Thread: 0 Income multiple regions and how to get gladiator revolts?

Default 0 Income multiple regions and how to get gladiator revolts?

Hi guys, love the mod and thank you for everything.

I posted this in the bug reports but haven't gotten any info back yet.

In a Parthia campaign, I have multiple provinces not generating any income. 0 in total regardless if I uncheck and check the box, or destroy and rebuild different buildings.

Also, question regarding slave revolts; are there supposed to be gladiator slave revolts playing as Rome? Do I have to have gladiator schools in order to have a slave army spring up? I've only had slave revolt cards pop-up with a hit to PO but no armies.

https://imgur.com/a/9qNhdDw

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: 0 Income multiple regions and how to get gladiator revolts?

You probably get 0 income due to empire maintennance and tax modifier. Are you running any submods along?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You probably get 0 income due to empire maintennance and tax modifier. Are you running any submods along?
    No submods.
    It's weird though that no matter what buildings I erect, I still get zero, exactly.

Check the regional effects and your empire maintenance. Each region has various effects that are displayed in the bottom left corner. Mouse over those to check. Some of your regions will have negative modifiers to your tax rate. Added to higher empire maintenance as you expand, it means some of your regions will produce 0 income, unless you increase the tax rate (either through buildings/traits, slaves, or the tax slider), or decrease empire maintenance (done mostly through character traits and technology).

Basically, all your various income modifiers (+% from agriculture, industry, commerce, etc) are added before accounting for tax rate, empire maintenance, and slavery. Those three add/subtract from each other to influence how much money you're actually making.
    Last edited by Augustusng; April 03, 2021 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Check the regional effects and your empire maintenance. Each region has various effects that are displayed in the bottom left corner. Mouse over those to check. Some of your regions will have negative modifiers to your tax rate. Added to higher empire maintenance as you expand, it means some of your regions will produce 0 income, unless you increase the tax rate (either through buildings/traits, slaves, or the tax slider), or decrease empire maintenance (done mostly through character traits and technology).

Basically, all your various income modifiers (+% from agriculture, industry, commerce, etc) are added before accounting for tax rate, empire maintenance, and slavery. Those three add/subtract from each other to influence how much money you're actually making.
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up reloading an earlier version of the campaign and now it's working