Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dismounted Knights Orders Mod

Default Dismounted Knights Orders Mod

Dismounted Knights Orders Mod for MTW2 vanilla v1.1
    by zhumin1978

Choose blind installation
    or manual installation instructions if you have an already heavily modded game

Features:

Added dismounted knights for all 4 knights orders in the game, including unitcards, unit descriptions, and unit voices enabled. All knights orders' mounted and dismounted units have 2 levels of armour upgrade with different visual appearances.
    Preview:
    dismounted knights templars

dismounted knights hospitallers

dismounted teutonic knights

dismounted knights of santiago

Added "Knights Templar Order Disbanded" historical event set at 1307. After this historical event took place, templars would no longer be recruitable.
    Preview:

Remade overlay textures.
    preview:

If you have any problems, post it here and I'll check out for you. Thank you.

download page:
    http://files.filefront.com/Dismounte.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by zhumin1978; January 29, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Default Re: Dismounted Knights Orders Mod

Nice work!
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

Updated.

You used Dismounted Feudal Knights' model + Knights Hospitaller/Templar's texture, did you?

Yes. you can check battle_models.modeldb to see what's used.

Basic order knights models are a little different from dismounted feudal knights models. And the dismounted teutonic knights are now using swords instead of maces which they should be using.
    We can not use mounted order knights meshes directly to make dismounted units, because we can not change the weapons a model uses atm. There is no way I can make the lances dissapear completely, no matter what trick played.
    So the only solution will be find a similar dismounted model CA already made with the right weapons attached, and use that model.

For related discussion check here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80328
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78236

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Amazing! Congratulations!
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

nice skins, do you have unitcards for the different levels?

Quote Originally Posted by zhumin1978 View Post
    Yes. you can check battle_models.modeldb to see what's used.

Basic order knights models are a little different from dismounted feudal knights models. And the dismounted teutonic knights are now using swords instead of maces which they should be using.
    We can not use mounted order knights meshes directly to make dismounted units, because we can not change the weapons a model uses atm. There is no way I can make the lances dissapear completely, no matter what trick played.
    So the only solution will be find a similar dismounted model CA already made with the right weapons attached, and use that model.

For related discussion check here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80328
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78236

It's still a very good job

Yeah, I've seen your post before and I'm also seeking the way deleting their lancers but have no luck . It seems the only thing we can do now is waiting for the mesh exporter from CA.

I´m playing with LTC 2.1. How can I implement this mod while still using LTC?
    edit: sorry, didn´t read the instructions.
    Last edited by Wilhelm von Nassau; January 28, 2007 at 06:18 AM.
    divadsar on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    nice skins, do you have unitcards for the different levels?
    No. As far as I know, no units in vanilla have different unicards for different armour levels.

My unitcards are humble due to my lacking of photoshop skills.
    Maybe someone good at photoshop can make some real nice unitcards for those knights.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

great work.

Awsome

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Thats very cool

Libertus

Hey zhumin1978, I have an idea in regards to maceless teutonic kinght. There's a unit in en_lmail_hmail called baltest_mace, and what it is, is a light mail infantry unit armed with a normal mace. It only comes with french and english colours though, but that might be changed by adding the correct lines for the hre in the mb file. Also, maybe you could use slightly retexturized dis. imperial kinght skins for the upgrades as they already have a mace. Just some ideas though, I'm not experienced in modding meshes, so I wouldn't have a clue if they would work.
    Thanks for the mod, Chuckles

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

I have a little request: Can you release a standalone version of your mod just creating the event of the disbanded order of the templars? Or at least tell me which files I need to compare in order to add the event to my game. I would really appreaciate it. Thanks in advance.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Hi, Chucles. Thanks a lot for the info.
    baltest_mace mesh is something more like the dismounted huscarls.
    The weapon and the shield part of baltest_mace are all right, but the body and head part are not. They are the same as armoured seagant which is quite different from mounted order knights model.
    Also dismounted imperial knights's heads(helmets) are quite different from knights_templar_ug1 though they have the rest parts all right.
    So, we don't have the perfect fit for now. I chose head between head and weapon.

Hi, GODzilla.
    To add the historical event is quite simple.
    for descr_events.txt, add

event historic knights_templar_disbanded
    date 227

for historic_events.txt add, (I copied from wiki

{KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR_DISBANDED_BODY} The Templars were an unusual order in that they were both monks and soldiers, making them in effect some of the earliest "warrior monks" in the Western world. Members of the Order played a key part in many battles of the Crusades, and the Order's infrastructure innovated many financial techniques that could be considered the foundation of modern banking. The Order grew in membership and power throughout Europe, until it ran afoul of King Philip IV of France (Philip the Fair), who caused members in France to be tortured into confessions and burned at the stake. Under influence from King Philip, Pope Clement V then forcibly disbanded the order on Friday 13 October, 1307.
    {KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR_DISBANDED_TITLE} Knights Templar Order Disbanded

for export_descr_buildings.txt, overwrite existing entity with some like:

building guild_templars_chapter_house
    {
    convert_to guild_templars_chapter_house
    levels templars_minor_ch templars_major_ch templars_hq
    {
    templars_minor_ch requires factions { england, france, scotland, denmark, hungary, poland, papal_states, milan, sicily, venice, }
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Knights Templar" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter knights_templar_disbanded 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Knights Templar" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter knights_templar_disbanded 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1
    law_bonus bonus 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 2000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    templars_major_ch
    }
    }
    templars_major_ch requires factions { england, france, scotland, denmark, hungary, poland, papal_states, milan, sicily, venice, }
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Knights Templar" 1 0.5 4 1 requires factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter knights_templar_disbanded 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Knights Templar" 1 0.5 4 1 requires factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter knights_templar_disbanded 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    law_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 4000
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    templars_hq
    }
    }
    templars_hq requires factions { england, france, scotland, denmark, hungary, poland, papal_states, milan, sicily, venice, }
    {
    convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Knights Templar" 1 0.7 6 2 requires factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter knights_templar_disbanded 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Knights Templar" 1 0.7 6 2 requires factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, } and not event_counter knights_templar_disbanded 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4
    law_bonus bonus 4
    }
    faction_capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 8000
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

Finally, make an event pic named knights_templar_disbanded.tga and copy that pic to all cultures' eventpics folder in the ui folder.

I see. So basically for the export_descr_buildings.txt I just need to add the event with the condition "and not" at the end of the templars...

No need to change the whole thing.

Thanks for your help. Now I just need a good german description for that event. Or I could just translate your text.

PS: About that picture, it seems you used an already present one. Guess I'll find it somewhere in the unpacked data folder. If not I contanct you again...

/edit: Something is wrong. I set the turn number to 2 in order to playtest the event. But every time it crashes. Also for some strange reason the game doesn't convert the historic_events.txt back into a txt.bin.strings file!!

I have no idea why it crashes and there is no specific entry in the system.log, just an "unknown error".

What really bugs me most ist that the game doesn't convert the txt file. It does for some other files I changed, for instance "export_units.txt" butwhy not for "historic_events.txt" now?? :hmmm:

/edit2: GOT IT! *DOH* I don't use the mod switch and therefore the game doesn't convert the language files from txt to strings.bin. Stupid. Now I need a txt --> strings.bin converter...
    Last edited by GODzilla; January 28, 2007 at 06:30 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)

Yes, the pic I used is eventpics/denouncement_playerexecuted.tga.

As you can see, entities are sorted in alphabet order in historic_events.txt. Make sure you insert your lines in the right order, and pay attention to spaces.

it should look like this in historic_events.txt:
    {GUNPOWDER_DISCOVERED_TITLE} A Deadly New Weapon!
    {KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR_DISBANDED_BODY} The Templars were an unusual order in that they were both monks and soldiers, making them in effect some of the earliest "warrior monks" in the Western world. Members of the Order played a key part in many battles of the Crusades, and the Order's infrastructure innovated many financial techniques that could be considered the foundation of modern banking. The Order grew in membership and power throughout Europe, until it ran afoul of King Philip IV of France (Philip the Fair), who caused members in France to be tortured into confessions and burned at the stake. Under influence from King Philip, Pope Clement V then forcibly disbanded the order on Friday 13 October, 1307.
    {MALLEUS_MALEFICARUM_BODY} In these dark times that see the Lord's children under constant exposure to heresy, and in extreme cases, witchcraft, at last we have been armed with the knowledge to drive back and defeat the forces of darkness - the Malleus Maleficarum, meaning, "The Hammer of Witches".\n\nThis tome has immediately been accepted as the definitive instruction set for a trial of heresy, covering everything from detecting witchcraft through to how to forcibly purge a human vessel of sin.
    {MALLEUS_MALEFICARUM_TITLE} The Hammer of Witches'

I didn't tounch historic_events.txt.strings.bin at all.

If you still have CTDs, you can look system.log.txt up for error hints.

Quote Originally Posted by zhumin1978 View Post
    Yes, the pic I used is eventpics/denouncement_playerexecuted.tga.

As you can see, entities are sorted in alphabet order in historic_events.txt. Make sure you insert your lines in the right order, and pay attention to spaces.

it should look like this in historic_events.txt:
    {GUNPOWDER_DISCOVERED_TITLE} A Deadly New Weapon!
    {MALLEUS_MALEFICARUM_BODY} In these dark times that see the Lord's children under constant exposure to heresy, and in extreme cases, witchcraft, at last we have been armed with the knowledge to drive back and defeat the forces of darkness - the Malleus Maleficarum, meaning, "The Hammer of Witches".\n\nThis tome has immediately been accepted as the definitive instruction set for a trial of heresy, covering everything from detecting witchcraft through to how to forcibly purge a human vessel of sin.
    {MALLEUS_MALEFICARUM_TITLE} The Hammer of Witches'

I didn't tounch historic_events.txt.strings.bin at all.

If you still have CTDs, you can look system.log.txt up for error hints.

Well, that's actually not true because historic_events.txt and historic_events.txt.strings.bin are THE SAME FILE.

Normally the game automatically takes the txt files inside the ...\data\text folder and converts them into txt.strings.bin files. This is the format the game uses for the localisation files (don't ask me why though ).

My problem was that I don't use a mod switch. I just have all changed files in my data folder (without having all files unpacked). Having it this way the game does not automatically converts the txt files into txt.strings.bin files.

So I tested some other tools over the evening, for instance the tool M2SBE. The description says that this tool is able to edit strings.bin files directly without the need to convert them first. But it didn't work. My changes to the file always disappeared after I saved and re-opened the file.

Finally, I just took the "easiest" way: I created a mod switch just for the single purpose to convert my text files.

And all this took me over 2 hours...I cannot believe it.

PS: So...yes it works now.
    Last edited by GODzilla; January 28, 2007 at 07:28 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast