Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total War Rome: Remastered

Domesticus

Default Re: Total War Rome: Remastered

Very beautifull!
    It was time to release a remastered version, I hope that in the future it will also be released for Medieval 2 Total War!
    I see that the patterns and textures are similar to Medieval 2 Total War, you can have various faces, different colors of the horses and maybe have different types of armor etc ...
    We hope it will be editable like Rome Total War and Medieval 2 Total War.

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

What happened to the RTW Hosted Modifications subforum? The only thing I want to see is 4K Europa Barbarorum I mod for 4K RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
    What happened to the RTW Hosted Modifications subforum? The only thing I want to see is 4K Europa Barbarorum I mod for 4K RTW.
    Not as simple as that. As of right now, every asset would have to be remade from the groundup. It's not just textures, but poly count as well. The meshes in the Remastered are a lot more detailed then of any other mod around. All mods will have to make new models and textures. But once they do, it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Interesting. Do you have a source for this?
    Aside from that, Smith highlighted the efforts made to add "quite a huge amount of uplift on the visuals". The remaster is based on the original engine, "with some modifications, and improvements", as Massey put it, but with an "entirely rewritten renderer". The result, basically, is "access to modern image processing techniques, visual effects - we now support Ultra HD resolutions, ultrawide screens, and pretty much every asset in the game has been reworked in one way or another. All the units across all three games have been updated"
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ered-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    Not as simple as that. As of right now, every asset would have to be remade from the groundup. It's not just textures, but poly count as well. The meshes in the Remastered are a lot more detailed then of any other mod around. All mods will have to make new models and textures. But once they do, it will be great.

I think it might be possible to just port the old assets from mods in the new engine. It might not look good but maybe its worth it if the engine is more stable.
    Then maybe move from there and do a proper mod upgrade. We'll have to see how modding works.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I think it might be possible to just port the old assets from mods in the new engine. It might not look good but maybe its worth it if the engine is more stable.
    Then maybe move from there and do a proper mod upgrade. We'll have to see how modding works.
    That's one way to do it. But I will personally wait for the mods to do the full upgrade. I might contribute since I'm a 3D Generalist.

DEMOKRITOOOOS !!! we need you
    only the Seleucids look beautiful

Domesticus

Hello everyone!

Some questions for those in the know:

What kind of files will the drive patterns and textures be?

Will it be editable like the first version of 2004 (units, add new regions, cities, create new campaign maps etc ...)?

Will this remastered version be able to run on a processor with multiple cores, so make the most of the battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Hello everyone!

What kind of files will the drive patterns and textures be?

Will it be editable like the first version of 2004 (units, add new regions, cities, create new campaign maps etc ...)?

Will this remastered version be able to run on a processor with multiple cores, so make the most of the battles?
    i don't know (non credo di aver capito bene la domanda)
    Yes there will be mod support
    Yes, the game has been remastered to run on modern machines.
    Anyway look here https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...emastered-faq/

I wonder if the hard coded stuff like the maximum number of factions has been altered in the remasterd version, so modders can have their fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkka123 View Post
    I wonder if the hard coded stuff like the maximum number of factions has been altered in the remasterd version, so modders can have their fun with it
    I heard that the game now will have a total of 38 factions.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

They count all playable factions across vanilla, Barbarian Invasion and Alexander
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

This is really great. Apparently they have added a few features as well. Diplomacy now has Reputation and Relations. Chariots are rebalanced and not as overpowered, including on autoresolve. Mercenaries can now be retrained, not sure exactly how that works but I guess it would be in local regions. Each man in a unit now looks unique and looks like he came from the region he was recruited from.

This costs $30 dollars on Steam. If you have the original Rome Total War on Steam you can get the Remaster for $15 on Steam until the end of May. I don't own any TW since Fall of the Samurai so I have not given CA any money in years but I plan to pick this up.

Those Seleucid Silver Shields look excellent, thanks for posting.

Hi all,

Rome Total Realism is already gathering a team, and members from RTRVII and RTR8 have joined. If anyone is interested in helping with 2D Art, 3D Art or if you are an older RTW modding vet, please contact me. We have enough people signed up as testers, so the rest of you, please just stay tuned for RTR to make a release soon after the game is out!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Read in redit they are actually using Med2 engine... which if true would confirm my suspicions on them being full of crap when said they lost the code.

Or maybe is a baseles supposition formed around the inclusion of the merchant and apparently different looking soldiers.

At any rate it would be nice if they remove the faction, religion, culture, units and province limits.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Promising. Let's hope the Ptolemies don't get the Old Kingdom treatment again.
    Quite opposite - I hope they'll not touch old good Egyptians. You have Ptolemeans and more reality in RTW2. Let's leave RTW1 as it always was and it was more about mood and faction diversity than historical accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schools of Paladins View Post
    Quite opposite - I hope they'll not touch old good Egyptians. You have Ptolemeans and more reality in RTW2. Let's leave RTW1 as it always was and it was more about mood and faction diversity than historical accuracy.
    I agree with this. I would rather have it as close to the original as possible.
    Any attempts at accuracy wont win over the "the sandals are wrong" pretentious crowd of "historians".

Centenarius

Wonderful news! to me this remaster look promising, if it will be very moddable like the original i can't imagine what mods can be made! Waiting for the system requirements.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    I wonder if they are going to do this with Med II also. Med II has 3 times the active player base as Rome does so it seems odd that they would remaster Rome instead of Med II first if they want to sell a lot of games.

Steam stats ranking

Med II--ranked 167th with a daily high of 3588 players
    Rome---ranked 337th with a daily high of 1302 players

Maybe Med II represents a bigger challenge to remaster since it was a later and maybe larger game. Just a random speculation on my part.

Cheers
    It wouldn't make sense if Medieval was released first. Rome game was first as a product release and the game's action time wisely.
    I'm sure Medieval remaster will have its time too though.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    I never pre purchase anything almost. Last game I did was many years ago. But this one was an instant buy as soon as I saw the trailer and some gameplay specially with the 50% discount for people that already owned Rome on Steam, which I did. I'm anxiously waiting for it, and even better, I'm waiting for all the great mods people will make for it in the upcoming years.

Rome 1 was what got me into TW, and while I still love the original, it runs really poorly on my system nowadays. So, I am very grateful for this remaster.
    I have a serious question to ask. If any existing mods are remastered? What will happen to the old mods. Will they still be available or will they be discoontiued and no longer be availabe in the TOTAL WAR CENTER community