Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    The mod originally was 4 turns per year but that would take you 400 turns to reach mid 15th century and all the late era units and technologies. I can make an optional 4tpy mini submod if anyone wishes
    4 turns a year would be awesome. Right now we have 370 so it would be double that. I personally don t even build all the buildings in game and the nthe game campaign ends..

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    I personally find the pacing of the mod good enough. I think most people want to see all the amazing late game arms and armor sooner than later and as it stands this would still require you to play over 200 turns. But it's subjective, so I get it either way.

Like titles, most of the events are for immersion and flavor and don't affect gameplay, besides the obvious ones like gunpowder and armor upgrades.
    I enjoy heavy archers with 7 attack but they get weak way too fast in game. Impossible to counter Western cavalry. I like it when game is slower and does not bombard a player with new units. Also the battles are so well done that it needs more time to enjoy all the units in game.

Yes and building and developing aspect aswell. There are so many buildings in this mod, they take time to build. 4 turns a year also help with role playing a faction and characters more.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    The mod originally was 4 turns per year but that would take you 400 turns to reach mid 15th century and all the late era units and technologies. I can make an optional 4tpy mini submod if anyone wishes
    imo, 2TPY is optimal from the point of view of character development (traits). For 4TPY most of the triggers' should be remade, that's a very laborious process. Otherwise you'd have 30year old guy with the traits of a 50year old. And in the their 50ties all generals would possibilty uberheroes.

It s not really all about the character traits. It s about the pase of the game and technologies. I get a new handgunner unit and sometimes don t even get to play that unit out in an actual battle when there is already a new handgunner unit available lol. So it distorts some gameplay with some units. And that s what I meant units represented in game get left behind. People don t get enough time to play them out and enjoy. It just my opinion about the pase of things moving fast in campaign. I like to turtle you know, enjoy and build up it slowly, get more battles with all the units. They look so awesome in this mod. Battles are awesome.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I think it's great that you reached the end of the campaign and that you are still wanting for more! Most people don't even finish one single campaign, they usually get bored and give up.

If jurcek is kind enough to create a 4TPy campaign than you can enjoy a longer campaign. But there will be issues with some things like Jurand mentioned such as traits. But also the timing events, the turn times for buildings and stuff like that need to be adjusted which will take time.

We are thinking of working on a mid XV century campaign now and that will take a huge amount of development time.

if the game is based in 2TP , can units move in long distances pur turn? like mod: great conflict? it is almost able to send a fleet from one edge of the map to the other in one turn., to represent better the 6 month distance an army can cross??

Not sure what do you mean. Do you want the fleets to have longer movement or shorter? Currently, they do have pretty long movements, you can move in one turn from the top of Italy to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Not sure what do you mean. Do you want the fleets to have longer movement or shorter? Currently, they do have pretty long movements, you can move in one turn from the top of Italy to the bottom.
    i meant for longer distances .in sixth month a ship could surely have arrived to Cyprus from italy for example.. i understand the game mechanics are not allowing for such realsm, but it would be really great a sudden attack of an italy state to the other side of the map, or verca.
    By the way the mod iw really great .for me the best historical-medieval era mod on par with "great conflict". I love all these traits , scripts . historical accuracy like a playing historical library . Its like all the years of trying of mod community be gathered more or less in these mods...

Ok Yeah I see what you mean. It does make sense from an accuracy point of view for the ships to be able to sail more. But from a gameplay point of view there would be problems if the ships could sail longer distances. We do have quite longer distances compared to vanilla.

Yeah making new era campaign would take very loong time. This one is already very good. Would be nice to have a longer campaign, but yeah reseting timings would be tedious work I Guess, like spawns anchilary. I think nothing should be changed to buildings, I barely have time to build the mall in one campaign already lol.

Why you guys want to make pike and shot era? You like pew pew more than clang clang?;D Or someone is in love with Tercio pikemen..

The "late" era is focused on 1450, so it's not pike and shot yet

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Why you guys want to make pike and shot era? You like pew pew more than clang clang?;D Or someone is in love with Tercio pikemen..
    Nope, we don't have Tercios or pike and shot era in Tsardoms. That is after our timeframe. At most we have the colunellas which were the precursor to the tercios. Late era means XV century.

So you guys want to use the same map but what would be the difference for factions wise? So idea is to have more heavy armour knights fighting halberd and gunpowder armies?

Yeap, exactly the same map. Almost exactly the same factions (couple factions will be dead). Just the time is pushed forward to 1448 and the campaign will be 4 TPY. And yes the idea is to play directly with the late era units like the pikemen, the heavy knights and gunpowder but also to role play with the great heroes of the age such as Vlad the Impaler, Mehmed the Conqueror, Skanderbeg and so on.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ha ha awesome this is where I am in my current campaign 1458. It is great fun.

Could you post a screenshot of the map

Could you post a screenshot of the map

Hopefully someone will make a 4tp version of this, we are going to play this for years. Best battle system and unit balance ever created. You still going to add Bohemia and more mercenaries in the future yeah guys? Also stronger mongol invasion submod and temurids invading golden horde would be nice too..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast