Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Remastered?

Cell7's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Roma Surrectum Remastered?

Rome Remastered was announced for a release date on April 29th. Does the modding team have any plans on porting Roma Surrectum over for the new remastered engine?
    Marcus Flavius Aqulia, Fourth Cohort of Gauls, Second Legion.

Mithras, Lord of Light, help me not bring misfortune to my legion.
    Mithras, Father of our Fathers, accept what sacrifice that I may not bring misfortune to my legion!

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Remastered?

Please port this over to the new Rome Remastered!!!

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

This was exactly the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the announcement! And the game will have full modding support on Steam so I really hope Rome Surrectum will re-emerge a the number 1 mod

I just posted a similar question to the SPQR TW forum. Roma Surrectum and SPQR TW are by far my favorite mods for RTW, I have 1000s of hours in these mods, and my first thought about the remaster was what could be done with the mods!? Either way, super pumped to see how the modding community responds.

Cell7's Avatar Libertus

Same with me, the first thing that popped in my head was Roma Surrectum. I believe I played this mod more than vanilla Rome.
    Marcus Flavius Aqulia, Fourth Cohort of Gauls, Second Legion.

Mithras, Lord of Light, help me not bring misfortune to my legion.
    Mithras, Father of our Fathers, accept what sacrifice that I may not bring misfortune to my legion!

Came here to open this thread, so glad we are all thinking the same. +1 for RS and EB and RTH

dvk901!!!!!!!!!!, PLEASE ANSWER US!!! ahah. Oh man, the hype is real, a Roma Surrectum III on the new Rome Total War Remaster = orgasm.

Senator

So you people are aware that there hasn't been any work on RS in years and that there is no team to port it?And that we don't even know if it possible to easily port mods?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Cell7's Avatar Libertus

Roma Surrectum 3.1 was released in Nov 2020 on Moddb. Someone's gotta be working on it, no? Apparently it will be as moddable as the first Rome but with pre-rendered textures. I'm sure porting over a mod though will be a whole different obstacle to tackle. But IF it is possible will it be done is the question at hand.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I'm sorry guys but RS is not modfoldered and it would be extremely difficult to port if not impossible, it would probably need to be remade., afaik dvk901 and the RS team have all retired now and it would need the assembly of a new team.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I'm sure the modding community of this game will get a second wind after this announcement, but it will probably take a while before we see something as grand as RS3 coming to fruition in the remastered version.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I'm sorry guys but RS is not modfoldered and it would be extremely difficult to port if not impossible, it would probably need to be remade., afaik dvk901 and the RS team have all retired now and it would need the assembly of a new team.
    Yes, DVK hasn't been active for a while and I've not done any modding since 2012. I think I've still got most of the old textures I created in GIMP, or else TGA files that either Leif Erikson, Pacco or I (most of the people involved in skins graphics) created. I've no idea how easy it will be to mod. I'm not likely to get involved in any modding but happy to share any files that could be helpful for others.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Yes, DVK hasn't been active for a while and I've not done any modding since 2012. I think I've still got most of the old textures I created in GIMP, or else TGA files that either Leif Erikson, Pacco or I (most of the people involved in skins graphics) created. I've no idea how easy it will be to mod. I'm not likely to get involved in any modding but happy to share any files that could be helpful for others.
    It's been pretty funny seeing people talk about porting mods like it's as simple as dumping files into the remaster, without considering most of that generation of modders retired a decade (or more) ago.

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    It's been pretty funny seeing people talk about porting mods like it's as simple as dumping files into the remaster, without considering most of that generation of modders retired a decade (or more) ago.
    I think some folks forget how long ago the heyday of RTW modding actually was, and that some of those modders may not even be with us any more.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Basically a new team has to be formed from scratch to make RS IV. But porting over RS III into Rome Remastered is likely to be much easier than actually building the entire mod from scratch. For instance, most of the mod design elements are already there. And assuming the scripts for RS III will work for Rome Remastered, that's a lot of time saved.

In addition, most of the skins and texture files are already there. So you don't need to create new skins from scratch unless there's some issues with the newer models.

It's not going to be as easy as simply dumpling all the RSIII files into Rome Remastered, but if the old modders are happy to allow the creation of a successor team in porting over the mod, it is far easier than creating an entire mod from scratch.

It would be special experience to play RS remastered and I hope it will happen.

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

Id be so excited if this could happen. RS plus a couple qol improvements of the newer series would make me so happy

Quote Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
    Basically a new team has to be formed from scratch to make RS IV. But porting over RS III into Rome Remastered is likely to be much easier than actually building the entire mod from scratch. For instance, most of the mod design elements are already there. And assuming the scripts for RS III will work for Rome Remastered, that's a lot of time saved.

In addition, most of the skins and texture files are already there. So you don't need to create new skins from scratch unless there's some issues with the newer models.

It's not going to be as easy as simply dumpling all the RSIII files into Rome Remastered, but if the old modders are happy to allow the creation of a successor team in porting over the mod, it is far easier than creating an entire mod from scratch.
    Would love to see a team take this on, but ultimately this is DVK's decision as it's his baby. You'll need to find someone to do the 3D modelling to create some of the unique Roma Surrectum units.

Might even be worth correcting the Latin grammar of the name to Roma Surrecta!! Not sure why that never happened.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Just want to show my support for this, Roma Surrecum is the best mod for any game I've ever played, utterly brilliant and I'd love to see it on RTW Remastered !

Roma Surrectum is one of the greatest things to come out of this site. A Remaster of this mod has to happen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast