Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Total War Remaster

Default Re: Thoughts on the Total War Remaster

I like that they are changing the campaign map AI so it would finally use the ships to transfer armies across the seas.

Quote Originally Posted by rioru View Post
    I like that they are changing the campaign map AI so it would finally use the ships to transfer armies across the seas.
    Not so great if it's just the CAI from Barbarian Invasions, whereby everyone on the same body of water as you will invade for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Really you think the oversaturated campaign map and the Rome 2 UI look great?
    agreed, it looked too much for me as well but luckily they dealt with it already. its called vibrancy in the settings, check out Havoc's video

Shame you guys dont have enough manpower for the porting over. The remaster honestly sounds pretty good, increased faction cap, increased settlements, campaign map moddable, better campaign AI.

Quote Originally Posted by sashar View Post
    Shame you guys dont have enough manpower for the porting over. The remaster honestly sounds pretty good, increased faction cap, increased settlements, campaign map moddable, better campaign AI.
    No complex scripting, like that offered by M2TW.

if Remastered sales well, there might be Med2 Remastered at some point imho, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    if Remastered sales well, there might be Med2 Remastered at some point imho, so fingers crossed.
    +1

I would really love to have more provinces, units and factions but without losing the complex scripting.

Well, the Rome Remastered is out and I gave it a good, honest look since I was pretty excited about it. Aaaand.... Feral has done incredible update work, but it made me remember what vanilla RTW really felt like and I just can't.

It's also made me appreciate EB2 and the hard work done on it all the more, so I'm going to reinstall Med 2 and check out 2.35a!

This is my first time agreeing with IGN on a rating for a game. It is a 7/10. Yes, there are improvements, but I want more improvements. I want better pathfinding, 40 unit armies, even higher faction cap, a line of sight system on the battle map and better diplomacy. I've read somewhere that Feral is looking to increase the faction cap even further, so that brings it up to a 7.5, but with better pathfinding (as in, I want sieges to be playable on Extreme unit scale), the game would be an 8/10. Additionally, bring back the older cameras, general cam was one of the most interesting things ever put in an RTS game and with a line of sight system, one could probs roleplay really well with it.

Genava's Avatar Senator

If the limit to the number of factions is still 31, then I don't really see the benefits in regard to M2TW...
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    If the limit to the number of factions is still 31, then I don't really see the benefits in regard to M2TW...
    Agreed, right now the main benefit would be for historical battles, custom battles or multiplayer.

does it run on W7?

The old RTW sea battle mod has been ported
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCIXaeX-uak

Started it up, started a Seleucid campaign, saw the maps, the units and egypt. Instantly closed it and went back to EB2. I thought I knew what I was getting into but really just saw myself wishing to play my Carthage campaign the entire time.

does it run on W7?
    I was curious myself, it's seems to be Windows 10 only (according to some players' feedback + official requirements)

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    I was curious myself, it's seems to be Windows 10 only (according to some players' feedback + official requirements)
    Unbelievable... Was not gonna buy for obvious reasons, but the "harassment" to Windows 7 users has started...

By the way, saw in a video that the pathfinding is really broken (especially in cities), so beware before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty_29 View Post
    Started it up, started a Seleucid campaign, saw the maps, the units and egypt. Instantly closed it and went back to EB2. I thought I knew what I was getting into but really just saw myself wishing to play my Carthage campaign the entire time.
    I had a go at RTW remaster, it was refreshing and all, but once you get hooked on to EB2, there is no going back to regular old vanilla (Unless RS or EB for RTW Remastered comes out then I will promptly ignore the former) . That much I can agree on, the pure immersion that EB2 offers is too much to give up...

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Unbelievable... Was not gonna buy for obvious reasons, but the "harassment" to Windows 7 users has started...
    wtf is wrong with some people? why bashing someone for using the OS they prefer? all it does is give licence to lazy/incompetent devs. why bother if whatever they do will be defended by a bunch of loud 'useful idiots' that have noting better to do, it seems?
    RTW is an old game, it is not a remake they say, it is remaster. so why on earth does it not run on older OS?

wtf is wrong with some people? why bashing someone for using the OS they prefer? all it does is give licence to lazy/incompetent devs. why bother if whatever they do will be defended by a bunch of loud 'useful idiots' that have noting better to do, it seems?
    RTW is an old game, it is not a remake they say, it is remaster. so why on earth does it not run on older OS?
    Well, it started when Intel newer CPUs (Skylake onwards, if I correctly recall) hinder as much as possible the installation of Windows 7 OS, that most people gave up and resigned/accepted Windows 10 as mandatory. And when asking in forums for help in order to install Windows 7, most were just replying: "Install Windows 10, why bother...". I had to do wonders in order to install Windows 7 on Skylake (coming from a Pentium IV, so imagine the upgrade), so I'm simply not gonna go for Windows 10 despite how much "harrassment" Microsoft and their "colleagues" want to accomplish.

Yes, exactly, why force anybody to install a particular OS to play a game, specially an old one? Ok, back in the day Windows/Linux gaming differences, more understandable, but it just points out clearly that Windows 7 was "too good" in terms of Microsoft standards that newer Microsoft OS cannot overcome it. So, as most people were not coming to Windows 10 despite it was free at the beginning, Microsoft simply had to boycott its own successful product... And later we see how Windows 10 is focused on collecting data from users and leaving them with far less control over their machines.

Sorry, off-topic, but the level of shameless...
    Last edited by jdofo; May 02, 2021 at 11:30 AM.

i actually tried to install W10 and spent almost 3 days fine-tuning it and debloating after upgrading from W7. but whatever i did, its just was not the same and i could never make it work as fast and smoothly as my W7. so i basically had little choice but to revert back to the latter in the end. it was either that or being tortured every time i used my previously perfectly operational mid-range PC. and i still receive daily updates to my Microsoft Security Essential, so it isnt entirely true that W7 isnt supported.

funnily enough, for Remastered is not only W7 that isnt supported, but some versions of W10 as well. its a joke.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast