Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A released!

I just want to say after reading this thread. We are getting into some discussions that would be probably better suited for another separate thread. We must all take into account that this format of communication with no pictures reads like a book. That being said I will say, If there was a seperate thread about the Ptolemaic, vs Carthage discussion i would have said. I support removing the AI's ability to navigate this desert. The AI is so pitiful in this game, that anyway to make it act better is much appreciated. The Idea of Carthage and Egypt fighting over that land, has caused Rome and Carthage to ignore each other for ages. If Carthage is forced to go only North Than we will see some more historical and better gameplay. Rad can always have a Submod to remove this, But i think base gameplay will be drastically better for the AI and Player if Carthage and Ptolemaic Egypt are more of actual players in their world. And not busy killing each other over sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    But they still won't be able to merge for the rest of the campaign? That seems like it'll still end up with groups of unmerged small fleets sooner than later if there isn't some mechanism causing them to merge reliably within the first turn or two allowance. Which given where other fleets are when new ones are recruited, might not even be possible within that timeframe. Maybe it's not necessarily a problem, having small one or two unit navies represent fleets, if the overall numbers of fleets are relatively low. Like if an AI faction has only 15 naval units, maybe having them be split into 8-10, or even quite possibly 15, separate operating forces makes sense. Might take some getting used to. But the player will definitely have the advantage of foresight and planning, likely leading to player-only huge navies always winning against AI at sea.
    This. Is this navalsupply trait really worth it in exchange of possibly screwing up the AI in the long run? If it aint broke, dont fix it imo. I doubt this delay will change that the AI will have tons of independent one ship fleets.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Semisalis

How do I retrain mercenary units? I haven't played EB in 3 years or so but I remember being able to re-train solduros and numidians and other mercenaries. It used to be that if a province has that mercenary available for recruitment then you can retrain them in that city's queue, but that doesn't work for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    How do I retrain mercenary units? I haven't played EB in 3 years or so but I remember being able to re-train solduros and numidians and other mercenaries. It used to be that if a province has that mercenary available for recruitment then you can retrain them in that city's queue, but that doesn't work for me anymore.
    In addition to their availability for recruitment in a given province, I believe there also need to be units available in the recruitment pool.

If you guys want Carthage to go north, you could always do what RTR8 did and have tiny 1x1 islands forming a path between Alalia and Arretium, and another between Alalia and Nurri, and reintroduce the landbridge between Messena and Rhegion like in EB1. Heck, go all in and completely connect the Tyrrhenian Sea with 1x1 islands to encourage nonstop warfare between Rome and Carthage. You get historical expansion and wars at the expense of immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    If you guys want Carthage to go north, you could always do what RTR8 did and have tiny 1x1 islands forming a path between Alalia and Arretium, and another between Alalia and Nurri, and reintroduce the landbridge between Messena and Rhegion like in EB1. Heck, go all in and completely connect the Tyrrhenian Sea with 1x1 islands to encourage nonstop warfare between Rome and Carthage. You get historical expansion and wars at the expense of immersion.
    Not an option for Release 2, any change to map_regions shuffles the regionIDs used in the EDCT and EDA.

All bets are off for 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwebib View Post
    In addition to their availability for recruitment in a given province, I believe there also need to be units available in the recruitment pool.
    It may also be possible that the unit you want to retrain originated from the same "pool definition" from descr_mercenaries.txt. For example, if you're Ptolemaioi and hired a Mercenary Phalangite from Egypt's start-of-campaign mercenary pool (3 units, 0.12 replenishment rate), you can only retrain that unit in Egypt as long as that 3x0.12 pool definition is active. Once the Thureos Reforms takes place and that pool definition is replaced by 2 units, 0.08 replenishment rate, you won't be able to retrain that Mercenary Phalangite unit originating from the 3 unit, 0.12 replenishment rate mercenary pool. I got to this conclusion when, during the mid-game, trying and failing to retrain a mercenary unit I hired at the start of the campaign.

Interesting. I'm still getting used to M2TW's replenish rate mechanic.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    It may also be possible that the unit you want to retrain originated from the same "pool definition" from descr_mercenaries.txt. For example, if you're Ptolemaioi and hired a Mercenary Phalangite from Egypt's start-of-campaign mercenary pool (3 units, 0.12 replenishment rate), you can only retrain that unit in Egypt as long as that 3x0.12 pool definition is active. Once the Thureos Reforms takes place and that pool definition is replaced by 2 units, 0.08 replenishment rate, you won't be able to retrain that Mercenary Phalangite unit originating from the 3 unit, 0.12 replenishment rate mercenary pool. I got to this conclusion when, during the mid-game, trying and failing to retrain a mercenary unit I hired at the start of the campaign.
    Okay, that's complicated, even more so if this applies to units that are available with two different but identical trained and mercenary versions, like Kappadokian Cavalry. It would be helpful if the mercenary window showed how long until a unit replenishes for recruitment, otherwise it can be difficult to remember which city a mercenary was recruited in.

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Moved from the screenshots thread, which I think was posted in error.
    In my defense, it does technically include a screenshot... but thank you nonetheless, Quintus.
    I think I realized where I'd posted it only after doing so.

Next time should it go here, or in "EB Bug Reports and Technical Help?"
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; April 22, 2021 at 09:48 PM. Reason: grammar
    . .

Found a bug With Sweboz playing as Pergamon. They have settlement " Waldawa" and they own it for atleast 200 turns now and I only now noticed this. So they keep getting destroyed by Boii or Lougionnes in the North and they keep re-emerging or getting stacks in Hleifpof The most northern settlement. So basically The game writes a message that reads " Sweboz reborn" but in reality they were never defeated because they own a "Waldawa" province for 200 or 300 turns now. So Boii destroys they in the North. The "waldawa" remains with their full stack in the game and the next turn I get the message "Sweboz reborn" and they get re-emerged with two stacks somewhere in the North. Only now noticed this lol.

Also so it s turn 675 and Romans got their Marian reform and I checked with spies their recruitment options on their buildings and noticed That "Roman Polybian citizen cavalry " wich they can recruit atleast four of in each province did not dissapear and those "legionary cavalry" untis did not appear for Marian reform, is that intended?

Also about the Basileus. So I put my last Attalides ( my king ) in Pergamon ( he was 53 ) and until his death in Pergamon he did not had any children despite being healthy and not impotent. So when he died I got a new Basileus but he was of "Mysian" stock. I basically do not have any Attalides left and I guess "Mysians" as farmers get to the Throne for Basileus aswell. So I have few Mysians lol. So yeah The campaign is near turn 700 and Lougionnes never recruited a single "Pomeranian cavalry" unit I did not see any of those with spies ( I am spying them all game ) and the romans did not get their "legionary cavalry" they are still left out with "Polybian citizen cavalry"

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Found a bug With Sweboz playing as Pergamon. They have settlement " Waldawa" and they own it for atleast 200 turns now and I only now noticed this. So they keep getting destroyed by Boii or Lougionnes in the North and they keep re-emerging or getting stacks in Hleifpof The most northern settlement. So basically The game writes a message that reads " Sweboz reborn" but in reality they were never defeated because they own a "Waldawa" province for 200 or 300 turns now. So Boii destroys they in the North. The "waldawa" remains with their full stack in the game and the next turn I get the message "Sweboz reborn" and they get re-emerged with two stacks somewhere in the North. Only now noticed this lol.
    Sweboz and hording factions don't re-emerge, they have a "respawn" script instead. I'll double check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksander the Average View Post
    In my defense, it does technically include a screenshot... but thank you nonetheless, Quintus.
    I think I realized where I'd posted it only after doing so.

Next time should it go here, or in "EB Bug Reports and Technical Help?"
    The screenshots thread is for people posting captures of their battles and such, for enjoying how it looks.

This is the thread for feedback, which is what that was, rather than a bug strictly speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Also so it s turn 675 and Romans got their Marian reform and I checked with spies their recruitment options on their buildings and noticed That "Roman Polybian citizen cavalry " wich they can recruit atleast four of in each province did not dissapear and those "legionary cavalry" untis did not appear for Marian reform, is that intended?
    There's no change to the "citizen cavalry" recruited in central and southern Italia with the Marian reform (because it didn't "reform" the Romans just stopped calling them up preferring auxiliary cavalry). Post-Marian cavalry comes from northern Italia and beyond.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 23, 2021 at 03:34 AM.

Hoping to get Release 2 issued over the weekend, we've finished adding things to it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Hoping to get Release 2 issued over the weekend, we've finished adding things to it.
    Excellent to hear, with all the new fixes it almost feels like version 2.35B!

Will there be an updated Player Guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Will there be an updated Player Guide?
    I can ask.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 23, 2021 at 06:20 AM.

I've updated the changelog thread, for anyone curious. r17373 was the point when R1 was issued, read up from there.

If you don't want spoilers to a few surprises we sneaked into Release 2, don't read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwebib View Post
    Gotcha, so the bug is that AI sometimes doesn't restart after re-emergence if you have fog of war on?
    You will be able to play normally, without having to remove the fog of war, if that's what you want to know.