Thread: Rome 2: DeI - Lets Getae it on

Icon11 Rome 2: DeI - Lets Getae it on

Lets Getae it On

A Story Driven Lets Play
    [Rome II + DeI]

Greetings, Me Oga

I'm just a dude who recently because of 'global events' found himself with some free time, in an attempt to pretend to be productive I decided to make a lets play.

In the lets play I try to actually role play, I make sub optimal decision based on what I think characters would do in game and also try to give said characters some personality.
    Some examples; Character Backstories, War Councils, Historical Anecdotes, and generally give some in game context to all the 'epic battles'.

Hope someone here finds these worth watching.

My Last Episode;

*A disclaimer though, some of the earlier episodes are technically horrendous lol. I was still getting my setup in order... the mic, the style, ect...
    I did George-Lucased my first episode, but I don't think there is enough demand for me to do so with the other first ones.
    If you consider them unwatchable, skip to the 11th episode, all you missed is the 'backstory' of all the main characters, some dad jokes, and a few fights.
    by the 13th I even get my sound levels sorted.
    Last edited by Oga; April 24, 2021 at 07:54 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Rome 2: DeI - Lets Getae it on

Welcome to the Writers' Study! I enjoyed this, the War Council of 273 BC where you introduce the major characters and their motivations is particularly good! I'm impressed that you're doing so well with the Getae (a fun and challenging faction). You've got me interested in the outcome of the battle against the Catiaroi.

New Episode:

On this Episode:
    Loyalties are Tested

Last edited by Oga; April 13, 2021 at 09:45 AM.

Down with all Spakos impersonators! I like the way that show us the letter when the battle is happening - which explains what happened to Spakos.

The role-playing elements are good, for example when you explain the recruitment of mercenaries as a defection and choose a skill for your general based on role-playing instead of what would provide the best advantage in the game.

There was also a good moment when you recalled the history of those spearmen who suffered cruelly at a gate during a siege battle.

Thanks, your feedback made my day

On this Episode
    Some men find courage to do the Unthinkable

I enjoyed the way that you introduce the different units on both sides before the battle, and their distinctive features and histories. It's a nice detail to hear about the unfortunate armour allergy of some troops and also the fear of pila (aichmophobia?) of one character from a previous battle! The triple cavalry charge at 11:30 looks very effective. Great update!

On this Episode
    We Meet A Nice Old Man

Last edited by Oga; April 13, 2021 at 09:47 AM.

On this Episode;
    We debate about the proper place to defecate

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I enjoyed the way that you introduce the different units on both sides before the battle, and their distinctive features and histories. It's a nice detail to hear about the unfortunate armour allergy of some troops and also the fear of pila (aichmophobia?) of one character from a previous battle! The triple cavalry charge at 11:30 looks very effective. Great update!
    I don't really know how to answer to these, but I really do appreciate your feedback.

On this Episode;
    We Dance With Centaurs

Link to my video form AAR; Lets Getae it on

On this Episode;
    We Replenish For War!

On this Episode;
    We fight in Akink

In episode 26, retreating across the river from the enemy's elite units sounds like a wise move! I was worried when I saw the penalties that applied to your army (such as less ammunition), when the Swift Riders carried out their surprise attack.