Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

Funny that you mention this because it was also a problem for us and last week we decided to from now on just post only the files that got overwritten, in most cases its just the text files that get modified nowadays.
    I would say Austria is more developed because it was earlier in the main game, Bavaria was built based on Austrian framework.

thank you.

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for the patch!

I get a CTD in turn 3 as Venice. Quite soon .

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hmm that is strange. I am guessing it has something to do with Zadar script. Can you please post your log right after the crash?

Can you describe what you were doing? Was it during your turn or AI turn? Any details would be appreciated.

Ten turns in with the Swiss and have had no crashes so far, very immersive experience However, I added the music pack - which doesn't work for me unless I manually overwrite it - it seems that battle music doesn't work. Also, the native pack doesn't seem to work no matter what I do (installing or manually overwriting). Any ideas?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

I must admit that I wish that there was an easier way to install the music mod cleanly l. I think the key is installing the music pack before any other mods.

Meanwhile, I've done around 75 turns with Moldavia, went great overall, yet I think I might have stumbled over a bug: my faction leader is in his mid 80s and the heir in his mid 70s! I checked around the map and it seems to affect the other factions as well, lots of 70 year old generals and I just fought the Tatar Khan who was 81. I'm perfectly fine with having long lived characters but has something been changed in this regard compared to vanilla? (Granted, I have edited the game files just to increase some agent costs and make the assassin practically unrecruitable, but that can't have possibly affected this). Has this happened to anyone else?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Actually it happened to my Tsar Lazar he was into his 80's nd outlived Lazarević. And the next heir before dying in battle.
    My apologies, I'm still on 1.4 though

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Why do we need to use the advanced options with --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5 instead of a batch file?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Why do we need to use the advanced options with --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5 instead of a batch file?
    I've always fired it up with the provided batch file. Don't know why that's added in the description. Maybe the batch file doesn't work for some players

Imo this is because modders used to launch mods through expansions packs in 2000s and it's just an unnecessary leftover

Foederatus

Awesome work thank you

Foederatus

Hi guys, I still get a crash (and I assume all Mac users do) on turn 1, during the the turn of the Cantacuzenes. Is there any specific reason this may happen? Some tweaking with the .exe that doesn't work on Mac?

Hello!

New to this forum but have been playing TW for a very long time. Was just able to install and open the game, but it only opens to the small screen. Is there any way to make it full screen? I am pretty useless with computers so a detailed answer would be best hahah!

Thanks in advance : )) cannot wait to play!!

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi. Set your game resolution to match your desktop resolution, then reload the game

Don t you guys think that everything in the campaign happens way too fast? There is much more buildings and units but the campaign is way too short for all those goodies. It feels like technology is going way too fast through turns and units get left behind. A suggestion, maybe make 1 in game year 6 or 8 turns? A player is overwhelmed with events in game and really not all units of the faction get to be enjoyed in time. The campaign is way too short in my opinion. It s like Temurids invade.. boom it s already halve the campaign and I am playing with bombard wich I recruited two turns ago and now we have a grand bombard 40 turns later culverin... Way too fast for my taste. How can I change in game years to more turns in the mod while not breaking the game?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The mod originally was 4 turns per year but that would take you 400 turns to reach mid 15th century and all the late era units and technologies. I can make an optional 4tpy mini submod if anyone wishes

I personally find the pacing of the mod good enough. I think most people want to see all the amazing late game arms and armor sooner than later and as it stands this would still require you to play over 200 turns. But it's subjective, so I get it either way.

Like titles, most of the events are for immersion and flavor and don't affect gameplay, besides the obvious ones like gunpowder and armor upgrades.

4tpy should be optional.

It should be installable, like Invasio Barbarorum.

But I want to play with my characters a while longer.

It should also be noted that seasons should affect movement of armies, agents, e.t.c.

Agreed. Glad to see jurcek might service us with a submod.

The mod has tons of notable historical characters, so depending on when they appear, I definitely understand why players would want them around longer.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; July 29, 2021 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast