Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Roma Surrectum Remastered?

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Remastered?

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I was shocked when all of a sudden one day I saw a video on YouTube explaining the news that Rome Total War had been re-mastered. My first thought was, "Thanks, but we wanted that about 8 or 9 years ago!" Still, my love for this old game got the best of me, and I got sucked into thinking about it again. A few years ago my data drive on which I had EVERYTHING.....all the research, files, historical data, graphics, units etc. gave up the ghost with a loud 'beeeeeep!', and there was nothing I could do to save it. Fortunately, I had various backups of a lot of stuff in other places, but a lot was lost. To be quite blunt, I gave up modding RS3 because of a lot of personal RL issues and in particular, my slowly failing eyesight. I just couldn't work on this as much as I could before, and it seemed that interest in RTW and RS were dying anyway. Sorry I just seemed to disappear. Sometimes things happen, and that's just the way it is.

I am going to get the Remaster and have a look at it. I know the guts and workings of this game so well that a good look at what they did might well tell me what can and cannot be done.

As far as forming another team to port this mod into the new engine, whomever wishes to do that....you have my blessing and support. This mod was a 'labor of love' for us, I guess you'd say, and it would be wonderful to see some new life pumped into it. I was personally most impressed and awed by the units that Tone created...they are works of art that I don't think are surpassed anywhere in the RTW world. I know how much work he put into them, and I was always honored and grateful to have him as my partner in this effort.

So have at it people....let the younger generation show what they can do!
    Great to know you are still around, my friend.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

One thing I would ask.
    Whilst I tolerate Steam I really do not like the way it does things.
    If there had been a GOG option for purchase of Rome Remastered I certainly would have gone for that.
    Please would folk ensure that any mod publications are available elsewhere than Steam 'Subscription'?
    I'm thinking Nexus or ModdB?
    Thanks.

I just created a few days ago the ModDB page for Total War: ROME REMASTERED because it seems no one have done it yet. I really encourage everyone to create Mod profiles and use ModDB as it is very reliable, fast, has a great audience and keeps downloads like forever. In my opinion the only good thing about the Steam Workshop is it is really good for keeping the mods updated automatically. Otherwise it's a real mess.

https://www.moddb.com/games/total-war-rome-remastered

You can also follow the new RTR: Roma Surrectum mod page I created: https://www.moddb.com/mods/rtr-imperium-surrectum. The mod is developed by former members of RTR and RS, with some new blood.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Good news.

Thanks a lot.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    Good news.

Thanks a lot.

How do you play RIS teaser? All I get is the vanilla game. Looking forward to this full mod when its out. Iam subscribe on STEAM.

You have to activate it through the mod launcher when launching the game.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    Started playing with the vanilla release - the graphics upgrades for the environment is really nice (buildings, trees, people, etc.)
    Could make it easier for the team to focus on other areas to super charge the rest of the components.
    Agreed .. only a quick few turns and a couple of battles and its looking good, although I haven't checked the buildings and could they be improved to be more realistic ? Performance was pretty sweet too.. no lag or stuttering.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    You have to activate it through the mod launcher when launching the game.
    I can't get it to work Ive tried several times. I go to the launcher and click on the box next to the RIS and I hit play. I hit new game and I keep getting the vanilla menue showing all three factions and the SENATE. What am I doing wrong? Thanks inadvace.

I forgot how cluncky the base game is compared to RS and how RS improved into basically something new.
    Last edited by TTRouble; May 05, 2021 at 03:38 AM.

To me RS was already a great overhaul of the game. All the base game need was upgraded animations, better ai, more factions, more regions and more ram. Well at least those are the main things that I wanted the most in my opinion.
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234