Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colonialism 1600AD: world at war

Default Re: Colonialism 1600AD: world at war

Here you go some screenshots of re-modeled and re-textured units.
    Some of them are still not good enough for me, so i will continue working on their imrovements.

Is yoiur upload at MOD database the latest version? So I learned at the imperial splendour mod you don't have to overwrite any vanilla files, let me know when that's done. What an interesting period, the 17th century. SHame this mod has fizzled out so much besides you. Maybe you can contact Geronimo and share ideas and progress?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

I'm continue working on units and made some improvement of previous units and also changed new ones.

Some brand new units for the late era - Late Musketeers of Austria, Netherlands and some kind of Guard Musketeers. I've also made generic Late Musketeers for European factions.

Basically, most of European infantry from the late 17th century looked like these units, so i will make late infantry on this basis with some variations of hats, faces and cuffs.

I don't know if someone play this mod, but i strongly need person, who could help with startpos.
    Also, some new screenshots and new units.

I will probably upload my updated version soon.

Hey, this is all looking great. You can do an all inclusive upload at MOD DB and than small patches after that by editing your original post. Do you have RAR? And luckily I'm almost done with my current game, its 1798. I can one day try this mod out and bug hunt. And one word of advice, try to focus on bugs and a smooth game. New units can come second. And try to check if current units unit stats are adjusted correctly to mimick their performance in real life. New units can come second! And one question, will this overwrite any vanilla files? The folks at Imperial Splendour told me that their mod doens't so its' possible to not overwrite vanilla files and corrupt the base game install

This mod is already on ModDb, i upload the updates simultaneously on both sites - https://www.moddb.com/mods/coloniali...d-world-at-war
    The mod overwrites some vanilla files, but i don't remember witch exactly, so better make reserve copy.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Looks great. I look forward to trying this out.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Sounds good you two working together, such an interesting era and i wonder what the americas look like. Maybe Geronimo you can figure out how not to overwrite any vanilla files as to not compromise the vanilla install? Imperial Splendour says it's possible not to overwrite

Some more re-modeled units.

And one of some new interesting animations.

This tactic was probably used by Polish infantry in the middle century.

I've created a Discord server and channel, where will be more news, new screens and other stuff. I'm now testing it, but you can join now: https://discord.gg/ggpPumKp

So excited for this mod!

Why some Indian Units don't have body model, just only weapon enable. Is this an error or just a incomplete part of the mod??

Why some Indian Units don't have body model, just only weapon enable. Is this an error or just a incomplete part of the mod??

It's from units mods for some Eastern factions, so it is error with from them. I didn't develop Eastern faction, just putted there more units. I will work on them after i'll finish European factions.

Mod is updated.
    -About half of units are re-modelled and re-texured:
    -Added few new units;
    -Decreased maximum amount of recruitment;
    -Fixed some stats, elite units are more strong, decreased marksmanship and range of muskets;
    -Added some mew animations by Marlboro TheMan. More interesting videos about Empire Total War (there are couple videos with animations that i've integrated into mod) are on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzf...u1NOIx7GeXklOA
    -Many minor fixes

Download

There is folder "Without VDM" - you can download folder "campaign" and put it into Data if you don't want to play with VDM. It also can decrease risk of crash. Drive.google.com

These are the new animations, and there are more in the mod.

Many more screenshots are on ModDb page https://www.moddb.com/mods/coloniali...d-world-at-war and Discord https://discord.gg/PqxwrghW

Great job!

For some reason game crash during loading a battle with some units that worked literally yesterday, so don't download the mod yet. And i really need people who can edit startpos and fix problems.

Those, who downloaded mod today or yesterday, here is fix Drive.google.com just put all files into Data. Others can download updated mod from the same link.

Sorry that i so disorganized. Another update for those who downloaded yesterday or today. See below (point with main mod you skip).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XO0pbCPKUxzcvOznyfp6yy7LpdxVIyK0?usp=sharing

Main mod is Data. You have to extract files from Data folder to Data of the ETW, or just whole folder Data into game's main directory (not into Data).
    Additional content is unnecessary sub-mods for smoke, sound, UI for 40 units, bigger deployment zones etc.
    Fix is for those who downloaded mod yesterday or today's morning.
    Put files into Data.Updated is the last update with some fixes. Better to install it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast