Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trumps Latest Controversy

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trumps Latest Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    1) Wasn't an attempt to overthrow an election, neither were anti-Putin protests in Moscow last year. Both governments deserved riots for how they conducted elections.
    2) America's slow path to corrupt pseudo-democratic oligarchy that it is today started with establishment of federal reserve under Wilson, then FDR yanked the chair from under the economy by removing gold standard and things snowballed from there, as the economic, and by extension political power of banks grew and they gained more and more control.
    Truth is, America is not a democracy or even republic. Its just a banker oligarchy that calls itself fancy names to pretend like its free and democratic to give the whole racket an aura of legitimacy.

I also do find it funny how those politicians whine about some government building being "stormed" by polite boomers taking selfies, but didn't they approve of same thing being done to Ukrainian government, whose election they recognized a few years prior? It seems that they just had been fed their own medicine and they didn't like it.
    Perhaps instead of blaming protestors, those corrupt whining cowards in congress should take a long hard look in the mirror.
    Blue is the only stuff that isn't irrelevant, whataboutism or both in response to my question (that blue part lacking in itself any indication\support to it's inherent claim). Thank you for confirming that reflexive whataboutism is your standard posting modus operandi.

PS: 'polite boomers taking selfies' - you forgot to mention that the deaths that occurred during that photo session where caused by massive epileptic seizures triggered by the flashes of the incessant selfie taking.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 12, 2021 at 09:50 PM. Reason: forgot the boomers

You're forgetting numbers one and four of the five commandments of conservatism Gigantus.

1: No matter what it is it's never my fault, my party's fault, or my leader's fault. It's all the fault of liberals/CRT/Blacks/Environmentalism/globalist/Marxist conspiracies.

2: Everyone I don't like or who doesn't do what I command is a pedophile.

3: Doctors cannot be trusted. Modern medicine is a communist plot.

4: Trump is never wrong.

5: If Trump appears to be wrong, see rule 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Blue is the only stuff that isn't irrelevant, whataboutism or both in response to my question (that blue part lacking in itself any indication\support to it's inherent claim). Thank you for confirming that reflexive whataboutism is your standard posting modus operandi.
    I don't think you understand what "whataboutism" means. Pointing out that America is just an oligarchy and democracy in name only is not whataboutism.
    PS: 'polite boomers taking selfies' - you forgot to mention that the deaths that occurred during that photo session where caused by massive epileptic seizures triggered by the flashes of the incessant selfie taking.
    The death occurred from capitol cop murdering an unarmed woman.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The death occurred from capitol cop murdering a frenzied woman who tried to breach a police barricade and attack lawmakers.
    Fixed for ya.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

who tried to breach a police barricade and attack lawmakers.
    Source?

Citizen

Source?
    You're aware that there's video of the incident and that people have eyes, yes?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't think you understand what "whataboutism" means. Pointing out that America is just an oligarchy and democracy in name only is not whataboutism.
    whataboutism = "the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue"

You should check what you are responding to instead reflexively posting your standard rants - like what I asked you with regards to your statement. I mean: how the freck is 'last year' responding to your claim of 'back before the orange man was born'?

The death occurred from capitol cop murdering an unarmed woman.
    And the two capitol guards, the orange man had the flags lowered for, honored their masters by slitting each other's throat in good old 'Masada' tradition - being in anguish over the nefarious act their colleague committed. Or was it seppuku? So damn hard to keep track these days.

Even your trolling is sub standard....
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 13, 2021 at 09:14 PM.

Whataboutism attempts to discredit an idea by charging hypocrisy without directly disproving the claim or topic in question. Pretty standard fare for anti-US journalism and commentary since time immemorial.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 13, 2021 at 09:18 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    You're aware that there's video of the incident and that people have eyes, yes?
    What you provided is not a proof of this woman trying to attack anyone. At best that's only proof she was trying to get in a place she wasn't suppose to go.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 14, 2021 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Name-calling.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDA ⬤ SHINGEN View Post
    What you provided is not a proof of this woman trying to attack anyone. At best that's only proof she was trying to get in a place she wasn't suppose to go.
    That is clearly a group of angry people, using violence to breach a secured door clearly protected by armed Capitol Police officers. Given the violence shown by those trying to breach the door, and knowing what has happened in other countries where mobs have overrun government officers, it isn't difficult to understand why police might be fearing for their own lives, and thus justified in using deadly force.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 14, 2021 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    That is clearly a group of angry people, using violence to breach a secured door clearly protected by armed Capitol Police officers. Given the violence shown by those trying to breach the door, and knowing what has happened in other countries where mobs have overrun government officers, it isn't difficult to understand why police might be fearing for their own lives, and thus justified in using deadly force.
    Yeah... like the hundred of BLM/Antifa riots all around the country that were "peaceful"? No one tried to overrun nothing. It was a protest. No one died this day from violence other than this woman. They were even invited in, there video showing officer opening the barrier and waving their hands to let people come closer. Trump called for them to not escalate, to stay peaceful, even the well hated Alex Jones told everyone to be peaceful and to not let themselves trick into doing something stupid. The issue I have is the hypocrisy of the leftist here and everywhere else for that matter. It's radio silence when people die in the street from REAL violence, from real criminals, but hey when people protest in a federal building and break a window, now we call it violence and justifiable to shoot someone? There was an entire trial for Rittenhouse right to self defense against attackers that was caught on dozen and dozen of cameras showing exactly what happened, without the shadow of a doubt. But shooting this veteran woman... was reasonable? Because she was violent, according to some confusing leftist standard? It is just hypocrisy. And the hate for Trump. I get that people don't like him, his personnality, he is quite annoying for sure, but he did more for the country than any president before him, but people fail to appreciate or rather differentiate the personnality from being the president. If he is efficient as president, you should be grateful instead of inventing lies after lies to depose him. And that's another hypocry. There was an all out mediatize coup against him during his entire term, but the left scum try to turn ONE day of protest that broke a window into a coup, going as far as comparing the risk to other countries, like if the USA is comparable to other country. The hypocrisy is strong on the left.

Citizen

What we have is a deranged mob of Trump cultists, that she happened to be apart of, trying to breach a barricade. Or maybe you think they were peacefully trying to smash through the glass on the door?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 14, 2021 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Continuity.

A.B.A.P.

Yeah... like the hundred of BLM/Antifa riots all around the country that were "peaceful"? No one tried to overrun nothing.
    This isn't those riots. The Capitol Police can only respond to what is in front of them, and people using baseball bats and fists to smash through security doors isn't peaceful. It's the kind of thing that precedes lynching and executions in other countries.

YIt was a protest. No one died this day from violence other than this woman.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/u...ng-attack.html.

5 people died. Including a beaten police officer. Which by itself illustrates why police were justified in using deadly force, and the rioters were lucky that more weren't killed.

They were even invited in, there video showing officer opening the barrier and waving their hands to let people come closer. Trump called for them to not escalate, to stay peaceful, even the well hated Alex Jones told everyone to be peaceful and to not let themselves trick into doing something stupid.
    Yet there the people are, on the video, trying to smash through secure doors, even after Capitol Police show firearms through the window - and now on a second look, a clearly wavering and terrified Capitol Police officer at that.

The issue I have is the hypocrisy of the leftist here and everywhere else for that matter. It's radio silence when people die in the street from REAL violence, from real criminals, but hey when people protest in a federal building and break a window, now we call it violence and justifiable to shoot someone? There was an entire trial for Rittenhouse right to self defense against attackers that was caught on dozen and dozen of cameras showing exactly what happened, without the shadow of a doubt. But shooting this veteran woman... was reasonable? Because she was violent, according to some confusing leftist standard? It is just hypocrisy. And the hate for Trump. I get that people don't like him, his personnality, he is quite annoying for sure, but he did more for the country than any president before him, but people fail to appreciate or rather differentiate the personnality from being the president. If he is efficient as president, you should be grateful instead of inventing lies after lies to depose him. And that's another hypocry. There was an all out mediatize coup against him during his entire term, but the left scum try to turn ONE day of protest that broke a window into a coup, going as far as comparing the risk to other countries, like if the USA is comparable to other country. The hypocrisy is strong on the left.
    Accusations of hypocrisy don't solve individual situations. Sure stupid stuff happened in last summer's riots and protests. That doesn't justify what happened at the Capitol. This is not a forced binary situation. Both situations can present us with wrong headed behaviour.

This isn't those riots. The Capitol Police can only respond to what is in front of them, and people using baseball bats and fists to smash through security doors isn't peaceful. It's the kind of thing that precedes lynching and executions in other countries.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/u...ng-attack.html.

5 people died. Including a beaten police officer. Which by itself illustrates why police were justified in using deadly force, and the rioters were lucky that more weren't killed.

Yet there the people are, on the video, trying to smash through secure doors, even after Capitol Police show firearms through the window - and now on a second look, a clearly wavering and terrified Capitol Police officer at that.

Accusations of hypocrisy don't solve individual situations. Sure stupid stuff happened in last summer's riots and protests. That doesn't justify what happened at the Capitol. This is not a forced binary situation. Both situations can present us with wrong headed behaviour.
    I never said it was peaceful, I'm calling out the hypocrisy of the left. They qualify this as an attempted coup d'état... while it wasn't 1/10 as violent as all the BLM/Antifa riots burning down cities and killing/beating people indiscriminately. The 6 January has relevance only because it hurts Trump specifically because the left twist the event to blame trump for it, and make it sound like it was SO SO violent and threatening for the entire country... while excusing the rest of the country burning where A LOT of people suffer and die. I'm not excusing what the woman or anyone else did this day, even though I strongly believe the shooting was unjustified, I still can understand it and the reasoning. And the NYT isn't reliable for a cent. This business is bias and corrupt more than it ever was since its foundation. The police officer wasn't beaten, he was pepper sprayed. But he died from a stroke the next day or couple of days later. One ODed, two died from a stroke. The only one who died a violent death was the veteran woman. So like I said, I'm calling out the hypocrisy and the Trump bashing using the 6th January as a tool to destroy Trump and demonize his supporters.

I never said it was peaceful, I'm calling out the hypocrisy of the left. They qualify this as an attempted coup d'état... while it wasn't 1/10 as violent as all the BLM/Antifa riots burning down cities and killing/beating people indiscriminately. The 6 January has relevance only because it hurts Trump specifically because the left twist the event to blame trump for it, and make it sound like it was SO SO violent and threatening for the entire country... while excusing the rest of the country burning where A LOT of people suffer and die. I'm not excusing what the woman or anyone else did this day, even though I strongly believe the shooting was unjustified, I still can understand it and the reasoning. And the NYT isn't reliable for a cent. This business is bias and corrupt more than it ever was since its foundation. The police officer wasn't beaten, he was pepper sprayed. But he died from a stroke the next day or couple of days later. One ODed, two died from a stroke. The only one who died a violent death was the veteran woman. So like I said, I'm calling out the hypocrisy and the Trump bashing using the 6th January as a tool to destroy Trump and demonize his supporters.
    It is obvious that you strongly believe what you're saying. But as I said, nothing 'the left' did justified anything that happened at the Capitol. That situation stands on it's own. Things 'the left' supported last summer might also be stupid and wrong, but they aren't the Capitol riots.

You are responding to video evidence. What evidence can you present us with that supports your claims? Clearly the US Justice system disagrees with you, with hundreds charged for their roles on the day. Without some evidence, I can't respond to the rest of what you're saying because it is clearly speculative opinion.

It is obvious that you strongly believe what you're saying. But as I said, nothing 'the left' did justified anything that happened at the Capitol. That situation stands on it's own. Things 'the left' supported last summer might also be stupid and wrong, but they aren't the Capitol riots.

You are responding to video evidence. What evidence can you present us with that supports your claims? Clearly the US Justice system disagrees with you, with hundreds charged for their roles on the day. Without some evidence, I can't respond to the rest of what you're saying because it is clearly speculative opinion.
    Nothing the left did justified anything that happened at the Capitol? As opposed to the rest of the burning in the US that was justified, according to you? Is that the point you are making right now? And I don't understand the babbling following this. "Things 'the left' supported last summer might also be stupid and wrong, but they aren't the Capitol riots."? The discussion is about the contrast of the BLM/Antifa riots and the 6 January protest and the hypocrisy of the left condemning one and excusing the others.

And what claim specifically? And being charge doesn't mean being guilty. That all charade is more about politics than justice. It's a farce used to legitimized the tyranny of the left. The 'US justice system'? You mean the prosecutors, like Binger prosecutor? Prosecutor like the one that release violent criminals, arsonist, rapist all across the country right now? These prosecutors are the 'US Justice system'? People get charge, doesn't mean they are guilty. People are found guilty, doesn't mean they are, as the very long list of wrongfully convicted in US history can attest. Assange is still in prison and soon to be extradite... for denouncing and revealing murderers and crimes against humanity. That US Justice System? The US Justice system that also allow federal employees to almost kill or wrongfully kill people without any accountability just because? (https://www.youtube.com/c/InstituteForJustice/videos) You rely way to much on the presume 'benevolence' of the state, disregarding the history of the WORLD showing how corrupt and manipulated such a system can be by the political elite.

We'll see how their trial goes.

Nothing the left did justified anything that happened at the Capitol? As opposed to the rest of the burning in the US that was justified, according to you? Is that the point you are making right now? And I don't understand the babbling following this. "Things 'the left' supported last summer might also be stupid and wrong, but they aren't the Capitol riots."? The discussion is about the contrast of the BLM/Antifa riots and the 6 January protest and the hypocrisy of the left condemning one and excusing the others.

And what claim specifically? And being charge doesn't mean being guilty. That all charade is more about politics than justice. It's a farce used to legitimized the tyranny of the left. The 'US justice system'? You mean the prosecutors, like Binger prosecutor? Prosecutor like the one that release violent criminals, arsonist, rapist all across the country right now? These prosecutors are the 'US Justice system'? People get charge, doesn't mean they are guilty. People are found guilty, doesn't mean they are, as the very long list of wrongfully convicted in US history can attest. Assange is still in prison and soon to be extradite... for denouncing and revealing murderers and crimes against humanity. That US Justice System? The US Justice system that also allow federal employees to almost kill or wrongfully kill people without any accountability just because? (https://www.youtube.com/c/InstituteForJustice/videos) You rely way to much on the presume 'benevolence' of the state, disregarding the history of the WORLD showing how corrupt and manipulated such a system can be by the political elite.

We'll see how their trial goes.
    Before we go any further, and because we're in the Trump thread, rather than the left thread... can you define for me exactly what you mean by 'the left'?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    whataboutism = "the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue"

You should check what you are responding to instead reflexively posting your standard rants - like what I asked you with regards to your statement. I mean: how the freck is 'last year' responding to your claim of 'back before the orange man was born'?
    Ah yes, progress.
    Now that we have determined that you can look up meanings of terms you are using, you could start like, you know, applying meanings of those terms... to those terms?
    Pointing out that you can't attack democracy when what was allegedly "attacked" wasn't democracy to begin with isn't whataboutism. I get that you want to use cool smart words while arguing against facts you don't like, but you have to make bigger effort to make it look vaguely believable lol.

And the two capitol guards, the orange man had the flags lowered for, honored their masters by slitting each other's throat in good old 'Masada' tradition - being in anguish over the nefarious act their colleague committed. Or was it seppuku? So damn hard to keep track these days.

Even your trolling is sub standard....
    It was never specified why they died, so it could be them dying from protesters, it could be those capitol cops overdosing on fentanyl, it could be aliens. You are the one that clamed protesters killed people, burden of proof is on you.

1) Wasn't an attempt to overthrow an election, neither were anti-Putin protests in Moscow last year. Both governments deserved riots for how they conducted elections.
    Of course it was an attempt to overthrow the election. They broke into Congress the day the electoral votes were cast. And the only criticism of how the US government conducted its 2020 election was how Trump duped his gullible followers into believing it had been fraudulent, and how he had spent pretty much the whole of 2020 setting up that scenario. Seeing how Trump lost the election, though, there was no actual justification for rioting. Only phoney ones.

I also do find it funny how those politicians whine about some government building being "stormed" by polite boomers taking selfies,
    It wasn't "stormed", it was stormed. And there was nothing polite about it. Don't tell me you believe the rot about protesters being "welcomed in" and were hugging and kissing the police?

but didn't they approve of same thing being done to Ukrainian government, whose election they recognized a few years prior? It seems that they just had been fed their own medicine and they didn't like it.
    Perhaps instead of blaming protestors, those corrupt whining cowards in congress should take a long hard look in the mirror.
    This was a riot fuelled by the lies coming from an incumbent president who wanted to remain in power. So this is hardly apples and apples, is it? The only cowards in Congress are those who refuse to place the blame where it belongs - Donald J. Trump. Oh, the protesters are guilty as well, of course, but they are possibly too stupid to be held accountable. After all, if you actually believe Trump's election lies, you can't be all there.

Nothing the left did justified anything that happened at the Capitol? As opposed to the rest of the burning in the US that was justified, according to you?
    What on earth does that have to do with anything? And when did anyone say those burnings were justified, anyway?
    Last edited by alhoon; January 25, 2022 at 04:07 AM. Reason: off-topic part (commenting about moderation) removed

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Trump in his recent rally said:
    "Another thing we'll do, and so many people have been asking me about it, if I run and if I win, we will treat those people from Jan. 6 fairly," Trump said to applause. "We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons we will give them pardons. Because they are being treated so unfairly."

OKaaay, any idea why he didn't do that in January 2021 while still president? Why leave it for "season 2, the re-run!"
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast