Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total War Rome: Remastered

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Total War Rome: Remastered

I'm looking forward to seeing what modders will be able to achieve with TWR: Remastered.

Everyone is invited to vote in our new poll - which feature would you most like to see in the game?

Foederatus

Not just modding teams, but players who mod their own game as well ^^

EDIT: My apologies, this was meant to quote someone but the quote seems to be missing.

Anyway, I wonder if features from all 3 exes will be combined.
    I could even make a campaign map with SPQR as playable faction with the Brutii, Scipii and Julii as rebel factions in Italy in case their original starting positions rebel.
    And I'm also wondering if I'll be able to start a faction with several family trees without this crashing the game once the victory conditions are met.

I haven't modded RTW in a while now so I'm kidna rusty
    Last edited by Letalis; April 02, 2021 at 06:23 AM. Reason: oops

Why everyone bother about Europa Barbarorum? Can't you enjoy original game (which is better imho)?
    I personally hate EB because it cuts most original units (including Romans in Lorica Segmentata and Greeks in Corinthian helm - really?) adds over 10 units of the same role per faction and is pseudo-historical accurate. Authors of the mod are declining the Celts hurling cut off heads at enemies, germanic women encouraging their men to fight harder, combat assassing etc. calling it "Fantasy units".
    Well no, they are not fantasy at all. Apparently the authors are just more historical than actual history.

Quote Originally Posted by Schools of Paladins View Post
    Why everyone bother about Europa Barbarorum? Can't you enjoy original game (which is better imho)?
    I personally hate EB because it cuts most original units (including Romans in Lorica Segmentata and Greeks in Corinthian helm - really?) adds over 10 units of the same role per faction and is pseudo-historical accurate. Authors of the mod are declining the Celts hurling cut off heads at enemies, germanic women encouraging their men to fight harder, combat assassing etc. calling it "Fantasy units".
    Well no, they are not fantasy at all. Apparently the authors are just more historical than actual history.
    Cant tell if you are serious...

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Cant tell if you are serious...
    I am mortally serious.
    I don't try to say this mod is bad, because it's not. I just don't like it.
    I'm just curious why so many people are worried about a mod while actual game wasn't even released yet.

jrs90's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    This is the biggest most important news from the ama, so much more can be modded than before for Rome Total War. I really hope modding gets a rebirth for rtw.

WOOT WOOT

Who are these Aliens, who want to please customers, that have replaced CA and Sega?
    Have their families noticed anything?

In all serious, I haven't posted on this forum in a decade and this is the most I've been excited for a game in a long time and why I felt the need to post. This will probably get me back into modding if my adult life allows.
    Last edited by jrs90; April 02, 2021 at 01:55 PM. Reason: grammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuliano Taverna View Post
    Oh we lost our minds long before that, 2009 was the year we finally took a pistol to our temple and pulled the trigger.

Foederatus

I am mortally serious.
    I don't try to say this mod is bad, because it's not. I just don't like it.
    I'm just curious why so many people are worried about a mod while actual game wasn't even released yet.
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You are on a forum where it's mostly people who like to play this game modded in some way.
    Also the people that are still actually reading these forums about a 16 year old game will usually care fairly deeply about the target subject (which in this particular case is Rome Total War, its expansions and its mods).

The modders here (including me, even though I'm more of a casual homebrew modder who never published a RTW related mod) have at some point hit the hardcoded limits, which effectively bottlenecked any potential grow, the limited amount of factions being just one example of this.

Now we got a huuge surprise by the announcement of this new remaster which will effectively remove (or at least significantly so) at least some of the most important hardcoded limits.

If you don't get it now, I will not give you the benefit of the doubt anymore
    Last edited by Letalis; April 02, 2021 at 03:13 PM.

Wow, I Haven't been this excited about a game since I was a kid.

I'm wondering will this be one and done type of deal or will they make new DLC's - maybe add more factions that weren't in the original, In short will they bring it back to life, I can tell you I'd much rather play this than the Warhammer ?

Perhaps... Perhaps.

Decanus

I started Total War games in my teens and now approaching my 30s, and I can't remember last time I was this excited to play a "new" game. Old Total War but given the modern makeover. I started off sceptical but upon hearing the news about modding, customisation and continued, post-launch support I can't wait to try this out.

Well no, they are not fantasy at all.
    Look, you can dislike EB for multiple reasons. But trying to position vanilla as more authentic-to-history is a weak argument at best.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Can't wait. This is awesome. ROME TW was my first TW game ever and I absolutely loved it!!! After only having played Cossacks, Blitzkrieg and American Conquest I was just blown away when I started playing RTW in winter of 2005.
    That was great, I ended playing the Imperial Campaign for months. It was just beautiful, from then on I went into RTR and then RTW:Barbarian Invasion, Alexander and then all the beauties of M2TW and the rest is history.
    They did slow down things with ETW which was kind of a disappointment. That Warscape engine ruined some aspects of the game.

But after SHOGUN 2 things improved and everything went up again. So I am extra happy for our original RTW to come out in remastered version
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

how much time is left?

Quote Originally Posted by argenti View Post
    how much time is left?
    I guess least than a month, release date on STEAM is April 29th, 2021. That's when the glorious time gets to start again
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

Someone has tampered with the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    I guess least than a month, release date on STEAM is April 29th, 2021. That's when the glorious time gets to start again

I can't wait any longer
    is not justice

ok it is gone? How much time is left?

Quote Originally Posted by argenti View Post

I can't wait any longer
    is not justice

ok it is gone? How much time is left?
    Refresh your skills with playing little bit RTR, Roma Surrectum and RTW:Europa Barbarorum.....

They'll give you necessary patience to wait for the release of our beloved RTW vanilla remastered
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

I've been a TW fan since Medieval1 and have fallen out of love w the series after Rome 2. Shameful display! ( Attila was okay but ultimately unsupported and failed ). I'm very excited that this may combine the nice and functional campaign ( not insanely sprawling and complex) with the lovely graphics and better controls of newer games battles, at the same time tweaking a bit of UI and AI and such. Improving modding options is the icing on the cake. I'm fully expecting this to dominate my gaming and modding time for years to come. I have dreamed of this hour and it fast approaches ( although not fast enough !).
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

{GrailKnight}'s Avatar Senator

I started playing the original Rome during the summer break before my final year of high school. I have many fond memories of playing with a good friend that I met on there. We played 2 v 2 matches online, he was usually Rome and I was usually Macedon.

I can't wait to start playing this again.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Good to see this.

I remember all the excitement in the build-up to the original game being released. And I remember all the activity in the modding community even before it was released.

I never really enjoyed the games that came after - especially the ones that came after Medieval 2. There was something special about Rome.

Thank you to Feral Interactive for this wonderful project and for listening to feedback. I have pre-ordered my copy and look forward to playing it and the no-doubt great mods that will be ported and created in due course...

This has made an old (and retired) modder and an old player very pleased #HappyMemories
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; April 08, 2021 at 05:58 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men