Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Remastered!

Default Rome Total Realism Remastered!

Hello everyone!

Maybe you heard the news and have come back to TWC after years of being gone. Maybe you moved on to other TW titles and are now back to the nostalgia of years past, and maybe you are brand new to TW or RTW!

Regardless, a mod team has been gathered and Rome Total Realism (RTR) WILL be a mod for RTW Remastered. A team is already gathering and we are planning on a first release based off the information given to us up until release. We are hoping to get as much info as possible so we know exactly what we can and cannot do once we have the files available to us.

If you are a former RTR member or if you have 2D or 3D artist abilities, please PM me and we can get you over to our workspace.

For the rest of you, stay tuned to this thread, and I will try to be active enough here to give you updates!

We, like the rest of the RTW fan base cannot wait for April 29th and will do our very best to make the best mod possible for you!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Remastered!

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Maybe you heard the news and have come back to TWC after years of being gone. Maybe you moved on to other TW titles and are now back to the nostalgia of years past, and maybe you are brand new to TW or RTW!

Regardless, a mod team has been gathered and Rome Total Realism (RTR) WILL be a mod for RTW Remastered. A team is already gathering and we are planning on a first release based off the information given to us up until release. We are hoping to get as much info as possible so we know exactly what we can and cannot do once we have the files available to us.

If you are a former RTR member or if you have 2D or 3D artist abilities, please PM me and we can get you over to our workspace.

For the rest of you, stay tuned to this thread, and I will try to be active enough here to give you updates!

We, like the rest of the RTW fan base cannot wait for April 29th and will do our very best to make the best mod possible for you!
    I've been skeptical if there'd be moders ready for the endeavour with moding the RTW:R, so your declaration is a great news! I keep my fingers crossed!
    JoC

yes, the first birds and we hope to see more! RTR is a classic and this is the best TW news I've heard in a long time.

thanks a lot ahow11 and the team, will be keenly awaiting updates and news.

It has been a while since I last time browsed RTW mod forums or even TWC... Glad to hear that RTR is also getting remastered. Best of luck in your endeavor, can't wait to play RTR again. Hope RTW Remastered will bring back the glorious days of total war modding. Looking forward to see more updates and news about the project

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This is great news, I'm looking forward to the release of the new RTR Remastered!

Domesticus

Hello everyone!

My first Total War was Rome Total War.

I am glad that you are organizing to modify the Remastered version.

I hope it is as editable as the 2004 version.

I was curious if these total 38 playable factions are divided into 3 different campaigns or is there the possibility of having up to 38 playable factions in the same campaign?

Of course these 38 factions are divided into 3 different games. Also 16 additional factions are former "non-playable" factions.

Played RTR 6.0, EB, RS ect ect back in the glory days of TW. Admittedly left TW after Rome 2 (but still played RTW 1 and RTR 8) and moved to Imperator Rome and Paradox. I can't wait for Rome Remastered and back to that nostalgia feeling with RTR Remastered being one of those mods again

Hopefully older limits are no more. There's no reason for them to stay, but if they are still there we can try asking Feral Interactive to lift them. They are much more responsive than CA, so there's hope.

Best news in a long time. Can't wait to see that happening!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Amazing news, this is all I could think about when I heard the news of the new game. Thank you!

While working on this, may I ask that the development be in github (or similar) so that it would be easier to collaborate on maintenance and bug fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by endymon View Post
    While working on this, may I ask that the development be in github (or similar) so that it would be easier to collaborate on maintenance and bug fixes?
    We are working through Git, yes. PM me if you’re interested in helping.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Good luck and wish you all the best!!!

Whoo!
    Getting the band back together!

Good luck guys.

Thanks! We are still on the lookout for artists if anyone would like to help in that department let me know!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome to hear! I hope we'll see something more akin to an updated RTR Platinum!
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Ooooh... This is excellent news.

Do we know anything about the scripting language?

Might have to jump back on the QA wagon, too...

An updated RTR Platinum would be insane, especially with the news of the lift hard limits on factions and settlements

Hello all! Some news before Thursday.

We have formed a new team with former members of RTR VII, RTR8 and Roma Surrectum 2. There is a lot to figure out but we have a good idea of what we want to achieve and a great team to do it! If anyone wants to join, please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast