorakitai" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry thureophoroi" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "eastern infantry kavakaza sparabara" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "eastern infantry galatianised spearmen" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and hidden_resource anatolian and event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    ;;; SPECIAL
    recruit_pool "Oxybeles" 1 0.02 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, }
    recruit_pool "Lithobolos" 1 0.02 1 0 requires factions { f_pontos, }
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry phalangitai mercenary" 1 1 1 1 requires factions { f_pontos, } and event_counter ecPike_Recruit_f_pontos 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai mercenary" 1 1 1 1 requires factions { f_pontos, } and event_counter ecHoplite_Recruit_f_pontos 1
    In Pantikapaeon you get TWO units of Scythian Nobles and one unit of Sarmatian Cataphracts, not to mention some interesting post-Thorakitai troops like Bosporan Elite Infantry and Bosporan Cavalry

Hi all,
    Unfortunately it appears that all the download links are dead. Would someone please be able to link one for me?

Please disregard, i managed to get it working

Yes, the recruitment in Pantikapaion is really great. A RB will certainly be built there.
    Last edited by Aneuth; August 03, 2021 at 08:36 AM.

What did you do for me both links are still down

For now I suggest downloading Qbittorrent and using that to download the torrent link.

https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php
    The AI Workshop Creator

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Guys,
    short two question as I've forgotten the basics:
    (1) do the units in the Med2 engine switch to their secondary weapons after the initial charge? I'm asking because Tarabostes have attack of 4, but with the secondary weapon - of 10.
    (2) what is the impact of the main attribute of the Diplomats (Negotiation)? It does help with bribing the enemies, but does it impact on a deal with the AI, say on the probability of an alliance?
    cheers

btw, I think in this description the change from Influence (as in Med2) into Negotiation (as in EBII) is forgotten.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 04, 2021 at 10:08 AM.

1. They switch to the secondary melee weapon, as long as the primary is a ranged weapon. No unit in EB2 has two melee weapons so no need to cover that. In M2TW entities switching weapons is bugged, so individual soldiers may be slow switching from their primary ranged/secondary melee if they still have ammo left. This can be seen with peltastai makedones and similar units.

2. Yes, the diplomatic skills increase the chance of success when negotiating with the AI. However the specifics are not well known, but the game seems to test the "influence" of each side. So negotiating with a settlement is easier than with a 10 star general, because the later has a higher influence. I remember in the past people testing this, and the results were not conclusive but pointed in this direction. People them exploited this by negotiating with captains instead of characters. Personally I believe that influence points affect the likelihood of the AI simply closing the diplomatic window instead of being open to several counteroffers, with no discernible effect on refusing/accepting an alliance, in this example. This is anecdotal evidence, but is my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    1. They switch to the secondary melee weapon, as long as the primary is a ranged weapon. No unit in EB2 has two melee weapons so no need to cover that. In M2TW entities switching weapons is bugged, so individual soldiers may be slow switching from their primary ranged/secondary melee if they still have ammo left. This can be seen with peltastai makedones and similar units.
    That's only true of infantry. Cavalry work perfectly fine with two melee weapons.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Thanks @Hellenikon and @QuintusSertorius for your answers!

An additional question on modding:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    The max garrison public order boost was reduced from 80% to 65% in 2.35a now. For nomadic camps, it's now capped at 30%.
    I've been trying to achieve this result in the SSHIP mod by playing with values:
    Code:
    	<factor name="SOF_GARRISON">          <pip_modifier value = "1.0"/>
              <pip_min value="0"/>
    	  <pip_max value="16"/>
    	</factor>
    However, it changed nothing, there's no max limit at all. What else should I adjust, what do I miss?

How did you guys managed to change HA skirmish retreat distance and those running speeds for the unit? What one should do to achieve what you achieved?