Thread: Modding a Capture Zone please Help

Default Modding a Capture Zone please Help

Hello everyone,

Me and a friend are modding this game since now 2 months,

- we ve done a new map
    - we ve been mainly trying to make a very realism mod, inspired by Masters of Europe and Napoleon Total war 3, 2 greats mods with lots of good idea,

we ve been working on the NTW3 balance system, by changing first the rotation speed wich is insanly high in this mod, and despite great uniforms and other mechanics it make this mod very arcadish and what we want is people to assume their position on the battlefield.

The problem we have is that this mod focus in a building capture system wich is Hardcoded and completely bugged,
    - all what we did to make a great synergy with the lower rotation speed we introduced make this system even more bugged than before. But we really like the idea of killing the deathmatch system and making the game an Objectiv based game in wich victory comes by securing strategical point.

We suggested to NTW3 modding team to try to implement the Capture zone system that does exist in Siege Battle since Vanilla. But they are very attached to the building capture system,

My question is : DOES SOMEBODY KNOW WHERE and WHAT is this FLAG zone we find in the middle of the fortresse of Siege battle in the files of the game, and how to implement it?

Our version of the game bring a very realistic approach to it , forcing people to play their army deeply and forcing them to assume any position they take on the battlefield,
    but without this Flag capture system this version is gonna stay bad because the Army holding the building first has a massiv advantage (even more than in classic NTW3)

Please Help Us, we ve been searching in many forums but it seems to be the first time somebody want to touch this specific aspect on NTW

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Modding a Capture Zone please Help

You do not have permission to use our NTW3 mod data We suggest you work on developing your own mod

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Modding a Capture Zone please Help

The question here is what ypu mean by "inspired". Does it mean you are using the mods as a base and modify it, then Lord Davn warning is relevent, or that it gave you motivation to make your own mod?

I didn't really work on battle map, so I couldn't help much with this specific question?