Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rome Total Realism Remastered!

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Remastered!

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Hello all! Some news before Thursday.

We have formed a new team with former members of RTR VII, RTR8 and Roma Surrectum 2. There is a lot to figure out but we have a good idea of what we want to achieve and a great team to do it! If anyone wants to join, please PM me.
    Yes some of us oldies are back doing things again and hopefully bringing the best bits of RS2/3 and RTR together

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Yes some of us oldies are back doing things again and hopefully bringing the best bits of RS2/3 and RTR together
    *rubs hands in glee* Can't wait to get the best of all the worlds on remastered! I stopped playing TW because I kept having to use the d3d8 fix which kept giving me block grass textures on field battles. I remember earlier I looked over at Europa Barborum and brought the units in my previous RTRE up to EB standards. Battles were tough but fair - I learned EB was meant to be played on normal, not very hard (as I had it).

Anyway, more power to you guys!

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

...and a "teaser" version is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIOk...hannel=GudeaTW

Great job guys as this mod is exactly what I was hoping for!
    "Après moi le déluge"

Thanks for the well wishes! If you'd like to help out please visit the discord!

https://discord.gg/RYXKjYsDYP

I just hope it's a bit less Roman-centric than RS2/3 but starting at the same date would be interesting.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes! If you'd like to help out please visit the discord!

https://discord.gg/RYXKjYsDYP
    The invitation link has expired. Can you make a new one?
    I believe Discord has the option to make an invite last indefinitely so you won't have to manually create a link every time someone new wishes to join the server.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

It's almost like we've come full circle. Rome Total War glorified the Romans and made barbarian tribes look like complete garbage. Then came along mods like Europa Barbarorum that almost ignored the Romans in favor of making Celts look like the rock stars and chads of the ancient world. This led to later TW games like Rome 2 and Attila that made the Romans barely able to survive in campaigns. Now we have RTW Remastered that shows the Romans in their full, conquering glory but the barbarians are again bland and boring.

RTR has always been the best of both worlds - a powerful Roman faction alongside barbarian tribes that are fleshed out and interesting. Really looking forward to this!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

It's great to see the interest in updating RTR to the new RTW Remastered engine. I've acquired a Steam copy of it and look forward to seeing RTR on the new RTW game engine.
    Marcus Camillus

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good luck with the mod, guys. RTR has always been a source of fond memories for me.

will you port the RTR VII to the remasterd version? That would be awesome, with bigger map and much more regions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12