Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colonialism 1600AD: world at war

Default Re: Colonialism 1600AD: world at war

I picked an awful moment to try and install this again. Because you edited the Drive as I was half way through.

Do you think that the next time you make an update, with it being some time before a large number of files need to be downloaded again, you could organise things in such a way that you only need to pick one folder? Or if you have a version with and without VDM, have you choose one. Either as a core without either, or just everything you need to play with VDM, or everything you need to play without it.

Sorry, i just didn't notice some problems that should not be after uploading so i had to re-upload again. I don't understand you clearly: what do you mean by picking one folder? Anyway, VDM is buggy and cause crashes and for some reason it cause crash during loading battle at campaign, so now mod without it. I think that most of problems are because i made my modification on the existing files of 1600AD, in the future i will make it on vanilla from zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Danylo View Post
    Sorry, i just didn't notice some problems that should not be after uploading so i had to re-upload again. I don't understand you clearly: what do you mean by picking one folder? Anyway, VDM is buggy and cause crashes and for some reason it cause crash during loading battle at campaign, so now mod without it. I think that most of problems are because i made my modification on the existing files of 1600AD, in the future i will make it on vanilla from zero.

Sorry, I should have made a second past at making that post after smoking.

Right now I find your Google Drive link very confusing. I think I did everything right when installing it. I even made a second attempt from scratch. I would get immediate crashes to desktop and more than half the unit cards were one solid colour and very difficult to use.

Instead I've downloaded the new link from moddb, which has everything I need in one zip file. I can extract the folders inside into Empire, all at once. And I'm not confused anymore.

Do you plan to upload ModDB?

I've already uploaded on ModDb, but there are just Data as it is not possible to upload a link on Google Disc.

Right now I find your Google Drive link very confusing. I think I did everything right when installing it. I even made a second attempt from scratch. I would get immediate crashes to desktop and more than half the unit cards were one solid colour and very difficult to use.
    I suppose, you downloaded only fix? You have to download the Data from the link i've post a bit earlier.

Mod is slightly updated. Many thanks to modder on Discord for enabling unique generals and officers models on stratmap.

I also messed up with one file and instead of increased cost and construction time of buildings you have vanilla stats. If you want save the vanilla cost and time than just don't extract patch2.pack file.

Download.

Extract files into Data. It have to be save-compatible.

Soon there will be much less unorganized filed and mod will be looks like mod and not like chaotic compilation

A little fix that prevent crash on naval battle with Spain as there were no models of Spanish marines.

Download

If you don't play for Spain or its potential naval enemy, than don't download it. Now it is in updated folder.

Last edited by Danylo; August 23, 2021 at 06:53 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks great I will reinstall Empire just for this..
    Sorry is there another download Windows is having a fit about this
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; August 27, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

File is updated, added some new firing systems (whellock, light matchlock, snaphance, early flintlock, late matchlock), the range of muskets are decreased, but the damage increased and many more things.

Download.

All previous files are in "Updated" folder.

File is updated again, fixed some problems. Link is the same.
    Last edited by Danylo; September 01, 2021 at 02:51 AM.

Thank you for reupload, though some reason I am having issues installing

Some new units. Swedish musketeers of the late period of Thirty years' war

And Colonial musketeers of the New Sweden

I also remade Bavarian horse grenadiers

And slightly changed Coldstream Guard grenadiers, by adding them historical hats.

More units (like completely remade Austrian early grenadier) are on Discord channel.

Cool looking good.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Danylo View Post
    Some new units. Swedish musketeers of the late period of Thirty years' war

And Colonial musketeers of the New Sweden

I also remade Bavarian horse grenadiers

And slightly changed Coldstream Guard grenadiers, by adding them historical hats.

More units (like completely remade Austrian early grenadier) are on Discord channel.
    I really like that grenadier texture and model.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Work on units is paused a little bit because i decided to fix campaign bugs and start from the beginning. Now the rebellion in Bohemia and Silesia will start at the beginning of campaign and there will be an English, French and Spanish colonial companies as playable protectorates, but also an option without these companies. And the crash after attacking Sarajevo is fixed, at least for the time being. There is also a big chance to make historical formations for the armies. One man offered help and managed to make some kind of Austrian tericos of the 1640s.

The problem is that AI start to fall out of the formation at close ranges, but he is working on this and also he will make other formations for different factions.
    Last edited by Danylo; September 17, 2021 at 06:24 AM.

[COLOR=var(--text-normal)]Unfortunately, crash on Bosnia didn't resolved, so i continued working on units.

I've also started to think about mod on Napoleon as working on campaign in ETW doesn't make sense until crash will be fixed.
    [/COLOR]

I've updated link for the mod. There are no anything new, but now updated and fixed files in one folder with main mod.

Is a new update coming soon, just asking cause if yes, so I don't start a new camp.

No, the update won't be soon, because there is unsolved bug that may cause crash. I will continue doing units and step by step will be making mod on Napoleon.

Why does "Bawdyhouse" building, convert people to Sikhism? I don't get it.

EDIT:

I built a church school in settlement of Narva, but it keeps reverting to the "default" settlement state, I guess that's a bug?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 25, 2021 at 01:39 PM.

So the CA.I seems to be very passive, to the point of being dead, I've noticed that nothing is really happening in the campaign, only in early game Russia kinda wanted some trouble, and I got a invasion out of nowhere from Savoy, but other than that, nothing. Everybody wants to be friends with me, and more importantly it seems like the AI factions are not fighting really.

For example, here the Ottomans took one settlement from Poland.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And after that nothing, Poland sent two armies and they just raided and nobody does anything. I almost want to say that at some point its as if the game just "stopped" as if the CAI worked and something broke it and now its supper passive.

EDIT: Also for some reason, New Sweden started recruiting cannons on its own.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 26, 2021 at 05:29 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast