Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts on the Total War Remaster

Default Re: Thoughts on the Total War Remaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    i actually tried to install W10 and spent almost 3 days fine-tuning it and debloating after upgrading from W7. but whatever i did, its just was not the same and i could never make it work as fast and smoothly as my W7. so i basically had little choice but to revert back to the latter in the end. it was either that or being tortured every time i used my previously perfectly operational mid-range PC. and i still receive daily updates to my Microsoft Security Essential, so it isnt entirely true that W7 isnt supported.

funnily enough, for Remastered is not only W7 that isnt supported, but some versions of W10 as well. its a joke.
    Funny, I had the opposite experience. I used Win10 since it was still in testing phase, and I loved it. Win7 never worked properly, and was always slow, but I think it crashed the least.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No complex scripting, like that offered by M2TW.
    I wanted to try my hand at spiritual successor for Remastered, would I just waste time? Can I at least squeeze in governments equivalent, colonies, AOR, and reforms?

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-rome-remastered-patch-202-notes/

Increased Limits

A number of files have had their limits raised from their original limitations to become virtually unlimited*. The highest profile increases are to the following files:

• Units (prev max 500)
    • Map Regions (prev max 500)
    • Resources (prev max 21)

*allows for a theoretical maximum of 4,294,967,296 entries. For a complete list of files refer to the modding documentation.

Finally a step towards supporting mods.
    Last edited by Hellenikon; July 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM.

so the unit cap is in the millions now? am i understanding that correctly?

Awesome! Some original RTW mods had to cut corners or search for workarounds due to the unit cap (RSII had this entire file system in place to replace EDU and related files for different campaigns). Now that the cap is gone modders can go HAM on conceptualizing units

What do the devs think of the new patch, I noticed there was some scripting additions to the remaster. Better than Med 2?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234