Thread: Sweboz questions

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Default Sweboz questions

Playing as Sweboz in 2.35

- Is it intentional that Frisians and Scandinavians are only recruitable through the allied government chain ? Id like to use them as mercenaries and through factional governments, which files would I have to alter for that ?

- Anything after getting the second pastoral region building level or isnt there anything after I can do with camps as Sweboz ?

- Probably the same as for other factions that can raid, but after getting 10 settlements or so I cant raid anymore right ?

Turn 130 or something around there, if anything is bound to the reform scripts.

Default Re: Sweboz questions

I've been meaning to ask the same thing as Marvzilla concerning the regional Germanic units. It's a bit weird that they are recruitable only through Allied Governments - my take is that they are supposed to be ''factional'' Sweboz units.

Also, I would like some information on Swebic cultural conversion - the one provided through clan migration buildings seems to be painfully slow and, unless i keep a governor in settlements in order to get some conversion through influence, it just doesn't seem to increase. Are we supposed to keep the migration precursor buildings in place until a certain level of conversion (excluding the 25% one)?

I am always assuming high influence governors are needed for culture conversion, regardless of faction.

Another thing happened that happened in a Nabatu campaign too: A province seems unraidable. Before that in any adjacent province I tried to raid it was no problem, but now not anymore. Only one general raids anymore, two others in unrelated provinces stopped too, but this could be due to them staying like 5 years there. Now I got a lot of my generals to raid this new adjacent region but after 4 turns still nothing, is the script broken ? I own 6 provinces so I guess thats not the culprit.

Also the point about being able to recruit regionals through factional governments is even worse now, after having conquered Moenon I can only recruit Hathjaknethoz and other Chatti through allied governments again, but atleast they are widely recruitable as mercenaries. I dont like using allied governments because of the family tree problems client rulers add onto, unit variety hurts for the Sweboz because of that.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; March 30, 2021 at 01:10 PM.

With the exception of their Migration government, Sweboz don't have regionalised recruitment. You get those two units from Tribal Migration buildings.

They're not factional units, they are regional ones.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    With the exception of their Migration government, Sweboz don't have regionalised recruitment. You get those two units from Tribal Migration buildings.

They're not factional units, they are regional ones.
    In my game that doesnt happen. I have three tribes in Ingwingoz (the Jutland province where you get the frisians) and none provide them. Looking in the building browser and checking every tribe none of them supplies them either. Only way to get them is through allied democratic government, the recruitment viewer says as much too.

@QuintusSertorius
    Not the case concerning regional recruitment (at least in 2.35), Marvzilla is correct.

@Marvzilla
    Every faction tends to get a mechanic that leads to cultural conversion, be it colonization, poleis, enclaves or government options (in the case of Celts, for example). The Sweboz, as i've come to understand, are able to expand in a wide area of Europe, through lesser states and migrations, until the cultural conversion is high enough to consolidate a Swebic Homeland. However i'm baffled about the way to achieve this, and i would appreciate a heads-up from QS or someone else with Sweboz knowledge. Is a Sweboz player supposed to get conversion from the migration buildings, so the extremely slow rate is intended, or from the migration precursors?

I'm looking at the development build, not 2.35, so that may have changed since.

I don't really have much Sweboz knowledge, though, they're a faction that hasn't had much development in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm looking at the development build, not 2.35, so that may have changed since.

I don't really have much Sweboz knowledge, though, they're a faction that hasn't had much development in recent times.
    Thought as much, Ill wait for when the update comes then. Thanks for the answers.

The conversion rate for tribal buildings is actually 0.5, hence their slow conversion if you build only one. With three buildings, however, you get 1.5 conversion, which is above average compared to other colonization buildings! Even better is that they convert all the way up to 70% which is needed for the Homeland building

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    The conversion rate for tribal buildings is actually 0.5, hence their slow conversion if you build only one. With three buildings, however, you get 1.5 conversion, which is above average compared to other colonization buildings! Even better is that they convert all the way up to 70% which is needed for the Homeland building
    Indeed, the conversion rate you mention is correct -but when it comes to clan migration buildings, which is the precursor to the settled tribes. Note that while in the in-game building description the 0,5% conversion rate of the precursor is mentioned, the rate provided by the settled tribe is 0% (not 0,5%). I've experimented with not building the tribe settlements in a 200-turn Sweboz campaign, but leaving them at the migration stage instead (which offers the aforementioned rate, but also no recruitment and farming malus), which just seems an incredibly inelegant way to get that rate up to that sweet sweet 70%.