Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total War Rome: Remastered

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Total War Rome: Remastered

Daym I just noticed this, and boy is it not huge
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...atch-202-notes

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Daym I just noticed this, and boy is it not huge
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...atch-202-notes
    I made a thread for this in the general back in July.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Noticed after I made this post but a lot of people were following this topic rather than sub-forum so yeah

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

So... with the new patch, is RTW: Remastered more similar to M2TW? What I mean specifically is:
    - do most of the scripting capabilities for M2TW like counters, what could be done with traits or ancillaries etc exist in RTW:RM?
    - On the above, does a script command exist to merge two factions in one? The command to change culture/religion of a faction like Lithuania in Kingdoms?
    - Shadow factions that take over cities like in Kingdoms Britannia and the baron alliance?
    - Can settlements recruit more than one unit at a time?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

No on the last one. However they can recruit faster with yet another modifier to recruitment (don't know if a "negative" bonus is applicable).
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Likely an entirely stupid question, but!

... Where are all the Remastered files stored? When in C/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common I can see all other files, but nothing for Feral Interactive or Rome Remastered?

EDIT- Ignore stupid question, I forgot I'd set up a second SteamLibrary...
    Last edited by Giorgios; August 24, 2021 at 02:39 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It makes for even more interesting times if you used a removable drive for that...

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So... with the new patch, is RTW: Remastered more similar to M2TW? What I mean specifically is:
    - do most of the scripting capabilities for M2TW like counters, what could be done with traits or ancillaries etc exist in RTW:RM?
    - On the above, does a script command exist to merge two factions in one? The command to change culture/religion of a faction like Lithuania in Kingdoms?
    - Shadow factions that take over cities like in Kingdoms Britannia and the baron alliance?
    - Can settlements recruit more than one unit at a time?
    I played it very little and putting the settings like the original apart from the unit balance settings and a few others, in short, without altering the spirit of the original game, in fact the merchant option for example I did not put it, it seems to me that however even setting the settings to make it more similar to the original possible there are some differences like the possibility of exchanging advisers between the characters if they are in the same province and the way in which the faction's revenues are calculated, I gave up very soon anyway because I have a laptop with a few inches and the high resolution makes everything tiny, even putting the zoom to full text compared to RTW is all tiny.

So to answer your questions:
    - I do not know
    - from Feral they said they would try to make it as moddable as possible so I think we can work on the scripts as well as in RTW
    - I don't think, it must be like in RTW, when a settlement rebels it goes to the rebel faction or to the faction that owned it at the beginning of the campaign if it has not been annihilated, the annihilated factions have no chance to resurrect in RTW and therefore I don't think they have changed this thing in RTWR
    - no
    Last edited by Unvers; November 26, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Scripting capabilities have been greatly expanded, and we can do far more than we could in M2. Some of the highlights:

- for_each loops allow for iteration over factions, characters, settlements and armies, in context of a faction, army, world, settlement and so on. For example you can do "for_each settlement in world" or "for_each settlement in faction romans_julii"
    - We can now save data inside objects like settlements, characters and units, and retrieve it later on. This means you can track data directly per character, per settlement and so on, without having to make millions of individual counters
    - Counters can be persistent and are serialised to the save game
    - "local" scope is available for MANY commands, both romeshell and script. This means you can do something like this:
    (this is pseudo code, syntax might be wrong)
    for_each settlement in faction romans_julii
    create_unit "roman hastatii" local_settlement 10
    end_for

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This sounds useful. I'm wondering if you and other modders have ideas for how you'll use the expanded scripting capabilities.

amazing news. wishing luck to all the modders out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    This sounds useful. I'm wondering if you and other modders have ideas for how you'll use the expanded scripting capabilities.
    I had managed to cut the amount of lines in my campaign script from around 40,000 to about 4,000, yet with many more features added! This is all thanks to the new scripting abilities.
    So far Total Conquest added things like:
    - Tracking capitals and adding / removing hidden resources based on city status
    - Civilisation mechanic which indicates how developed a settlement is, and grows over time. It's growth rate depends on the owner culture
    - Garrison script based on AOR recruitment that only took maybe a 100 lines of code (and most of it is coding variety)
    - Added buildings available only when a governor is in settlement, which disappear when there is no governor
    - Various reforms which affect buildings in the whole faction
    - New reforms (like Marian)
    - Persistent counters
    - Y / N events we can trigger for the player

Plenty more. Honestly, we can do A LOT now.
    Last edited by komisarek; December 06, 2021 at 01:03 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

- Garrison script based on AOR recruitment that only took maybe a 100 lines of code (and most of it is coding variety)
    - Added buildings available only when a governor is in settlement, which disappear when there is no governor
    - Various reforms which affect buildings in the whole faction
    Looks like a number of M2TW script commands\events have been incorporated - the above is possible without issues in M2 vanilla, mostly based on the use of event counters.

You convinced me to re-download it on Steam, I bought it some time ago but then let it go because I preferred the original but now I am starting to hate the original RTW AI.

Well, now tha the limits of the engine have been set free, one can only wonder what modders can acomplish.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Wow! I did miss a few chapters on the Total War saga!
    Is Rome remastered new better than M2TW?

...because I am somewhat tempted to take up modding again.

No seriously what are the graphics like compared to M2TW?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post

If you start modding again remember the ISLAMIC Barded horse paterns i asked you months ago to do. Have you seen my recent remodeling?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post

Sort of. Yeah, short of a few things like princesses, heretics, priests and recruitment pools.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

The December update unlocks factions and buildings. That being said, I am impressed. Now there will be a mad scramble from the community to re-do mods to incorporate the changes.

What is missing?

1. Building levels per building, still 9?
    2. Can't use building exists with units
    3. Distance to capital condition for triggers(trait/anc)? Used in MTW2.
    4. Naval_bonus MTW2.
    5. Weapon_other&siege bonus to units not working.
    6. Morale bonus from buildings not working.
    7. Siege can not enter settlements or leave, or move through forests, unlike MTW2.
    8. Family tree limit 4.
    9. Bonuses not fractionalised unlike RTW2, where you can get a 1% bonus-but in RTW it has to be 5%.
    10. Projectiles should be updated to MTW2 standard.

Some of my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    The December update unlocks factions and buildings. That being said, I am impressed. Now there will be a mad scramble from the community to re-do mods to incorporate the changes.

What is missing?

1. Building levels per building, still 9?
    2. Can't use building exists with units
    3. Distance to capital condition for triggers(trait/anc)? Used in MTW2.
    4. Naval_bonus MTW2.
    5. Weapon_other&siege bonus to units not working.
    6. Morale bonus from buildings not working.
    7. Siege can not enter settlements or leave, or move through forests, unlike MTW2.
    8. Family tree limit 4.
    9. Bonuses not fractionalised unlike RTW2, where you can get a 1% bonus-but in RTW it has to be 5%.
    10. Projectiles should be updated to MTW2 standard.

Some of my thought.
    Well, seeing they announced Med2 for mobile this almost guarantee a remake down the road, one with all those bothersome engine limits begone. Imagine what Stainless Steel can become, Third Age, Call of Warhammer, Europe Barbaroum and so many other awesome mods that ever felt short or had to cut out factions, content and whole geographical regions due those limits.