Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

Ôk more feedback. I tried the independence route with Baktria and I have conquered four Selecueid cities and won 7 or 8 big battles., still for years now every turn I get the "The Basileus offers forgivemess." event. The armies were always led by family members, I always played them myself. I always attacked. I read the guide, I read the reform req thread. I killed in seperate battles the Basileus and his heir.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX0bDrPUrjw

edit: while the game continues to break my mind. Report on cavalry. On M difficulty the cavalry certainly has a punch. That seems appropriate.

edit2: A little look at the map. It seems that the blockade in Africa works. Rome has rebelled?!

Last edited by bismarck 1899; April 26, 2021 at 12:50 AM.

https://i.imgur.com/TmPBhUu.jpg

Not sure how successful that land block will be once they build a road in Lapqi but as it is right now it seems to be working perfectly, have never seen Carthage deploy so much in Sicily before, already beaten 1 big army as well when they tried to stop me taking Messana. As it is Africa and Spain is pretty much completely emptied.

Edit:What a battle that was https://i.imgur.com/02q8251.png - haven't experienced frames that low in a campaign since Roma Surrectum 1 back in 2008. It went on that long the timer ran out and there was still several thousand men on the field, and unfortunately the AI partner was up to their old tricks being as dumb as rocks, despite telling them to be defensive they almost instantly got my consul killed charging at their front lines lol.
    Last edited by Martin N; April 25, 2021 at 09:20 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Ok so at turn 180 I my faction leader just got the trait Basileus but no event or anything and the Seleucids became neutral. Don't know if that is bugged.

Got back to EB 2 after a long time and I have to say this "small" update is pretty awesome! I'm playing my beloved Arevaci and balance looks very good from both military and economic perspective. I'm having a blast collecting cut hands left and right, needed to remind myself to stop playing yesterday, I was having the "one more turn" syndrome. Thank you very much EB team for still working on the mod and keeping to this really high standards!
    Last edited by Aper; April 26, 2021 at 03:53 AM. Reason: forgot the hands :)

About the new melee kill rate I think it's an improvement, still low enough but clashes are more impactful now. Previously killing was a bit too unreasonably slow imho. It's not like now frontal fights are meatgrinders, but previously they were so inconsequential it felt bad.

Playing as Pergamon, it's now 20 turns in and I haven't seen any Galatian raids yet?

I think the new kill rate might be a tad overpowered. Fighting against rebel armies with a couple of Hetairoi FM's almost feels like a RTW battle, routing and destroying multiple units with my FM's alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Ôk more feedback. I tried the independence route with Baktria and I have conquered four Selecueid cities and won 7 or 8 big battles., still for years now every turn I get the "The Basileus offers forgivemess." event. The armies were always led by family members, I always played them myself. I always attacked. I read the guide, I read the reform req thread. I killed in seperate battles the Basileus and his heir.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX0bDrPUrjw

edit: while the game continues to break my mind. Report on cavalry. On M difficulty the cavalry certainly has a punch. That seems appropriate.

edit2: A little look at the map. It seems that the blockade in Africa works. Rome has rebelled?!

In order for that to trigger, you have to have taken at least two settlements off them, and won more than 4 battles against 11 or more units (sieges and naval battles don't count). It stops when you've won 6 big battles.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Ok so at turn 180 I my faction leader just got the trait Basileus but no event or anything and the Seleucids became neutral. Don't know if that is bugged.
    Nothing has changed in this script and it's been working fine. There should have been a notification that you've become an independent kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/TmPBhUu.jpg

Not sure how successful that land block will be once they build a road in Lapqi but as it is right now it seems to be working perfectly, have never seen Carthage deploy so much in Sicily before, already beaten 1 big army as well when they tried to stop me taking Messana. As it is Africa and Spain is pretty much completely emptied.

Edit:What a battle that was https://i.imgur.com/02q8251.png - haven't experienced frames that low in a campaign since Roma Surrectum 1 back in 2008. It went on that long the timer ran out and there was still several thousand men on the field, and unfortunately the AI partner was up to their old tricks being as dumb as rocks, despite telling them to be defensive they almost instantly got my consul killed charging at their front lines lol.
    I've certainly noticed in the game I'm playing right now (hands-off/turtling as Nabatu) that AI-Carthage is very interested in Sicily. Nothing is moving east from them and AI-Ptolemaioi is very active in Syria and Anatolia.

Quote Originally Posted by Aper View Post
    Got back to EB 2 after a long time and I have to say this "small" update is pretty awesome! I'm playing my beloved Arevaci and balance looks very good from both military and economic perspective. I'm having a blast collecting cut hands left and right, needed to remind myself to stop playing yesterday, I was having the "one more turn" syndrome. Thank you very much EB team for still working on the mod and keeping to this really high standards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aper View Post
    About the new melee kill rate I think it's an improvement, still low enough but clashes are more impactful now. Previously killing was a bit too unreasonably slow imho. It's not like now frontal fights are meatgrinders, but previously they were so inconsequential it felt bad.
    Glad you're enjoying it! The increased kill rate is under review - we're waiting to see what you all make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Playing as Pergamon, it's now 20 turns in and I haven't seen any Galatian raids yet?

I think the new kill rate might be a tad overpowered. Fighting against rebel armies with a couple of Hetairoi FM's almost feels like a RTW battle, routing and destroying multiple units with my FM's alone.
    It's random as long as Galatia is still Rebel-controlled.

Yep, we are keeping an eye on feedback here. I'd be tempted to cut it down to 0.4, but it's not my decision alone.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's random as long as Galatia is still Rebel-controlled.
    Ah I see. Is there a mean time for them to spawn, or is it purely random until I defeat the Galatians?

Speaking of which, I've never played a proper Pergamon campaign before. Does Galatia start with the requisite amount of rebel armies for the reforms, or do I have to wait for them to spawn?

Also there's a possible bug with the garrison script at Nikeia. I was attacked while besieging them, and destroyed both the garrison and the attacking army. I occupied the settlement, but then the garrison script fired, and a garrison spawned and moved 1 tile outside the settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post

Also there's a possible bug with the garrison script at Nikeia. I was attacked while besieging them, and destroyed both the garrison and the attacking army. I occupied the settlement, but then the garrison script fired, and a garrison spawned and moved 1 tile outside the settlement.
    That's perfectly normal. All settlements participating in the garrison script do this. If this bothers you you could wipe out the roving army in the region first and then besiege the settlement to activate the garrison. Although you coooouuuuld just do what you did and spin up a roleplaying reason as to how this game engine limitation occurred. Maybe by capturing the settlement so quickly your occupying forces did not have time to quell any lingering unrest. That unrest manifested in a resistance army in the countryside

One notice on CAI recruitment : Those enclaves change culture so much that For example Getai don t have enough their own factional culture to build something more than " petty ruler" government so that in turn they cannot recruit their elites since scythian enclaves deleted their culture to 56% and they lost the ability to recruit the elite units and build their best government type. Is there any change in the future to maybe remove enclaves from CAI building options since they lose their recruitment options? CaI does not destroy enclaves on it s own you know. So those new elite spearmen are a mist now since enclaves remove their culture.

So the feedback on CAI Getai : I was wondering why they were doing so bad in all my campaigns. Well " Histrie" they are always losing that settlement because of cultural unrest ( created by enclave and gives this faction a setback noticed in four campaigns that )
    Also their capital is suffering ( 56 % their culture due to enclave present there and they can t build higher government than "petty kingdom" which is not normal In my book ) They constantly must keep a full stack there in their capital since CAI probably calculates unrest which is not normal ( it s factions capital )
    Also noticed that they always lose "Kabyle" due to unrest.
    A player has a brain and therefore can stop and destroy the enclave in order not to damage too much of his settlements with alien culture the CAI on other hand, does not so it affects it s development especially those factions with enclaves as building options. They suffer greatly because of the cultural change. Maybe there is a possibility to make "the cultural change" dissapear for CAI somehow? So they won t get their homeland regions polluted with alien culuture like that? And the player can keep as intended. but change for CAI..
    Last edited by bordinis; April 26, 2021 at 10:40 AM.

Is it just me or are there more typos these days?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Attachment 364738

single poleis sounds a bit odd... it's not necessarily a spelling error because one could be referring to binding the Attalidai to (multiple) single poleis, but in that case maybe "individual poleis" makes more sense?

awarder is definitely a slip of the key though

I mean no offense; I know how much work the devs put into the mod, and spelling issues are (rightly) a very minor concern
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; April 26, 2021 at 04:20 PM.
    . .

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksander the Average View Post
    Is it just me or are there more typos these days?
    Attachment 364738

I mean no offense; I know how much work the devs put into the mod, and spelling issues are a very minor concern
    I am guessing it was written by a none native speaker because a lot of that paragraph sounds unnatural really, and considering how much text there is i don't envy their "job".
    Last edited by Martin N; April 26, 2021 at 05:12 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

I am guessing it was written by a none native speaker because a lot of that paragraph sounds unnatural really, and considering how much text there is i don't envy their "job".
    Editing other people's writing is my everyday job, so I have this horrible habit of pointing out errors when I see them...

But to be honest, I'd much rather be editing stuff in EB than anything else!
    . .

Editing other people's writing is my everyday job, so I have this horrible habit of pointing out errors when I see them...

But to be honest, I'd much rather be editing stuff in EB than anything else!
    A new proofreader would be a good addition to the the team. After all, the 2.4 version will include many new texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    A new proofreader would be a good addition to the the team. After all, the 2.4 version will include many new texts.
    What he said. We would welcome new proofreaders, we don't have many.

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    I could certainly edit for a few hours a day in my spare time. Especially if it means I'd get a peek at the dev build...

I'll post an application
    . .

Where do you apply? Not my day job like Aleksander though i have been involved in pretty dialogue heavy fan translations of JRPG's before and reading unit and building descriptions is and always has been some of my favourite parts of Total war mods for sure.

That initial example for instance;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And were often honoured by the local councils, further strengthening the ties between the Attalidai and the individual Poleis.

This particular form of administration will only provide a very limited range of construction and military recruitment while also causing a penalty to happiness within the Poleis. However it will also facilitate the establishment of garrisons throughout the wider region to reduce unrest and lay the groundwork for the construction of an Hellenistic Military Colony, which will then initially provide the Governor with a modest amount of factional troops while slowly spreading our culture throughout the region.

NOTE: In order to build and upgrade a Military Colony you will need to have "colony points" available, these are awarded every 16 turns for each "Hellenistic Metropolis" under your factions control.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Where do you apply?
    You can post in the Recruitment Thread.
    . .

You can post in the Recruitment Thread.
    I messed up 1st and 3rd person in the strategy passage anyway so all my confidence is gone now haha. Cheers though.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    One notice on CAI recruitment : Those enclaves change culture so much that For example Getai don t have enough their own factional culture to build something more than " petty ruler" government so that in turn they cannot recruit their elites since scythian enclaves deleted their culture to 56% and they lost the ability to recruit the elite units and build their best government type. Is there any change in the future to maybe remove enclaves from CAI building options since they lose their recruitment options? CaI does not destroy enclaves on it s own you know. So those new elite spearmen are a mist now since enclaves remove their culture.

So the feedback on CAI Getai : I was wondering why they were doing so bad in all my campaigns. Well " Histrie" they are always losing that settlement because of cultural unrest ( created by enclave and gives this faction a setback noticed in four campaigns that )
    Also their capital is suffering ( 56 % their culture due to enclave present there and they can t build higher government than "petty kingdom" which is not normal In my book ) They constantly must keep a full stack there in their capital since CAI probably calculates unrest which is not normal ( it s factions capital )
    Also noticed that they always lose "Kabyle" due to unrest.
    A player has a brain and therefore can stop and destroy the enclave in order not to damage too much of his settlements with alien culture the CAI on other hand, does not so it affects it s development especially those factions with enclaves as building options. They suffer greatly because of the cultural change. Maybe there is a possibility to make "the cultural change" dissapear for CAI somehow? So they won t get their homeland regions polluted with alien culuture like that? And the player can keep as intended. but change for CAI..
    Getai have no culture requirements on either their governments or recruitment. The enclaves only fast-convert up to 30% and this doesn't make any difference to anything bar public order for the Getai.