Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEI Epirus Legendary Campaign [End]

Default DEI Epirus Legendary Campaign [End]

Hello guys;
    I am a long time TW player, the first series I played was Shogun I. I have many thousands of hours in TW and no less than a thousand playing DEI (the famous Devide et Impera mod for Rome II).
    For me, DEI is what Rome 2 should be. The mod is great, it fixes the game in many ways.
    So recently I heard that Rome 2 got a major update, so I go back to try it.
    I made a let's play playing my all time favourite faction: Epirus, on legendary difficulty; my objective in this campaign is simply defeat the Roman, once I destroyed the Roman, its my victory. I really dont recommend playing DEI on legendary since it would be too harsh (expect much much harder challenge than vanila). But on legendary, I will have a chance of losing, it makes the game much more interesting. To be honest, playing DEI I still cannot win 100% of the times.
    I have had 4 episodes out already. You can check them out here:
    Ep 1: I used Text to Speech software in this episode for commentary so the voice would sound a little bit strange

Ep 2:

Ep 3:

Ep 4:

Play list: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NYfxoio_fXBRij
    As you can tell, I am not a native English speaker, and I am still practicing, so my commentary will not sound very good. I guess I will need some time to improve myself.
    I hope you guys will enjoy this series.
    Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Leminh1988; May 01, 2021 at 12:37 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: DEI Epirus Legendary Campaign

Welcome to the Writers' Study! Your commentary is well done. I like the way that you explain the reasons for your moves and provide useful advice.

It looks like the armies of Epirus are powerful, with their pikes and elephants, but vulnerable to javelins. The battle at the start of #4 looks challenging, as the enemy have so many soldiers including many javelins!
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 29, 2021 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Welcome to the Writers' Study! Your commentary is well done. I like the way that you explain the reasons for your moves and provide useful advice.

It looks like the armies of Epirus are powerful, with their pikes and elephants, but vulnerable to javelins. The battle at the start of #4 looks challenging, as the enemy have so many soldiers including many javelins!
    Yes. The Epirus armies are like the strongest anvil (pikes) combines with the strongest hammer (elephants). But they are very vulnerable to missile based armies like the barbarians with many javelins or the horse archers. So I try to cover that weakness by using light infantry and a lot of cavalry to lure and bait the enemy missile units.
    Last edited by Leminh1988; March 29, 2021 at 03:47 AM.

Hey guys.
    Part 5 is here. In this part, I realized it was not a good idea to take vassal since theyre likely to betray and bite my back. So I decided to get rid of all of them .
    Hope you guys enjoy it. I have a flu so you will hear the coughing sometimes, sorry about that.

Hi guys, new episode is here.
    We have an interesting town defend battle in this one. Hope you guys like it .

Hi guys, episode 7 is here with some more interesting battle vs Athen and Sparta. I hope you guys enjoy it .

Hey guys!
    New episode is here. In this episode, we take Sparta, one step closer to our victory.

Hi guys.
    Episode 9 is out. Hope you guys enjoy it. We have naval battles in this one.
    Also I will take a few days off to take my family on a vacation. See you in the next episode .

Great update! You give commands to your units with impressive speed and decisiveness. The elephant charges from about 11.45 onwards (with a good close-up view) are brutal, as you said.

I wonder if you'd be interested in entering the MAARC. This can be a good way to attract get more people looking at your AAR.

I hope you'll enjoy your vacation.

Thank you very much. I've been on the forum for quite some time but I really dont know about these events . Of course I would love to participate.
    I've just arrived the hotel and my daughter is very excited now. I think it will be a great vacation. Actually it is our first vacation since Covid .

You're welcome, thanks for entering the MAARC and enjoy your vacation!

Hello guys.
    So im back from vacation and here we have episode 10.
    In this episode, the King Pyrrhos lead his army toward Knossos, to get rid of the annoyance. Knossos and Rhodes still dont want to accept the king's generousity and sign the peace treaty, now they will have to face the king's wrath.
    In the homeland, the Roman begins to send it's armies to invade. But they have to face our strong defense.
    Glory will be ours.

That's an impressive sea battle, with useful ideas for tactics (such as ramming a ship which is trying to board one of yours, and sinking the transports carrying slingers first when using a fleet against an army on transports)! As you said, it seems historically appropriate for Epirus to get a Pyrric victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    That's an impressive sea battle, with useful ideas for tactics (such as ramming a ship which is trying to board one of yours, and sinking the transports carrying slingers first when using a fleet against an army on transports)! As you said, it seems historically appropriate for Epirus to get a Pyrric victory.
    Thank you very much for your kind words. It seems that sometimes I was too focus on the gameplay I made very bad commentary. I think I still need a lot of practice .

Hi guys, episode 11 is here.
    In this episode, King Pyrrhos leads his army to siege Knossos.
    The Knossos has half an army, half a fleet and the garrison.
    They have double our men, so they think they could sally out and defeat us on the field, how naive they are.
    They dont know that they have to face the legendary general Pyrrhos who knows no defeat and his elite seasoned soldiers.
    The Knossos brings destruction upon themselves.

Hi guys, another episode is out.
    This time we take out the Rhodes for good.
    I would name this episode: Battle of many mistakes. I even charge my elephants and cavalry in the face of hoplites. Luckily we still managed to win. So we are in very solid position now. Later episodes will be focus on fighting the Roman, our arch enemy.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

nice

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    nice
    Thank you .
    And here we have another episode.
    Not much happened, except my new ally has betrayed 1 turn after I liberated him.
    These guys are never tired of bringing destruction upon their own land.

Hey guys.
    Episode 14 is out.
    In this episode, we destroyed the betrayer and took their city.
    Now our army is marching back to punish the Roman.

Hey guys.
    Ep 15 is here.
    In this episode, we can finally moving north, marching our armies toward Rome to settle the score with them. We will need to take some land on the way, so we can have our base for replenishment or retreat. Our first victim is the Ardiei.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast