Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

Great job overall on the release! One thing I´d like to suggest for consideration is the accuracy of the Scorpions. I think it is so high that it is actually a detriment. On this engine range units always aim to the center of the front row of an enemy unit. Normally, this is not a problem but Scorpions are so accurate that you reliably hit exactly those units. Firing in salvos means that often you waste several shots on the same soldier. Less accuracy would help the Scorpion by spreading the shots out so they don´t waste so many shots on soldiers still stuck in death animation.

Thank you for the update and the hard work. The scythians and sauromate dont have a voice pack assigened though. I tried to assigned them as armenian voice type from the steppe one and it works on the campaign map however, in battle the units are quiet and there is no sound when selecting or ordering units. I am guessing this is due to lack of information on what their languages sounded like or is it a bug ?

A few things I noticed in my Ptolomy game.
    Kyrene was conquered by me around turn 140 and so far no Carthage after 100 more turns.
    Rome as always strongly underperformes, Only conquered Tarentum.
    The Nabateans are often overperforming. That might be because I never attacked them. Still every time I play in the region they are very strong.
    The rebel problem still persists. They seems incapable of handling full stacks of rebels.

edit: I will end it here. Played until turn 270.
    Carthage/Numidia never showed up at Kyrene
    Rome lost Arretium ro rebels.
    Sabah parked two full stacks in Ethiopia
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eb2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	364745
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; April 28, 2021 at 04:07 AM.

I'm little confused.
    I need to install:
    1. EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1 and EBII v2.35A R2 fix-patch, both?
    2. or do I need only EBII v2.35A R2 fix-patch, without EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    I'm little confused.
    I need to install:
    2. or do I need only EBII v2.35A R2 fix-patch, without EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1?
    You need to install EB II 2.35 then unzip the EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1 to the "ebii/data" folder, and to finish it up, apply the EBII v2.35A R2 fix-patch.

Read carefully the instructions by Quintus at the beggining of this thread.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    A few things I noticed in my Ptolomy game.
    Kyrene was conquered by me around turn 140 and so far no Carthage after 100 more turns.
    Rome as always strongly underperformes, Only conquered Tarentum.
    The Nabateans are often overperforming. That might be because I never attacked them. Still every time I play in the region they are very strong.
    The rebel problem still persists. They seems incapable of handling full stacks of rebels.

edit: I will end it here. Played until turn 270.
    Carthage/Numidia never showed up at Kyrene
    Rome lost Arretium ro rebels.
    Sabah parked two full stacks in Ethiopia

Name:	eb2.jpg 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	364745
    Side Note: Using Steam? If you want the date to show up edit your "medieval2.preference.cfg" using notepad++ and add the line "show_hud_date = true" so you have the date showing above the mini map. After saving, make the file read-only so the changes are not cleared afterwards

cool, thanks.

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'll be doing a video to commemorate the new patch for this mod
    I think i will be using the Legio Aeterna Victrix music for the video

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    I'm little confused.
    I need to install:
    You need V2.35 working, then install Patch FINAL R1, then install R2 fix-patch.

I haven't yet consolidated the R2 changes into one big patch to apply to v2.35.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Side Note: Using Steam? If you want the date to show up edit your "medieval2.preference.cfg" using notepad++ and add the line "show_hud_date = true" so you have the date showing above the mini map. After saving, make the file read-only so the changes are not cleared afterwards
    I never actually knew this was a thing until relatively recently and you wouldn't believe the frustration it would have saved me playing this game. I like to roleplay as Rome for example and have small house rules about a province gradually being romanized over time so you slowly advance through the client government chain after a certain number of years etc, and keeping a track of this and when things like imperium runs out was a huuuge pain in the dick.

Was using the date in the faction summary window basically and the date there changes every autumn for whatever reason so everything often got mixed up in my head as it meant summer 255bc and autumn 255bc are two completely different years, in fact autumn 255 BC is a full year prior to summer 255bc.
    Last edited by Martin N; April 28, 2021 at 02:04 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    You need to install EB II 2.35 then unzip the EBII 2.35A Patch FINAL R1 to the "ebii/data" folder, and to finish it up, apply the EBII v2.35A R2 fix-patch.

Read carefully the instructions by Quintus at the beggining of this thread.
    Thanks for this reply, helped me out as well. I don't think the instructions in the original post are completely clear. The way I read them:

-install 2.35
    -download 2.35A
    -unzip the hotfix
    -unzip 2.35A

Which doesn't make sense, so I also started looking in the rest of the thread for other/additional instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlovie View Post
    Thanks for this reply, helped me out as well. I don't think the instructions in the original post are completely clear. The way I read them:

-install 2.35
    -download 2.35A
    -unzip the hotfix
    -unzip 2.35A

Which doesn't make sense, so I also started looking in the rest of the thread for other/additional instructions.
    Why would you reverse the order of the last two steps?

Does the Polybian reform requirements for 5 large land battles against Carthage include reinforcements or just the armies you attack? For example lets say there is 20 units inside a city with 1 standing outside it, you cheese this situation to pull the entire army out is it then taken in to account?

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Does the Polybian reform requirements for 5 large land battles against Carthage include reinforcements or just the armies you attack? For example lets say there is 20 units inside a city with 1 standing outside it, you cheese this situation to pull the entire army out is it then taken in to account?
    I don't think reinforcements count, the engine probably only counts the original army you fight.

Thank you for this patch! Great job as usual.

I was a bit sceptical at first about the increased melee kill rate but it works pretty well I think. Charges are a bit more powerful now but overall the changes feel quite subtle compared to the previous version. The rebalance of projectile lethality is an improvement, as is the rebel mechanics on the campaign map. Loving these changes so far!

I noticed that the Boioi colony buildings have a very high recruitment availability of Boioi retainers (Kondamantes), 3 to 4 instead of only 1 for Confederation! Is that intended? I think most of them should be replaced by standard celtic spearmen (Kingetoi Uisuparanon, not sure about the spelling) as they are quite lacking in numbers for migration government + colony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bast39 View Post
    I noticed that the Boioi colony buildings have a very high recruitment availability of Boioi retainers (Kondamantes), 3 to 4 instead of only 1 for Confederation! Is that intended? I think most of them should be replaced by standard celtic spearmen (Kingetoi Uisuparanon, not sure about the spelling) as they are quite lacking in numbers for migration government + colony.
    It's overlapping recruitment; they get a point of them regardless of where the colony is, then in Celtic regions they get some as part of the local pools. The standard spearmen are too low status for the colonies, which is deliberately aimed at the professional tier of units.

I noticed that as Rome you can only build the entertainment buildings if you build the province building but not with civitas libertas. How is it with client cities, can they build it?

The civlib is their lowest tier government. Low tier means limited infrastructure.

This is 100 turns into my Nabatu game on 2.35AR2+. Pergamon have been attempting naval dominance of the Aegean and for a time KH only had Rhodes. Ptolemaioi only recently took Kyrene, but even with the way opened by the road in Lapqi, Carthage seem to have ignored it in preference to Sicily. Greece is an ever-shifting thing, Krete has changed hands several times.

Name:	100turns.jpg 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	364763

No one has died yet.

This is the longest game I've played in years, though it's pretty slow. I've been hiding behind the skirts of the Ptolemaioi and that alliance means the Seleukids have left me alone. I only took Najran when the Sab'yn attacked me. Waiting for the Settled reform before doing anything crazy like expanding into the Levant.

Guys...been playing a H/H campaign as Macedonia. I quit and now plan to restart as soon as I'm finished with the little personal mods for my next playthrough. However, looking back at the campaign as a whole, I am dissatisfied with two things: KH and general AI passivity. For KH, I was expecting a lot more scripted resistance. I mean I believe Ptolemaic Egypt has a few scripts that trigger defense armies to prevent their capital from being blitzed? Then there's...uhm...Bactria was it? If the Saka take Bactra (the city) it takes decades for them to pacify the region and such? I was kinda expecting some epic (ok, maybe just a few partial stacks) scripted defense armies to pop up on KH's behalf once I took Athens and SPARTA! At the very least, maybe some really horrifying scripted unrest in both cities, which in turn gives rise to roving stacks of rebels? Well, nothing like that happened. It was almost kind of sad how nonchalant the southern Greek cities accepted the "Macedonian yoke". So...what gives?

Then there's general AI passivity. I was really expecting a counter-invasion from the remaining Greek forces on Crete and Rhodes. If we were fighting for some lost Ionian cities on Asia Minor, I really wouldn't be that surprised at the lack of Greek initiative. However, these cities were ATHENS and SPARTA. Macedon had almost no fleet to speak of and my garrisons were not very large. On top of it all, I had to reserve enough forces to march north to retake Pella AND fend off any possible Epirote incursions from Epirus itself (already obliterated Pyrrhus' Peloponnese troops when he tried to cross the isthmus of Corinth). In the end though...nothing happened. Well, I guess I could chalk it up to the M2TW ai's ancient problem of naval invasions...so I let it pass. For Epirus though, their performance was not fun and NOT realistic.

So yeah, Pyrrhus himself and his stacks were in Hades, so I was expecting Helenus to bunker down for 2 years or so. I found myself also with the need to bunker down as well, as I needed to consolidate my new territories and try out the sweet Agoge system. That took 8 or so years. 5 of the years Macedon had a ceasefire with Epirus. Epirus did NOTHING. Like...no attempt to attack rebel cities to either the North or South of them. No attempt to attack Pella even if the garrison was not that large (Epirus had a stack and a half by then). No attempt by the king or any of his generals to simply get out of the city and just...patrol.

So, final question...will putting CAI to VH quench my need for excitement? Or, is there some file I need to modify to get the AI to be generally more aggressive? I have no need to make rebels globally weaker...I don't even need to see the AI succeed. I do want the AI to keep TRYING. This especially should apply to ROME, in which I'm reading disturbing observations of passivity. When is it even remotely historical for ROME of all factions to be passive? The Rome that threw stack after stack after stack after stack at Carthage, historically? That Rome? Parthia and the Saka...oh boy. Nomadic hordes? Passivity? I hope not! So...hope I get a reply soon.
    Last edited by Pooploop; May 02, 2021 at 02:33 AM.

just wanted to post this picture. 87 turns into the game, and i should put it out there i modded my game so movement points are 500. With this change, i am satisfied with what i am seeing in this new patch. the AI expands more than it did before, And the AI acts better with army composition (no more stupid 2-5 stacks in multiple groups) Just well organized armies with good units. Pontos is a LOT more fun now, i fought Hayastan after they took ani-kamah and kutatisi, i believe parthia is only in Caucasus because a city rebelled. All factions seem to be doing historical stuff, Rome being the exception still in that they seem to care more about GAUL than they do carthage. Still they did fight carthage. Rhegion was capped by rome, but rebelled to KH. Carthage now taking over spain from lusitania. Ptolemy is focused more on AS and South Anatolia with this new Sand change. I think Cyrenia was capped by Ptols, but than rebelled to KH. Pyrrhus was alive for a long time i have to check if he still is, but last time i checked was at turn 70-80
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pontos.jpg