Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total War Rome: Remastered

Default Re: Total War Rome: Remastered

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    I have a serious question to ask. If any existing mods are remastered? What will happen to the old mods. Will they still be available or will they be discoontiued and no longer be availabe in the TOTAL WAR CENTER community
    If you buy the remastered you will also get the old one game

I guess the old mods will remain available but will no longer have support.
    On the other hand, the Remastered supports mods so I imagine it will also be easier and more practical than the old Rome.
    apart the ugly strategic map this remastered is just good news

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    I have a serious question to ask. If any existing mods are remastered? What will happen to the old mods. Will they still be available or will they be discoontiued and no longer be availabe in the TOTAL WAR CENTER community
    They will not be available without readaptation them to the remaster version. It is due to slightly changed source code and also because mods have a lot of custom skins, models and other features the retail version do not have.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Read in redit they are actually using Med2 engine... which if true would confirm my suspicions on them being full of crap when said they lost the code.

Or maybe is a baseles supposition formed around the inclusion of the merchant and apparently different looking soldiers.

At any rate it would be nice if they remove the faction, religion, culture, units and province limits.
    Could they have the file formats of the Medieval 2 patterns?
    I have seen in some photos and videos that some units have 4 or maybe 5 types of faces, with the possibility of having no beard or some types of beard, as well as the beard and hair color can change.
    In the cavalry, I saw 4 different colors of the horse's coat.
    It would seem a limit as in Medieval 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Could they have the file formats of the Medieval 2 patterns?
    I have seen in some photos and videos that some units have 4 or maybe 5 types of faces, with the possibility of having no beard or some types of beard, as well as the beard and hair color can change.
    In the cavalry, I saw 4 different colors of the horse's coat.
    It would seem a limit as in Medieval 2.
    I triari hanno la lancia più corta rispetto al Rome originale.
    Ricordano infatti più i lanceri di Medieval 2
    Se cosi fosse allora hanno cannato il sistema di illuminazione visto che in Med 2 era moolto bello cosi come per la vegetazione.

The triari have a shorter spear than the original Rome.
    In fact, they are more reminiscent of the spearmen of Medieval 2 If so then they sandblasted the lighting system as in Med 2 it was very beautiful as well as for the vegetation too
    Last edited by argenti; March 29, 2021 at 06:33 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Yeah but then it comes to 2 possibilities.

They "redeveloped" med 2 engine from the original code of Rome, just like they did back then when actually making Med2. That's it, they made(again) from zero all or some of the changes introduced on medieval 2 back then... or....

They have been full of crap all this time and Med2 code was not lost, they simply said so to favour their new Warscape engine back then.

While I believe number 2 to be more likely, I hope it was number 1 and that they made a better job this time around. Hell if they did that, and did it well Medieval 2 remastered could be right on the corner, and perhaps even without faction, unit, region, culture and whatnot limits.

Edit: As for the mods... it remains to be seen a lot of things. How this remastered engine manages textures, models, animations, how the file system works... if its the same or only a few things changed applying old mods could be a matter of copying them on the right directories and go, maybe changing a few lines on a txt or the format of some textures or something. This however could mean ugly looking mods compared to the vanilla game.

If how the engine manages mods had changed a lot then it will require work to make them work, some mods or mod mechanics could potentially never be able to be adapted or will require new reimplementation. And all this will depend how many of the old moders are around to update their work or grant permision to others to do it, how many new ones are willing to work with it and how modeable the new engine really is.

It worries me the new "mod support" could end up being a leash on how much they are willing to let the game be modded. Like "yeah we support and made supper easy to implement new textures for units.... that's it. Change the map? No, we did not contemplated that option, sorry"
    Last edited by Lord Baal; March 29, 2021 at 08:41 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

I for one am really excited for this - although to be fair I would gladly have paid $15 just to have a new inflow of new players to RTW without any other changes Played a few MP battles a while ago and was taken aback by just how far behind I had gotten. Geez, I guess the only people who still play online 16 years after its release are really hardcore about it at this point.

Sharing the same concerns about mod support as before in the thread. They are saying the right things in all the statements I've heard so far though

New trailer up:

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Uhh I suppose they are going to left the view city feature in the game and not remove it for no freaking reason like they did on Med2
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

So the Egyptians aren't Ptolemaic?

Mummy Returns... that is... nice I must say. They add variety to the game even if is as anachronistic as having the legions carry .50 machine gun teams.

Certainly, if the game is at least as modable as the original one (gut feeling says it won't be) then Ptolemaic Egypt will certainly be one of the firsts major mods out there.

Also, hope they get some clue about proper scripting from the Medieval 2 engine overhaul project. But most likely they didn't either.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; March 31, 2021 at 08:29 AM.

Feral/CA have been doing a Q&A session on Discord. I've tried to summarise the answers on the wiki here.

It sounds largely positive on the modding front, though I didn't notice anything specifically about scripting.

I am watching Legend of Total Wars video of the remastered. Diplomacy now gives has an indication of what the AI thinks of a deal, thank God. The unit controls are much like Warhammer 2 now, which is a big improvement apparently. Camera can also zoom out more I think.

They really should add multiplayer campaigns though. If that gets patched in it would be so good. AI sadly seems dumb as ever, I don't think the pathfinding is really changed either. It all looks nice though.

One very good change for the AI. Recruiting units now subtracts the same amount of men regardless of the unit scale. This stops the AI factions from overrecruiting from small towns and them never growing. For example a unit of peasants takes 60 men from the population, instead of 120 on large, 240 on huge and 30 on small.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; March 31, 2021 at 12:30 PM.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

"deleted"
    Last edited by The Roman Republic; March 31, 2021 at 02:45 PM.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

This is the biggest most important news from the ama, so much more can be modded than before for Rome Total War. I really hope modding gets a rebirth for rtw.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    This is the biggest most important news from the ama, so much more can be modded than before for Rome Total War. I really hope modding gets a rebirth for rtw.

What ever happened to your mod VENI VIDI VICI mod.

I agree that is the single most important point on the whole AMA.

They did not replied to Jojo's (whom is involved on the EOP) question on LUA scripting however. I hope they at least improve the base scripting.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; March 31, 2021 at 05:05 PM.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Depending on how easy to mod it will be this might be enough to get me out of modding retirement...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Depending on how easy to mod it will be this might be enough to get me out of modding retirement...
    Fingers crossed
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

For the AMA it seems the game will be fairly modable, I might end up eating my words of initial apprehension.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    This might be the same for me as well. My curiosity is peaked, with the news of lifting of the region and faction limits, I will be watching this closely. For years I've been sitting on a 6th century mod idea, but due to no campaign map editing in the new titles it's just remained a idea in the back to my mind. But building it off of a remastered Barbarian Invasions... it might see reality.

RTW is where it all started for me with modding, being a major contributor to the original EB team... this remaster might pull me back in, just for nostalgia sake...