Thread: Rome I remastered

Default Rome I remastered

Hello guys, I imagine those who are still addicted to this game have found out that it is going to be remastered! I wonder how we can transpose our favorite mods ... Is is just possible ?
    Anyway, after having some demonstrations, I already find it better ... than Rome II!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Rome I remastered

WILL TOTAL WAR: ROME REMASTERED SUPPORT MODS AT LAUNCH?
    Yes! A new mod support feature has been added and will be available from launch.
    source: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...emastered-faq/

This sounds very promising

Looks very interesting! Although I don't like the UI, it feels more like Rome2/Atilla than RTW. Pity they didn't go for the nostalgia. Ah, well, it still looks interesting enough.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    WILL TOTAL WAR: ROME REMASTERED SUPPORT MODS AT LAUNCH?
    Yes! A new mod support feature has been added and will be available from launch.
    source: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...emastered-faq/

This sounds very promising
    Yeah now they have confirmed they are lifting the old hardcoded faction and region limits.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Oh

Well I thought IBRR has been Rome I Remastered, has not been?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

It seems that the Remaster will be more more moddable:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_rsYJEBC8

Seems like you'd pretty much need to make units from scratch. The rest looks like it's just been upscaled a bit.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    the UI, it feels more like Rome2/Atilla than RTW
    for me, the map's graphic seems...off. "fun" fact: I had to search what UI means.
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Hopefully somone will port it over to Remastered. Remastered practically removed unit limits, faction limits, region limits, massively increased the map size limits, allows unlimited superfactions and shadow factions.

Oh and it is possible to have provincial campaigns, which means all the IB mods can be combined into one mod with split campaigns.

Oh there's unlimited reforms, improved scripting, improved family tree. The list goes on.

You can also mod the AI as well.

Imagine a mod that allows you to add every single unit from the Notitia Digintatum and more.

There is near unlimited potential with modding Rome Remastered. The RIS team have barely scratched the potential of modding with the remastered game.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

I definetly would love to see this mod being ported over to remaster. It seems to do everything better and allow for nearly unlimited modding potential. You still can't dismount cavalry, sadly, and i am personally missing the feature from Medieval 2 where you could have free upkeep for certain amount of certain troops. Latter is not as critical for this time period but i think it still could be used by some mods, perhaps Invasio Barbarorum too. Besides that, remaster just seems like it has all it.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

I hope the team ports this amazing mod to Rome Remastered. There's barely any mods for the Barbarian Invasion timeline and this is my favorite mod.

Hello RTW Community!
    I'm new here on the forum.
    I'm replaying Barbarian Invasion out of nostalgia and I'm looking for a mod for Barbarian Invasion version 1.6, which only makes the map bigger and with more provinces, like the first Mundus Magnus but for Barbarian Invasion.
    I would really appreciate it if you know anything about it.
    Thank you very much and greetings