Thread: Rome Total War Remastered - Is there support for this mod being adapted to the remaster?

Icon6 Rome Total War Remastered - Is there support for this mod being adapted to the remaster?

I just heard that Rome Total War remastered is releasing on April 29th, and my first thought was about all the modding potential. I thought I would see if there is anyone still out there who would be interested in an version of SPQR TW adapted to the new release, or at least see if LT is still active and get his take on the news. Anyways one can dream!

Default Re: Rome Total War Remastered - Is there support for this mod being adapted to the remaster?

I will be checking this forum every day, maybe we are lucky enough to see a new SPQR Mod for the remastered version

Default Re: Rome Total War Remastered - Is there support for this mod being adapted to the remaster?

I hate steam, but it may be possible. Its one of the few steam games I would buy, but don;t expect the graphics to change, I would only be doing the Mechanics as needed. I hope the fixed the Forts and maybe sea battles.

I haven't been able to find out much about the game or how big the armies etc. I am watching though.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

I came back on this forum just to say after finishing a Julii campaign in the Remastered, I was absolutely sorely missing SPQR. I played back in the 6.4 and 8.0 days and I would love for this mod to come to the Remaster.

Just curious, what needed to be fixed with Forts and sea battles?

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956 View Post
    I hate steam, but it may be possible. Its one of the few steam games I would buy, but don;t expect the graphics to change, I would only be doing the Mechanics as needed. I hope the fixed the Forts and maybe sea battles.

I haven't been able to find out much about the game or how big the armies etc. I am watching though.
    Hello LT, hope you are well.
    Just came to check your position on this matter and glad to see "there is hope"
    I will check back again later, fingers crossed.
    Thanks

After finishing a Julii run in the remastered version as well, I have to say I am not the biggest fan as it stands so far. Something about the battle audio, the sound effects of the melee combat as well as the swoosh of Pila or arrows overhead seems largely reduced or non-existent for some reason. Also the UI is in my opinion horrendous. I feel like I can barely read anything and unit cards and controlling formations in battle is more laborious for me. I actually started a new SPQR TW 9.0 campaign and have been enjoying that while I wait for the remastered to get improved, because honestly I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. The Original RTW from 2004 for me runs smoother, loads faster and the battles are way more satisfying to experience despite the age of the game.

An SPQR TW mod for the remaster would surely be an improvement upon vanilla but I am not sure if the current form of the game is that polished.

Yes, I agree. I was checking reviews and it seems CA dropped the ball on many options that could have been added. It seems just like a cash cow thing, what is more insulting is making it a Windows 10 game. To take an old engine and force and new OS is just something else, personally I FEEL sorry for everyone who spent money on it.

RTR team was working on a modded .exe for the original RTW that would allow more men per unit, but they haven't released it. As it stands now I have NO PLANS to make a SPQR more for the remaster, it seems a waste of time to me for what one would get. I too seen videos of the UI and I hate it also.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Yeah I definitely regret falling for the hype. That is very interesting about the RTR team making a modded exe file. I understand your decision completely, I don't feel like it would be worth the sheer amount of effort now that thing shave died down so rapidly.