Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Have you applied LAA?
    No, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guils View Post
    No, what is it?
    Large Address Aware, which we are now allowed to talk about. You apply it to your executable and that allows the game to use up to 4GB of RAM, instead of the 2GB it's limited to by default.

Campidoctor

Large Address Aware, which we are now allowed to talk about.
    Whoa, Voldemort is dead!

Large Address Aware, which we are now allowed to talk about. You apply it to your executable and that allows the game to use up to 4GB of RAM, instead of the 2GB it's limited to by default.
    OK, will try. Thanks.

What's the max number of FMs that can have Imperium? I find that I literally have half my family tree sitting in Rome getting and the other half being cav units with two or three ppl with Imperium? Additionally, how do I 'train' my faction heir bc he always has 0 command stars and I can't really use him for destroying rebel stacks that pop up around Rome. IRL, if a small revolt happened or the Socii were being mean, did Rome wait until the winter elections or did they give some senator Imperium and let him do stuff for a year?

There isn't a maximum, it's not really possible to limit the number of characters who get offices, apart from them having to be the right age and time since the previous office.

What changed with this? Forum policy, or something with the devs? Either way, nice to see!

Looking forward to R3, will probably update my submod then as some excellent person has already used the script to regenerate the export_units file. It's working, soon I will be able to automate every minutia from my life, mwahahaha(:

It works fine now. Perhaps you should tell it in the installation post.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but what's your style of playing when Rome? I find that I'm able to take Tarentum and Rhegion, then Carthage takes Messana like 8 years before the start of the real First Punic War. I'm only earning like... 3000 mnai a turn, how can I sustain three armies as I need one to defend the Italian Peninsula, one to go to Sicily and one to go north. Do I just ignore the north? If so, how do I get more money to redevelop my econ? Additionally, what's the best way to get a lot of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    Sorry for asking so many questions, but what's your style of playing when Rome? I find that I'm able to take Tarentum and Rhegion, then Carthage takes Messana like 8 years before the start of the real First Punic War. I'm only earning like... 3000 mnai a turn, how can I sustain three armies as I need one to defend the Italian Peninsula, one to go to Sicily and one to go north. Do I just ignore the north? If so, how do I get more money to redevelop my econ? Additionally, what's the best way to get a lot of money?
    You can't have too many troops in the beginning. My strategy with Rome is to retake Tarentum, make peace with Epirus, take Croton, then clear the northern border of the rebels, take Bologna, and then take on Carthage. Once you have retaken southern Italy, you move your army north. To make money, you can disband unnecessary troops. The good thing about Rome is that your capital and Capua are safe and with high public order, so you don't need a big garrison there.

He doesn't get a lot of press, but thanks to several tools devised by bovi, lots of the silly errors* like traits applying to the wrong regions will no longer crop up in future releases (including R3).

*I say silly, though the reality is because some genius at CA thought it was a good idea for regionIDs to be variable, even though SettlementNames and RegionNames are fixed...
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 02, 2021 at 09:13 AM.

Campidoctor

Thanks bovi

Yeah thanks Bon Jovi. Is it easy to make unit leathality and where?

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Yeah thanks Bon Jovi. Is it easy to make unit leathality and where?
    battle_config.xml is where they are. Note it's missile and melee, with some modifiers for cavalry possible. Not by unit, like it was in RTW.

We now in EB2 have AP upon cavalry charge yes? Heavy cavalry charges at 0,5 lethality are devastating even from head on so reckon we have AP charges. Missiles are doing okay especially don t want to touch missile lethality since then jav cav start to become almost useless as it was before.
    Last edited by bordinis; June 02, 2021 at 03:47 PM.

Jav cav...are still really useless. If talking purely about their ability to do damage with projectiles, it is close to nothing. As screeners, or bait they do far better.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    We now in EB2 have AP upon cavalry charge yes? Heavy cavalry charges at 0,5 lethality are devastating even from head on so reckon we have AP charges. Missiles are doing okay especially don t want to touch missile lethality since then jav cav start to become almost useless as it was before.
    No, most cavalry units don't have AP lances, it's overpowered. In R3 the overall kill rate has been dropped to 0.45.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Jav cav...are still really useless. If talking purely about their ability to do damage with projectiles, it is close to nothing. As screeners, or bait they do far better.
    Damage against whom?

Playing as AS at the moment and really enjoying the new traits. They add a lot of flavour and roleplay elements to distribute governships, favours and so on. One problem I have is that I canīt seem to transfer the satrapy governor ancillary from one character to the other. I merge them in one army, try to transfer it, it disappears from the ancillaries list. But no notification pops up and when I click the other character it is not in the list, but back in the list of the first character.

Quintus, to clarify, against other enemy cavalry. My point being that Hannibal's Numidians harrying and wearing down Roman equites till they broke them (in conjunction with a rear attack by Hispanic cavalry) in the Battle of Cannae is impossible to replicate in the current state of EB2. You can position a numidian cavalry unit right BEHIND a roman equites unit, make them unleash their full payload of javelins, from standstill mind you, so no misses due to them having to "skirmish" per say, and only down 10. I kinda suggested this before, but a way to increase their skirmish viability without sacrificing the careful balance of stats among units would be to simply increase the total amount of ammo they carry. This actually goes for all ranged units (except line infantry with javelin openers - the romans being the typical example) so that ranged units can act and be used as ranged units for a far greater portion of the battle. Before the dev team says this is unhistorical, I've always reasoned that a double or triple load of ammo (compared to what they initially had) would represent the reserve ammo they kept stocked at camp that could occasionally be brought to them by servants or slaves. I don't think it is far fetched at all that units of archers would reload in the middle of the battle (Surena's horse archers had vast reserves of arrows supplied by camels in the battle of Carrhae). If a double load is too great a stretch, then at least slightly increase the total ammo carried by horse-born ranged units. I mean with a steed, they definitely have an expanded carry capacity. With all that said, I'm painfully aware of the immense amount of work required to make this work. Opened the export unit file in Notepad++, saw the sheer number of entries required to be changed, said nope...and just resigned myself to the fact that my Macedonians would have an easier time fighting skirmisher or ranged armies in EB2 because waiting for them to run out of projectiles was a reasonable option.

Damage against whom?
    Against...well, pretty much anything.

I've run a few tests...care to guess how many kills does best skirmisher cavalry in game get against Iturean Brigands (1 armour, no shield, 0,9 0,9 formation) per volley? About 10-15.