Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forts as Minor Settlements - Recruitment Inside Forts - Income From Forts - Named Forts

Default Re: Forts as Minor Settlements - Recruitment Inside Forts - Income From Forts - Named Forts

I think I'll definitely try and implement this!

I have a large map I'm working on at the moment and would love a few extra 'settlements' to flesh out the landscape.

Does anyone know if something similar could be attempted with ports, and making them into 'minor settlements' too?

*edit; I wouldn't actually care so much for recruiting additional units from a port btw, just the ability to have the port display an actual location name (eg London_Region being able to display the name of it's port as 'Dover' or some such) and maybe generate a small income (as customs/taxes)
    Last edited by vikingchild; June 23, 2022 at 11:29 AM.

Default Re: Forts as Minor Settlements - Recruitment Inside Forts - Income From Forts - Named Forts

There is no port info scroll, so Jadli's mercenary system wouldn't work for ports. You could probably get an invisible witch/princess/etc. onto a port tile somehow but she would get bumped off to an adjacent tile if someone else moves onto the port, she would also be selectable on the map, so you'd need a completely different naming system. You could try adding forts on port tiles but I'm fairly sure that will just throw an error.

So ya, basically none of the methods in this thread apply to ports.

I just stumbled upon this thread, I have a working garrison for forts that replenish if destroyed. I think you may find interesting. It pretty much acts like minor settlements providing money with scripted garrisons. There all over my map I also made different types of forts that look like cities or some like stone forts. Not sure if anyone still interested a year later but mod is A Medieval Mod: 1191 build 3 file - Mod DB hit me up if have any questions.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Og really? Wasnt aware its possible to add troops into forts. Will check that out

the easiest way to see how it works is to choose poland they start with an empty fort Brno that gets filled after you end turn.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Okay checked it out (after finally being able to finish the hefty download), very nice work there!

So you dont actually spawn units/generals directly into a fort in some way (as thats not possible hence I was surprised), but next to it, and then use the "move" commands to let the garrison general walk inside it, then he gets his anc that takes away his mp and grants income. This happens when the fort(=tile) is empty and it spawns for the region owner... vere good thinking here, didnt realise that when using the "move" command the character actually walks instead of just being teleported (the 3 move commands - "move", "reposition_character" and "move_character" are kinda confusing).

I assume you would still find the content of this guide useful to your mod, as you could also add recruitment to the forts when the garrison general is present in them for example

The majority of the script was by dots and their team, when I applied it do my mod it didnt work properly and would spawn generals continuously if that fort was attacked or just had some varied bugs. I ajusted it to work how it was does now to alleviate those problems. But yes your recruitment in forts will come in handy if I get around to that as well.

Default Re: Recruitment Inside Forts - Forts as Semi/Minor Settlements

I would like to ask, what exactly should the script look like if I want a fortress without naming and without recruiting only with the possibility of income?

I posted a script here that shows how king's purse can be repurposed to monetize forts. There is a discussion of various alternatives in the comments that follow. You can simply ignore the parts about using witches to name the forts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12