Thread: An end of an era on the winds of Spring

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default An end of an era on the winds of Spring

I hoped I could come with better news, but this is something I have to share and so with a heavy heart, but I have an announcement to make.

I am leaving TWC and all of hotseating behind from now on on this forum. While I spent a good amount of years working here and giving my hand in helping the community to develop/grow or atleast sustain itself, but now I have to draw the line and it is now! While doing my hard works behind the scene, as Gaming Director talking to Hex and other section leads sometimes almost in a day to day basis now, while trying to focus on my real-life aspect aswell, doing my university studies and also giving myself some free time with other games to relax a little bit. I most of the time handled these decently, had many hiccups here and there me being late in admining somewhere or playing my turn on time, etc., but this isn't the actual reason for my eternal departure. The actual reason is our old trouble maker friend, Jadli. Not many of you can see behind the scenes on our GS work or on the Hub council section, but jadli makes my days almost everytime to an absolute hell. He messages me constantly with his seemingless infinite energy of bombarding me with every kind of things regarding how we should do this and that, we should do this and that hotseat and on, and on and on....

I tried talking with him many-many times to tone this hyperactivity down, but he just can't stop. He is an unchained beast and I am done dealing with his annoying face now. I fear that with my leave he might get into a position where he can unleash his "wrath" upon anyone without consequences, but I just can't deal with this and I need to focus on my well being now. So as I said above, I can't deal with this anymore and I am leaving this place, that considered my free time as a personal torture for me for a long time now.
    The only way I could remain is that we either try to remove Jadli somehow, together or people follow me to another, new forum, where we can have the power to keep Jadli out, so that he doesn't ruin it. From the Hub discord I can remove his presence but on TWC I hold no such power.

I set up a basic forum for those that wish to follow me in this endeavour: https://thenewdraconicrealm.forumotion.com
    And to just show you guys what I have to deal with sometimes I link an uploaded footage from my own, hastily made private youtube channel a recording of a private voicechat between me and jadli. Here it is.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: An end of an era on the winds of Spring

Ugh. Finally! Make room for the new generation already! I graciously accept all titles, medals, reps, and bribery your former post had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

BURN IT ALL DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE AQUARIUM!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

How ungrateful... This is not what being a puppet of mine looks like, bad dragon! . Its time to end this hungarian plague...
    Last edited by Jadli; April 01, 2021 at 09:46 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Hungarians could rule the world. Dragon did. He took a Hungarian army to the far Czech Republic. There was nothing left to conquer; the world was his. But Dragon is dead. His empire is gone. And so we live in evil days; the free men of TWC have turned on each other, instead of their proper enemies: those who envy all the Hungarians have done. Dragon must weep, if the dead weep. I will weep in his place, but I will also hope. The world turns; what was may come again. The Fates still spin the web of men's lives. So now, perhaps the gods wish TWC Hotseating to be great again. Perhaps a new Hungarian will take up the sword, bring order where there is chaos, remake the world of men into a better place...perhaps.

Mergor, you know what to do.

To be honest, I always knew it would come to this. I've known the lads for so many years now, and not to break TOS but behind the scenes there certainly has been some clashing of not only swords, but also ideals. Throughout the drama, they have vehemently opposed each other. I mean, sure of course they would seem amicable when they had a common foe, a common enemy, an antagonist in the form of Westeros Hotseats. But then the Hungarians just had to go and gain majority in this forum, leaving the rest of us helpless to stop them. A master and an apprentice, always two. From a neutral's perspective, their incistant spam, arguments and trying to force others into playing hotseats, pulling encouragement and activity from the brink of a well-needed death has been to the detriment of us all.

I'm tired of cast-off forums. Other members have tried that before. That went well, right? We remember Sevenrealms. We remember what was it called, that thing Jadli did that one time. We remember the splits. And today, we see hotseating die. Finally. Jadli and Dragon are both at fault for this. Shaking my SMH. The sooner they're both gone the better, I'm sick and tired of having fun.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Division is not the answer ...neither is name calling nor calling to arms your friends and sowing division.

Yes Jadli can be a handful , i have had more than a few times, i have bitten back harsh responses to some of his enquires, and other times, i have said things publicly......and dragon is a competent admin, so i cant see why we cant work together? IF you [dragon] find it so bad to deal with jadli could we not ask he[jadli] work with a higher up official [leaving you free with your duties] if he is a whirlwind of activity? i dont see why starting up another forum for hotseating, whilst you have other activities [such as university] which are taking your time, makes starting another hotseat forum a good idea? equally if jadli is such a troublemaker, perhaps some words from a higher official for him to control/curtail himself might be warranted, with some restrictions applied, ..but starting a new war over hotseating will benefit neither jadli nor dragon nor more importantly the community?

perhaps a mediator could be found , that both people respect , to iron out problems, before it goes to far?

PBOB
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    snip
    You make a fair point Bob, which is why I declare my intention to usurp this sites ownership, declare myself Gaming-Hex and bring about peace, prosperity and ban all Westeros Hotseats from the forum.
    T
    and Peaman

Pfft. And I'm the second Coming of Commodus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Esker View Post
    Pfft. And I'm the second Coming of Commodus.
    More like what, fifth?
    and Peaman

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    Division is not the answer ...neither is name calling nor calling to arms your friends and sowing division.

Yes Jadli can be a handful , i have had more than a few times, i have bitten back harsh responses to some of his enquires, and other times, i have said things publicly......and dragon is a competent admin, so i cant see why we cant work together? IF you [dragon] find it so bad to deal with jadli could we not ask he[jadli] work with a higher up official [leaving you free with your duties] if he is a whirlwind of activity? i dont see why starting up another forum for hotseating, whilst you have other activities [such as university] which are taking your time, makes starting another hotseat forum a good idea? equally if jadli is such a troublemaker, perhaps some words from a higher official for him to control/curtail himself might be warranted, with some restrictions applied, ..but starting a new war over hotseating will benefit neither jadli nor dragon nor more importantly the community?

perhaps a mediator could be found , that both people respect , to iron out problems, before it goes to far?

PBOB
    Look at the date of thr first post pal