Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible that at least some of us have our "clone" somewhere in the world?

Default Is it possible that at least some of us have our "clone" somewhere in the world?

By clone obviously I don't mean clone in the strict scientific sense. I mean a person who looks identical to you: the face, the hair color, the hair style/cut.
    If some of us have our "clone" somewhere in the world, can that be because that person might be a very distant relative?

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: Is it possible that at least some of us have our "clone" somewhere in the world?

I've been collecting DNA samples and growing clones off all the key TWC members for a while now. So the answer is yes. Who told you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Campidoctor

Default Re: Is it possible that at least some of us have our "clone" somewhere in the world?

Morgan Freeman and Kofi Annan want to have a word with you.

In general, human facial recognition is a highly "active" form of perception; we do not just receive a visual signal as it is, but complex processing in the brain takes place. That processing can be disturbed because of trauma or congenital abnormality, and the affected individual can have a perfect eyesight but still have trouble telling similarly looking people apart. It also means that if an alien species visited us, they would probably perceive us as a much more uniform bunch than we do ourselves.

I'm not up to date on the science anymore, but that kind of complex processing is responsible for us being able to detect emotional states and attitudes in other people by extremely minuscule changes in facial expressions that would mean nothing to a non-human observer. People also seem to differ in how that processing works. Some are keen to perceive differences and mostly see everyone as an individual alone, whereas other people frequently see similarities in between individuals and even group them in some kinds of archetypical categories of appearance.

By "clone" I mean just as a way of saying ( I'm not talking about cloning in the scientific sense. I made it clear in my thread start ). For example if I say: "I met my clone yesterday". It just means a person who looks like me-

Akar is my evil mirror image.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Cope is my evil mirror image.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

It would be sad to find out that some else in this world has to live with my looks.

I believe in this as well

Citizen

wtf AoRun, that was quite harsh on sep.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

yeah for real damn dude

Citizen

I'd say real beauty is on the inside but I really don't want to be judged by my gastrointestinal tract.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    It would be sad to find out that some else in this world has to live with my looks.
    It can also be an advantage for you in case you become a friend of the person who looks just like you.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Beauty is subjective and its ideals supported by the masses. So it's an absolutely worthless scale. Power to the One Bunny to rule them all!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I have experience of at the least 3 dudes who look very similar that I personally know and that have no familial relations at all

now, for how I see it, either genetics are far less complex than what we believed, or someone has slipped into too many beds over the past few years, eh? Usually, I trust science more than what I trust human honesty, just saying
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

So according to Flinn anyone who shares any physical similarities with someone else is the result of adultery and infidelity.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

By clone obviously I don't mean clone in the strict scientific sense. I mean a person who looks identical to you: the face, the hair color, the hair style/cut.
    If some of us have our "clone" somewhere in the world, can that be because that person might be a very distant relative?
    I think the asnwer is no.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    So according to Flinn anyone who shares any physical similarities with someone else is the result of adultery and infidelity.
    He lives in Italy so his assumption is fair.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Did I ever mention you the case of Yara Gambirasio? Apart from the brutality of that story itself (that girl was raped and killed and after years finally they convicted one dude, but there are still many doubts), the crazy part was that in order to look for the killer, they made a DNA scan survey over the population of that small town. What they discovered was that over 130 people had the same father, which means that this man impregnated more than a 130 women over 40-45 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    So myboy, it's even far worse than that, those who shares physicals similarities are just those you can know about without having to do a DNA test

one thing is certain, you can say whatever you want about Italians, but no one is as good as us in keeping up with our bad reputation.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Theres a perfectly logical explanation why you may think like you see somebody that looks like you - its a mirror.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast