Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trumps Latest Controversy

Default Re: Trumps Latest Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Pretty sure Fauci (and the CDC in general) gave up when they saw people hoarding gas in Burger King cups, probably realized America is hopeless at that point.

Yep, that is a thing that can happen.

Citation needed
    Fauci admitted in an interview with Medhi Hasan that the initial mask advice was motivated, in part, by a desire to prevent mask shortages:

We were told very clearly at the coronavirus task force, including by the surgeon general - who's a good person all the way - that there was a clear shortage of masks, and if we went around recommending masks, the healthcare providers who were putting themselves in harms way every single day would not have enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d77MCnx9Us
    Ironically, there is still no conclusive evidence that masks reduce transmission in a communal setting. The only large RCT to date (the Danmask study) found that "the difference [between mask wearing and not] observed was not statistically significant".

You mean the likely untrue lab leak theory?
    Senior Biden officials finding that Covid lab leak theory as credible as natural origins explanation.

The controversy is not about which theory is correct; it's that the establishment (including Fauci) rushed to dismiss the lab leak theory as a conspiracy (example) despite evidence that it is true. This raised suspicions that Fauci (along with other epidemiologists) may have wanted to distance themselves from their (and the NIH's) involvement of gain of function research. Fauci furthered these suspicions by offering misleading congressional testimony.

Read this post for more details on that.
    Last edited by Cope; August 09, 2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Ironically, there is still no conclusive evidence that masks reduce transmission in a communal setting. The only large RCT to date (the Danmask study) found that "the difference [between mask wearing and not] observed was not statistically significant".
    Osterholm came out a week ago and said the masks everyone is wearing are not effective.
    (He is not 'anti-mask', he wants everyone wearing the N95 respirators.)

"We now know that many of the washcloths people wear are not very effective at reducing virus movement in or out,” said Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. .

“We need to talk about better masking,” he continued. “We have to talk about the N-95 respirators, which would do a lot for the two people who are not yet vaccinated or who have not been infected before."“
    https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/08/b...-95-masks.html

I wonder which will happen next. Will the lazy lying left claim that Osterholm is an alt-right Trumper, who wants everyone to die; or will they (since Osterholm is Biden's (former) covid (and by that I mean China's Cave Bat Lab Lung AIDS virus) advisor) claim that they have been saying that all along...

Senior Biden officials finding that Covid lab leak theory as credible as natural origins explanation.

The controversy is not about which theory is correct; it's that the establishment (including Fauci) rushed to dismiss the lab leak theory as a conspiracy (example) despite evidence that it is true. This raised suspicions that Fauci (along with other epidemiologists) may have wanted to distance themselves from their (and the NIH's) involvement of gain of function research. Fauci furthered these suspicions by offering misleading congressional testimony.

Read this post for more details on that.
    Hush now, this is all alt-right propaganda, China didn't do nothing wrong (say the totalitarian collectivists)...

1. People are sheep if you treat them as sheep.

2. If you tell them the truth, and they know you're telling them the truth, they'll usually do the right thing.

3. The fact that the Trump regime was afraid of widespread panic, is due to varying agendas colliding, whether the belief popularity was based on the Dow Jones, or a general distrust of political institutions.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

American institutions and media lost public trust long before Trump became a politician.

Systemic collapse.

Usually the foundation for a Revolution, though I suspect cause may actually be a repeat of the previous one, people not wanting to pay their fair share of taxes.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...om-jan-6-panel

In other words, Trump learned nothing from Jan 6 and still expects his minions to break the law and risk the consequences to benefit him while he does jack for them in return. I can only hope these four are a bit smarter than the capitol attackers.

Capitol attack panel obtains PowerPoint that set out plan for Trump to stage coup
    Former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows turned over to the House select committee investigating the 6 January Capitol attack a PowerPoint recommending Donald Trump to declare a national security emergency in order to return himself to the presidency.

The fact that Meadows was in possession of a PowerPoint the day before the Capitol attack that detailed ways to stage a coup suggests he was at least aware of efforts by Trump and his allies to stop Joe Biden’s certification from taking place on 6 January.

The PowerPoint, titled “Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 Jan”, made several recommendations for Trump to pursue in order to retain the presidency for a second term on the basis of lies and debunked conspiracies about widespread election fraud.

Meadows turned over a version of the PowerPoint presentation that he received in an email and spanned 38 pages, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Shouldn't these people be tried for treason?
    The Armenian Issue

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The longer there are no consequences for actions taken the more encouraged people will be to take things even further. Or simply try again.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

It’s the “if you give a mouse a cookie” principle. Anyone even if they believed in Trump’s generalized political stances should be for Trump’s persecution given what happened last year, but we’ve become such a polarized society that Democrats won’t do anything for fear of killing their pull with certain parts of the electorate or angering the most extreme parts of Trump’s base, but the Dems are too stupid to see that letting Trump continually push the envelope is reaching that point regardless. The two party system has become a joke and broken the US government.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

System was broken long before Trump was a politician. Heck, the foundations for current quagmire were laid out by Wilson and FDR before Trump was even born. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Shouldn't these people be tried for treason?
    Unfortunately they will likely get off scot-free. We have a two-tiered justice system in this country, one of Republicans and one for everyone else. Otherwise these traitors would already be subject to "enhanced interrogations" at Gitmo to admit how much Putin is paying them.

I too remember how they put this kid on trial for shooting 3 Proud Boys that attacked him in an open-shut case for self-defense, while the one that tried to shoot him with a gun didn't didn't even get charged. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Unfortunately they will likely get off scot-free. We have a two-tiered justice system in this country, one of Republicans and one for everyone else. Otherwise these traitors would already be subject to "enhanced interrogations" at Gitmo to admit how much Putin is paying them.
    I'm pretty sure there are appropriately defined charges in our hilariously extensive federal code that don't involve either treason or military prisons that grew into concentration camps for poorly defined prisoners of war.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    System was broken long before Trump was a politician. Heck, the foundations for current quagmire were laid out by Wilson and FDR before Trump was even born. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Reflexive whataboutism or would you actually mind to expand on how the foundation for attempted overthrowing of an presidential election was laid way back then?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I feel like they’re probably referring to FDR’s (thankfully) failed attempts to stuff the Supreme Court way back but I fail to see how a failed attempt to pull some so far back as to be irrelevant (and which set the precedent that such behavior would not be stood for) has any bearing on Trump attempting something that fundamentally threatens democracy and sets a precedent where any outgoing President can simply claim an election is fraudulent when they lose in order to prevent the results a change in leadership. What he tried would literally render any future election pointless if he had succeeded
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Reflexive whataboutism or would you actually mind to expand on how the foundation for attempted overthrowing of an presidential election was laid way back then?
    Claims of voter suppression, illegal voting, voter fraud, manipulated voting districts, campaign spending abuses and a dysfunctional electoral system are routine in the US. Allegations of stolen, rigged or compromised elections are also common. Some recent examples:

- The concerted attempt by institutional liberals to undermine Trump's presidency with fabricated accusations about a conspiracy between the Kremlin and Trump to interfere in the 2016 election.

- Claims (some credible) by progressives that the 2016 and 2020 Democratic Party elections were fixed against Sanders by the DNC.

- Claims by mainstream Democrats that Sanders, Gabbard, Stein et al were/are Russian assets.

- The accusation that John Bush rigged the FL presidential vote (which determined the outcome of the EC) in his brother's favour in 2000.

Blog Entries

Claims of voter suppression....
    Nothing of that relates to HH's claim, eg the 'way back when' part (might have slipped by you) that I queried: "The foundations for current quagmire were laid out by Wilson and FDR before Trump was even born."

Try again? Or shall we leave it at 'reflexive whataboutism' where HH's comment is concerned? Trump was born in 1946, btw, not 2000. Certainly not 2016 or 2020 either.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 12, 2021 at 05:54 AM.

Nothing of that relates to HH's claim, eg the 'way back when' part (might have slipped by you) that I queried: "The foundations for current quagmire were laid out by Wilson and FDR before Trump was even born."

Try again? Or shall we leave it at 'reflexive whataboutism'?
    I was providing context for the "hate the game, not the player" claim. The 1876 election is probably the best place to start if there is genuine interest in the history of electoral controversies in the US.

Trump was born in 1946, btw, not 2000.
    2000 was before Trump became a politician.

Blog Entries

I was providing context for the "hate the game, not the player" claim.
    Then kindly quote next time what you are providing context for.

The 1876 election is probably the best place to start if there is genuine interest in the history of electoral controversies in the US.
    Yes, I would be interested in that. Got any links\references?

2000 was before Trump became a politician.
    Still not before he was born in reference to HH's claim\my quote. Let's stick with stuff like the 1876 suggestion of yours? If I wanted to reference recent politics I'll say so and wouldn't have bothered about HH's comment.

1) Wasn't an attempt to overthrow an election, neither were anti-Putin protests in Moscow last year. Both governments deserved riots for how they conducted elections.
    2) America's slow path to corrupt pseudo-democratic oligarchy that it is today started with establishment of federal reserve under Wilson, then FDR yanked the chair from under the economy by removing gold standard and things snowballed from there, as the economic, and by extension political power of banks grew and they gained more and more control.
    Truth is, America is not a democracy or even republic. Its just a banker oligarchy that calls itself fancy names to pretend like its free and democratic to give the whole racket an aura of legitimacy.

I also do find it funny how those politicians whine about some government building being "stormed" by polite boomers taking selfies, but didn't they approve of same thing being done to Ukrainian government, whose election they recognized a few years prior? It seems that they just had been fed their own medicine and they didn't like it.
    Perhaps instead of blaming protestors, those corrupt whining cowards in congress should take a long hard look in the mirror.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast