Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Total War Rome: Remastered

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Total War Rome: Remastered

Well lads, it's happening. From what i can see the battles will have the same mechanics, just better textures, updates, etc. Lot's of QoL changes to the general interface though. Half price (15 usd/eur/gbp) if you already own Rome on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...ME_REMASTERED/
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Default Re: Total War Rome: Remastered

I am hyped, looking forward to all the QoL updates.

Promising. Let's hope the Ptolemies don't get the Old Kingdom treatment again.

Very exciting. I doubt mods will be compatible out of the box, but I really want to play RS3 with this updated engine.
    Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

Hyped for it. If it is as mod friendly as the original one it may start total war modding renaissance.

I wonder if they are going to do this with Med II also. Med II has 3 times the active player base as Rome does so it seems odd that they would remaster Rome instead of Med II first if they want to sell a lot of games.

Steam stats ranking

Med II--ranked 167th with a daily high of 3588 players
    Rome---ranked 337th with a daily high of 1302 players

Maybe Med II represents a bigger challenge to remaster since it was a later and maybe larger game. Just a random speculation on my part.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This looks awesome!

- ACTUAL regional recruitment with proper looks, without needing to mod separate unit types for each region!
    - Agent management to reduce the tedium from older games
    - MAP MODES! Officially unlocked factions too
    - And finally, there are no more clone soldiers

That alone is enough to make me return to this and log in another 500 hours.

I am hoping for ability to move generals/governors and such via a manager window UI as well (like we can move agents and ancillaries now). Manually moving characters from Italy to Spain and taking 20 years to do so was kinda silly.

If it has the modding potential of the original (especially campaign map), we might see some amazing things in the future.
    Last edited by General Maximus; March 25, 2021 at 03:00 PM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Err do I need to get out of modding retirement?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

I think i can already hear the modding leviathans waking up.

Come on XGM, rise!

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Err do I need to get out of modding retirement?
    yes please, come back and get the other old timers!

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    I wonder if they are going to do this with Med II also. Med II has 3 times the active player base as Rome does so it seems odd that they would remaster Rome instead of Med II first if they want to sell a lot of games.

Steam stats ranking

Med II--ranked 167th with a daily high of 3588 players
    Rome---ranked 337th with a daily high of 1302 players

Maybe Med II represents a bigger challenge to remaster since it was a later and maybe larger game. Just a random speculation on my part.

Cheers
    Medieval 2 Remastered (and with bugs fixed) would be great. take my money!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

the 7 year old me inside myself made me already pre-order it hahaha
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I assume that if this remaster does great, they'll do the same for M2
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

hopefully. marketing campaign seems to have taken off nicely. judging by the number of views remastered trailer already beats every other video CA uploaded in the last month, bar WHIII announcement.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. It uses an upgraded version of the old engine which means we can have big campaign map editing mods like old times. I doubt porting mods would be an easy task or if it would be even possible, but I'm excited and hopeful.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by KoKauH View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. It uses an upgraded version of the old engine which means we can have big campaign map editing mods like old times.
    Interesting. Do you have a source for this?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by KoKauH View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. It uses an upgraded version of the old engine which means we can have big campaign map editing mods like old times. I doubt porting mods would be an easy task or if it would be even possible, but I'm excited and hopeful.
    The possible return of actual full-scale total conversion mods like the good old days of RTW/M2TW from a decade ago, is a very exciting prospect indeed. Big mods were never the same after ETW since Warscape campaign maps can't be modded (at least not easily, and simply not at all after Shogun 2).

Some Youtubers did say that campaign map is going to be moddable like before, and since there will be Steam workshop for this, I hope the classic modding community gets a revival as well.
    Last edited by General Maximus; March 26, 2021 at 06:06 AM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

It'll need mods because Bronze age Egyptians, Head hurlers and an unexpanded map. After all it's not the mid 2000's any more...

It is time for the Roma Surrectum, Europa Barbarorum and Darth Vader's teams to awaken. This is a one in a decade opportunity to make everyone's Dreams come alive by remaking (and possibly even improving ) their Great Mods.With the experience they have, anything is possible.

SPREAD THE WORD !!!

Patrician Artifex

Hmm, modifying the physical map is apparently harder due to the fact that the remaster uses 'pre-rendered textures'. So that's going to be something that needs to be figured out for (porting) overhaul mods.

I never pre purchase anything almost. Last game I did was many years ago. But this one was an instant buy as soon as I saw the trailer and some gameplay specially with the 50% discount for people that already owned Rome on Steam, which I did. I'm anxiously waiting for it, and even better, I'm waiting for all the great mods people will make for it in the upcoming years.

Rome 1 was what got me into TW, and while I still love the original, it runs really poorly on my system nowadays. So, I am very grateful for this remaster.
    Last edited by Draken2007; March 26, 2021 at 07:46 AM.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast