Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

We are proud to announce the next version of Tsardoms Total War. This version is not savegame compatible and will require a brand new mod installation.

Installation

- Download the mod from the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bs3...ew?usp=sharing
    - Unpack the mod in the Mods folder of your Medieval 2 Total War folder using the installer. PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNPACK IN THE MODS FOLDER NOT THE MAIN MEDIEVAL 2 FOLDER

- Alternative torrent download
    CURRENLY NOT AVAILABLE (will be back soon)

- Steam installation: follow the same instructions as above, than go into Steam right click on the Medieval 2 Kingdoms game, go to Properties, then go to Set Launch Options and replace what is there with the following --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.5
    Basically for Steam the actual name of the Tsardoms folder and executable file must be there

Patch Notes

Here is a small summary:
    - the UI crash linked to right clicking on buildings has been fixed
    - the crash which was fixed in the latest hotfix related to the recruitment has been fixed
    - hopefully the bug with the insta death of the Byzantines and the Kantakouzenos at the same time has been fixed. We think this happened when the faction leader and heir died at the same time. We have enhanced the family trees of all the noble Byzantine families so there should now be plenty of heirs preventing this insta death to happen
    - a major rework of the AI which will make the AI factions a lot more aggressive and active. They will no longer just stay within their territory
    - more aggressive rebels which will actually attack your armies
    - VINC's new ancillaries based on historical characters which will appear at historical times in specific settlements
    - there will be a host of new historical characters spawned for Venice, Genoa, Milan, Austria, Hungary and others
    - a new famous Condottiere event (Alberico Barbiano) in Italy for Milan and Naples
    - a corruption script which will severely hit the player's economy if their treasury is higher than 30,000
    - the spawned rebel armies scripts (Hussite Wars, Polish invasion, Lithuanian invasion) will now only happen if the player controls the affected faction. This was previously an issue as the AI could not handle those invasions and was actually
    - the Savoyard Crusade will hit Bulgaria in 1366 with the Green Prince Amadeus of Savoy invading Nesebar and Varna
    - a rework of the Ottoman unit availability which will reduce the rate of Janissary recruitment and aim towards more historical number of janissaries in armies (historically they were about 15% of Ottoman armies) and more forced use of lower tier azaps and yayas
    - a reduction in the Timurid armies (experience and number reduced) due to the fact that the AI can not handle them as well as the player and they cripple the Ottomans
    - a tweak in unhappiness due to religion
    - a new colonial building for Genoa, Venice and Ragusa to help them hold on to colonies with high foreign religions
    - new raider script and a spawned fleet script added

The raiders script will involve frequent raiding in your territory by Tatars, Ottomans, Hospitallers, Aydinids etc if they own certain settlements. For example, if you are playing as Moldova and the Tatars own Cetatea Alba they will be sending frequent raids into Suceava lowering your money (plundering). This makes it imperative that the player quickly attacks those settlements to prevent raiding.

The spawned fleet script will help the AI for the maritime states (Venice, Ragusa, Genoa) who were known to use their fleets to raid and attack their enemies. These spawned fleets will blockade your ports and be a terrible nuissance.
    Last edited by Wallachian; April 01, 2021 at 06:58 AM.

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Version 1.5 Release

Mini map on a main campaign screen is a little fuzzy, pity because in a previous version
    it was beautiful and I like to play with a zoom.

And will in this version a son of a snatched character with a princess have his dynasty ancillary?

Congratz with patch! Very welcome fixes and additions. At last I can dive into your mod again.
    Goodbye people! Goodbye reality!
    Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Fantastic news. Unfortunately I having such an awesome campaign /campaigns as I'm playing as Romania and Serbia and Wallachia. An Orthodox alliance against the Ottomans and Latins

I downloaded this and it says 1.4

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

You have to trust our word for that

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Congratulations, Guys, this is really impressive! I've downloaded it and I'm having a look.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

well if it is called 1.4 i cant put it in my mod folder cuz it will overwrite my 1.4 wich i need for HS.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No it's a separate modfolder named 1.5

Great job! love the new fog of war and all the little refinements.
    Venice's start seems pretty challenging now, it's going to be an epic campaign!

the mod is geting masivly better.
    the fog is something it missed wery much and thoe invasions will make it less boring when u develope your faction.
    i cant wait to play defensivly against mass ottoman armies with smaller factions!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Just tried to download the latest version and got this -

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
    Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Just go to moddb i uploaded version 1.5 there too and there is no limit

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

I'm having so much fun as Venice, its actually quite challenging. Atm i used crusades to takeover Neapolitan posessions in Greece and Albania but my neighbours didn't appreciate it, so im having a bloody war with Milan, Byzantines and Athens. As if it was not enough Knights (Allied with Genoa, my enemy) are trying to take Naxos, my forces are spread very thinnly, i will have to create taskforces for each region to repel the invaders.

I love to see this mod develop so quickly, great job!

My pet subject is that now most of the units respond to being selected on the battlemap, nice.

I will probably start a Bulgarian campaign !

In next version Matyas Hunyadi will have his correct portrait based on his statue, I had problems to save it with best parameters, I think its ok now..

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks pretty awesome to me. I have never played as Hungary often border the kingdom as Vlachs and Serbs.

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Why when attack a rebel settlement the enemy garrison is go up?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD18 View Post
    Why when attack a rebel settlement the enemy garrison is go up?
    Garrison scripts. Most of the settlement in the game that are controlled by "rebels" were not part of the big nations of the mod for a reason, because they had enough military might to remain independent. The Garrison scripts help those cities being defended. The AI likes to move armies out of the cities, which would make it too easy for the players to conquer those towns

is it possible for the next versions to be in a smaller patch format? redownloading the whole mod each time is a detriment for users with low internet speeds.
    also i would like to ask which one of austria/bavaria is more developed?
    Last edited by sarpedon21; April 07, 2021 at 11:24 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast