Thread: A look back on the past from the eve of Spring

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default A look back on the past from the eve of Spring

Greetings everyone!

In the case, that you missed looking at the calendar yesterday, the previous thread of mine (not clickbait this time ) was just a joke/prank. Somehow mixing in some half truths and some over the top "reasoning" managed to fool some people, so as I said it wasn't serious at all and if you fell for it, well then you were an april's fools. (and I am not apologising )

Now for something actually serious. I would like to take a look back on the 2020 year of our hotseating community, as I managed to fail to do this at the actual end of the year, so here it is a little bit later.
    2020 was a really year for everyone, however despite the world going bonkers our hotseating community endured and even growed somewhat both on TWC and on the Hub discord. I hope we can continue this trend in the future as we move on.
    We also had the hotseating awards back in the previous year and except mergor, who snatched 3 awards for himself, the rest of the awards went to different player/members of our community and we also had many different runner ups for said awards. Next awards later this year probably will share the same diversity aswell.

As for hotseats, many new ones were launched on TWC and the Hub and interest is still high for these, just as the TAG tournament is ongoing and with a few small hiccups it is progressing well in the current semi finals round. A few great and for a very long time ongoing hotseats also ended. SSAF, one of the greatest SS hotseat went on for more than 3 years ended in the end and it was even featured on Melkor's channel, while the first warhammer hotseat hosted by me also finished not so long ago and the winners of the Empire's last stand received a very nice looking signature and the ever most rarest Gaming Sword medal.

TWC also hosted the 2020 member awards and few of our members managed to snatch a shiny medal from it, even myself, which I am still suprised I got one.

So looking back the previous year was very much turned the world upside down, but our hotseating community flourished in these "dark days" and as the world is slowly "fixing" itself I hope our small section both on TWC and on the Hub will continue to grow and improve.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; April 02, 2021 at 03:51 AM. Reason: typo

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: A look back on the past from the eve of Spring

Hail General Dragon The Great!

Indeed, not a bad year for TWC (+Hub). Dragon also kinda forgot to mention that the last year we had the first two hotseats with proper online battles ever (possible due to Engine Overhaul Project Tool), so the new ideas and ways to play hotseats definitely keep flourishing. And new people still come to to TWC to play. Plus, we got some new new ideas in the pocket, so there should be more interesting hotseats soon. I will be hosting a TES online battles hotseat asap, also start a new newblood HS soon (on the new TES version that I released), etc

Also, lest not forget that other great long HS, The Isles of Chaos, has been going for 3 and half years, passed turn 100, and is still going well!
    Last edited by Jadli; April 02, 2021 at 04:53 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Wait, that wasn't a joke? And I who made all those long serious comments... Seems a bit embarrasing now.

But aye, things are looking up and seem promising!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Good and dedicated leadership leads to good hotseats

Cheers!
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021