Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R3.5 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35A R2 released!

I am playing a game as Nabatu in 2.35A R2 and it's lots of fun

However I noticed that in Cyprus the foreign military garrison (and its upgrades) doesn't provide any recruitment.

Is this intentional or just an oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricity View Post
    I am playing a game as Nabatu in 2.35A R2 and it's lots of fun

However I noticed that in Cyprus the foreign military garrison (and its upgrades) doesn't provide any recruitment.

Is this intentional or just an oversight?
    Ah, that's kind of an oversight. Most of Greece doesn't provide anything deliberately (though maybe it should for non-Hellenistic factions?), but Cyprus probably should being in the Anatolian/Syrian sphere.

Nabatu are getting a few small changes with R3 (like an opening crawl that many other factions get to provide some initial guidance), they are quite unloved at present.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 16, 2021 at 09:52 AM.

z3n's cai updates, nabatu development, skalpinai (that how you spell them?)....hrghhh R3 come forth!!

Oh yeah has the EBII team finally at least acknowledged the better performance of phalanxes with guard mode off? I mean kills to casualties ratio-wise, they objectively do better yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    z3n's cai updates, nabatu development, skalpinai (that how you spell them?)....hrghhh R3 come forth!!
    The Skaplinai are already in R2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Oh yeah has the EBII team finally at least acknowledged the better performance of phalanxes with guard mode off? I mean kills to casualties ratio-wise, they objectively do better yes?
    No; because the better class of phalanx does, but the levy ones get murdered when that happens.

You must be talking about uhmm (again how do you spell them) the pantada...pandata...the eastern levy phalanxes right? The ones available to the "eastern" hellenistic kingdoms? Because, from personal experience (backed with numbers not just nostalgia), the deuteroi...uhh the "whiteshields" do pretty ok...So basically, with guard mode off good ones (example being the agema, the bronzeshields, and the mercenaries) do better, the "ok" ones (example being the whiteshields, the anatolian native one, the illyrian one) maybe do ok (if you average their top and worst performances) and the trash ones (eastern levy phalanx) become trashier? Isn't this a good thing? Guys with pro or semipro training showcase their synergy well, the average ones are more reliant on good terrain and stable battle lines to function normally, while the trash ones are just to bulk up the armies and look menacing? I mean, the ai factions who use the most phalanxes are the ones who'll field the most "good" phalanxes, so doesn't this make them more challenging to fight? The trash ones will never be recruited in large numbers anyway, and their bad performance kinda underlines why good drill is necessary for effective pike offense.

Well, at least I partially proved my point. Cheers to the (hopefully) very soon rollout of R3! With Asanan riders (available in late campaign)!!

Hi,
    I have two questions.
    Why should I ever build one of the mines that +90 or something in that range?
    When I get a client state I can recruit the client ruler but when I install the next levels of oligarchy or democracy that is no longer possible. What to do when the guy dies of old age?

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Hi,
    I have two questions.
    Why should I ever build one of the mines that +90 or something in that range?
    A way to get rid of excess funds.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    When I get a client state I can recruit the client ruler but when I install the next levels of oligarchy or democracy that is no longer possible. What to do when the guy dies of old age?
    Destroy the government and start all over again. That's the turmoil of installing a new regime after all those years of stability.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

hey I tried to provide citizenships for my regions in Italy already surpassed the 75% threshold of "western polities" but still cannot build or grant citizenship to the region, all I can do is providing Latin rights?

Is that a feature?

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    hey I tried to provide citizenships for my regions in Italy already surpassed the 75% threshold of "western polities" but still cannot build or grant citizenship to the region, all I can do is providing Latin rights?

Is that a feature?
    If you're referring to Roman colonisation, you need colony points to put them down. The Ius Latinorum can't be upgraded until the Marian reforms.

Coming to the Foreign Colony: pools for Greece and the Aegean/eastern Mediterranean, but only for non-Hellenistic factions (Pontos is excluded because they can build helcols).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Coming to the Foreign Colony: pools for Greece and the Aegean/eastern Mediterranean, but only for non-Hellenistic factions (Pontos is excluded because they can build helcols).
    I have also noticed that Pontos can no longer build any factional government in Hellas except for Doriktete Ge. Is this intended?
    Last edited by realm56; May 19, 2021 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    I have also noticed that Pontos can no longer build any factional government in Hellas except for Doriktete Ge. Is this intended?
    They've never had any native pools for Greece in any of their governments, though that's because they can use the polis. I'll have to check.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The Ius Latinorum can't be upgraded until the Marian reforms.
    this is the answer I needed thanks!
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

I followed all the instructions to the letter and the patch works great. I started a campaign as my long time favorite faction, one that I don't see mentioned much in updates, and let me say: THANKYOU for polishing up Taksashila! Right from turn one I find beautiful new unit icons and a better indo-greek mercenary pool. The new icon for the Ksatriya Gadahasta Yoddah looks absolutely awesome. It blows my mind that such a great game is made available completely for free. I look forward to digging into this latest patch in a game I still play all the time. Big studios do not come close to the amount of historical dedication and complexity in the work of the EB mod team. Just...thank you.

How to install client ruler from allied state?

Quote Originally Posted by leongiannakos View Post
    How to install client ruler from allied state?
    They're available from the Tributary State before you choose what sort of Allied Government you want.

When they die, you need to destroy the building and start again.

Is he a general like the others?does he have a portrait?

Quote Originally Posted by leongiannakos View Post
    Is he a general like the others?does he have a portrait?
    He's a non-Family Member General. This is all in the Player's Guide.

Posted this in the wrong section, haha. Will there be a changelog listing the most striking or vital changes of R3 (which will hopefully be out very soon)? Just like, up to 5 bullet points or so...Might as well call this the EB2 2.35 R series...haha!