Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

Did you try "run_ai" in the console?

What does that do?

This is Erken's response on page 17 of this thread. Go back to page 17 +/- a page and you can read more.

I'm not sure if this will resolve your issue, but it's worth doing at the very least for feedback for the dev team.

Once you press end turn, the monitor checks every 10 sec if the first ai turn has been reached. If it's not the case after 60 sec, then the monitor use the run_ai command to force the continuation of the campaign (60 sec can seem long, but it's in the case a lot of re-emergences are simply in progress). This monitor is totally independent of the script itself, and is even triggered before.

A delay of 1 sec has also been added at the beginning of the main monitor (more because it's an ordinary tip in case of problem than for a real reason).

This bug is irrational though (doesn't occur without fog of war...), so it's likely just an obscure failure of the game highlighted because the script halt the ai during the re-emergence.

In the worst case (really the worst!), if nothing happens after 60 sec, you will still have the option to type "run_ai" in the console to manually unblock the turn.

Thanks Kwebib. So I need to use run_ai in the middle of the other ai factions taking their turns? I really hope this works...

Wait, the console meaning the black command prompt that always pops up alongside eb2? Becuase my M2TW is hanging on the accursed grey blob's turn, I can't open the in game console.

Console as in pressing "~" in-game. The game is actually freezing such that you can't even use any keyboard buttons? If so, that sounds like an entirely different problem.

Yay.....huhhhhh

I did the old go one turn back, the same darned problem cropped up a few turns later. This is the log file:

00:15:30.041 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0101_sack_settlement_decrease_global> fired
    00:15:30.041 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <extermination1> fired
    00:15:30.041 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Brutal_Bonus2> fired
    00:15:30.041 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lenient_reduct2> fired
    00:15:30.041 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Wealthy_from_Slavery> fired

always hangs on the Seleukid's turn.

Another observation....it might be on the Greek turn or the Seleukid. It sucks cause they follow one after the other. Again the log as follows:
    00:23:09.046 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0101_sack_settlement_decrease_global> fired
    00:23:09.046 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <extermination1> fired
    00:23:09.046 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Brutal_Bonus2> fired
    00:23:09.046 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Lenient_reduct2> fired

What are the Seleukids doing?

Well, about to destroy Nabatu? The problem is damned hard to figure 'cause it seems to have multiple factors. This is what I noticed. If I make an alliance with the Getai as Macedon...the next turn the whole game hangs on the Seleucid's turn. If I don't make an alliance, then the turn AFTER the next hangs on the Koinon Hellenon turn. This is 77 turns into the game...

Can I just upload all the files I modded, and my save games? I mean, how else can you guys figure out what's going on?

Have you watched their turn with the fog of war off?

Yup. But I always get cut back to my own territories because the darned Koinon diplomat tries to bribe/make a deal in my settlement of histria. For the longest time it always hangs on the Seleukid turn. Without a Getic alliance? One turn later it hangs on the Greeks.

I had a similar issue happen to my campaign and after all it was a faction turning into a horde.

The Numidians turned into a horde ages ago. Maybe the imminent destruction of the Nabatu in my campaign is the trigger? However...though they are down to one city, I think it'll take a few more turns for the Grey Blob to bring it down, so why is the hanging starting so soon? Oh merciful eb2 devs, uploaded my modded files and saves in the bugs section...please help...

Lusitanio, this is a bit late, but how did you fix that particular problem? Going back a couple of turns just delays the whatever is causing the hanging in my game.

what time the most you waited? I had Greeks and Nabatu re-emerge many times and was fine. Maybe those additional mods slow your game quite a bit?

Solved the problem. DO NOT PUT EBII IN WINDOWED BORDER-LESS MODE. The turn eventually progressed. After some time. A long time...but at least it didn't hang.