Thread: SP 20/20 Battles ALWAYS crash towards the end. So frustrating!

Default SP 20/20 Battles ALWAYS crash towards the end. So frustrating!

Someone please help me!

I've been playing SP NTWIII for ages, it's brilliant, I love it, it's therapeutic and my favourite ever game, and I realise with mods like this there is always a good chance of CTD, I accept that, but just recently, as I get farther into any nation's campaign, If I play a battle with 2 large armies it will 95% end up CTD. I've even turned the graphics way down but that had no effect. I end up auto-resolving but it's no fun so my campaign is on hold. The game version is 8.9 with patches, - bang up to date. The PC has a Core2Duo 3.2ghz, 8gb of RAM and a 750 Ti Radeon - obviously not really powerful by todays standards but should be totally ok to run a 10 year old game plus mod.

I'm out of ideas! Can anyone suggest anything?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: SP 20/20 Battles ALWAYS crash towards the end. So frustrating!

I think you need to double your RAM from 8 Gb to 16 Gb.

Another thing that could cause a CTD is the diskspace and buying another HDD will help.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thanks for the reply.

It's funny, it does seem kinda obvious now come to think of it but i hadn't thought of it.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Also adjust your graphic settings: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiel...g-tips-705532/

Thanks for your reply, your mod is f'ing excellent btw. 10 year old game still going!

I found that same web page while looking for a solution and I turned everything off or down that was suggested that could be done. I couldn't turn off SSAO - I think, whilst on ultra unit sizes. I got no different results. I think if it was the GFX card the battle would 'stutter' and the FPS slow down. This doesn't happen, it just freezes and crashes so I think the only conclusion is lack of memory. Bit of a bummer!