Thread: Current development stage of the patch?

Default Current development stage of the patch?

Been here long enough to not ask for a date (although if one is offered I won't turn it down), but can you kind folks on the team alleviate at least a bit of our misery and reveal what stage of development its at? Is there just the finishing touches to be done?

Default Re: Current development stage of the patch?

Even the finishing touches have already been done, the player guide has also been released, trust me when I say it, it will be available soon.

Hm. What's the state of Iberian factions (government, reforms etc...) in the patch? The last news are old...I'm wondering whether I should play KB, SPQR, Epiros, Ptolemaioi or something else entirely...

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I hope in new patch will be new Kartvelian infantry,Kartvelian shock Cavalry and Colchian Tribal Warriors. I worked very hard . I made them according to archeological materials, ancient sources and modern historians. They had an important role in hellenistic period. They fought against the Urartians, Persians, Greeks, Parthians, Romans, Scythians,Armenians and often won. They guarded the gates of the Caucasus. The Kingdom of Colchis was established in 13th century BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchis
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 04, 2021 at 12:29 AM.

We're in the final throes of playtesting before we release this beast into the wild. What we don't want to do is get everyone all excited then having to do a rush job of fixing something.

At the moment it appears including dummy .sd files is a bad idea.

Easter gift mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I hope in new patch will be new Kartvelian infantry,Kartvelian shock Cavalry and Colchian Tribal Warriors. I worked very hard . I made them according to archeological materials, ancient sources and modern historians. They had an important role in hellenistic period. They fought against the Urartians, Persians, Greeks, Parthians, Romans, Scythians,Armenians and often won. They guarded the gates of the Caucasus. The Kingdom of Colchis was established in 13th century BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchis
    Nope, I'm afraid not. Only units that have been previewed on the feeds are in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Nope, I'm afraid not. Only units that have been previewed on the feeds are in the patch.
    I think(?) I remember reading in the changelog that the Epilektoi Thorikatai were being updated, but I didn't see anything in the feeds. Do they still have the basic Thorakitai model in the new patch?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It is unfortunate. I worked 3 years for game. I studied ancient Greek authors (Strabo ,Xenophon, Plutarch and others) , I studied archeology and I drew a lot.
    early era Colchis and Iberian infantry , also late era iberian shock Cavalry played an important role in the Hellenistic era. I can cite too many sources, I can show you the source of all the archeological materials .
    I think these 3 units will make the game more interesting.

caucasian Iberian unit will be reworked? old caucasian iberian unit was very inaccurate. I worked hard to correct it
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 06, 2021 at 04:56 AM.