Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rome I Remastered.

Default Re: Rome I Remastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    About the factions. They just counted Rome + Barbars + Alexander....from my reading there are no new factions around.
    Mr. Daruwind. Who said there will be new factions around? Nobody. Feral lifted the Hardcoded Faction Limit for Remastared. That means that modders now can add as many factions to the campaign as they want.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Mr. Daruwind. Who said there will be new factions around? Nobody. Feral lifted the Hardcoded Faction Limit for Remastared. That means that modders now can add as many factions to the campaign as they want.
    Great news! I missed that pice of info completely! My mistake!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    @Gigantus Map files will be different. It is now 3D not 2D so the map modification will be different and harder but you want to tell me that modders are now lazy? Guys are doing map tools for R2/Attila/ToB/Wh1/Wh2/3K with ability to create full game map.
    Why are you assuming modding maps will be as hard as current Total War titles? Since when were Warscape mods said to be limited from Modders being lazy and not from the engine being limited and harder just to mod? What are these "map tools" That have the ability to create new maps when it has been 8 years since R2 and not a single one of these has been made? What are you even talking about right now after several pages have passed?

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Why are you assuming modding maps will be as hard as current Total War titles? Since when were Warscape mods said to be limited from Modders being lazy and not from the engine being limited and harder just to mod? What are these "map tools" That have the ability to create new maps when it has been 8 years since R2 and not a single one of these has been made? What are you even talking about right now after several pages have passed?
    What I also do not understand is why he assumes that map is now 3D and was 2D. It war 3D in Rome Classic already, you just couldn't rotate the camera in the campaign mode. In Remaster, you can do that. I think in the QA Feral mentioned that there are now more possible tiles on the campaign map and that modding it will be a bit harder than in the classic but other than that we have no addition information.

What I also do not understand is why he assumes that map is now 3D and was 2D. It war 3D in Rome Classic already, you just couldn't rotate the camera in the campaign mode. In Remaster, you can do that. I think in the QA Feral mentioned that there are now more possible tiles on the campaign map and that modding it will be a bit harder than in the classic but other than that we have no addition information.
    Yeah like I expect the Remaster to be so different that we won't be able to instantly port over mods like EB and RTR unless the original Rome 1 is compatible with workshop. However nothing tells us it is so different that it is now as hard as the Warscape titles and I think while a bit harder it will still be easier than modding anything on the Warscape Engine because outside of the added titles and such the game should still be easy to change and add to the map. The added effect of removing limits from the engine could possibly make it even more moddable than anything before in TW history which I think is the most important announcement from Feral and I hope it hits and even exceeds expectations.

I am extremely hyped about this game. Nostalgia plus lack of historical games from Creative Assembly..
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is very interesting.
    I am excited how modding might be possible.

An update of IBRR could be possible.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Let me remind you that CA/SEGA since ETW promises full modding tool pack that never came...
    To use one quote from the Lord of the Rings "do not trust a hope" that everything they pronise willbecome true.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Let me remind you that CA/SEGA since ETW promises full modding tool pack that never came...
    To use one quote from the Lord of the Rings "do not trust a hope" that everything they pronise willbecome true.
    Come on, AnthoniusII, don't be so sceptical. We'll see. For the moment, it's very promising. I'm really thrilled with the prospect of TW going in the other direction than that of the Warscape engine, leading to the Warhammer and the Troy debacle.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 12, 2021 at 10:14 AM.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best IMO are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    But I keep an eye also on Tsardoms and TGC. Read my opinions on other mods here.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. No good mod yet, alas!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!
    For the Warscape engine Divide et Impera and MKTW1212 are excellents mods!
    .................................................................................................................................................................................
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, script, buildings. Download SSHIP v.097 here.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Well, knowing history of CA's broken promises and failures.. I'd be sceptical too.

However, this is Feral and so far so good.

If they keep listening to the "Die-Hard" fans.. this might be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Well, knowing history of CA's broken promises and failures.. I'd be sceptical too.

However, this is Feral and so far so good.

If they keep listening to the "Die-Hard" fans.. this might be great.

Apart from my love of the era and of the more " pure" older TW titles I'm especially hyped for RR because it's ' NOT CA doing it. After the blatant lies they put out about great modding support for Attila I vowed to never buy a CA game again. Feral, however, seem a different beast altogether. Hopefully they'll be more true to their word and support the game and modders before rushing off to create another 1/2 baked game ( as CA are want to do).
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Actually you should stick head outside our little group and hit Discord. CA is lately pretty helpful with lot of especially Wh2 projects...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Weren't mod tools released for some of the games post-Empire?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Come on, AnthoniusII, don't be so sceptical. We'll see. For the moment, it's very promising. I'm really thrilled with the prospect of TW going in the other direction than that of the Warscape engine, leading to the Warhammer and the Troy debacle.
    I hope in a Troy mod

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by argenti View Post
    I hope in a Troy mod
    I don't.
    Collision mechanics is unfixable, afaik.
    But music and graphics are beautiful.
    While I hate the "economy" - it's purely gamey.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I don't.
    Collision mechanics is unfixable, afaik.
    But music and graphics are beautiful.
    While I hate the "economy" - it's purely gamey.
    I meant an overhaul mod for Rome remastered with setting the iliad

Feral lifted the Hardcoded Faction Limit for Remastared. That means that modders now can add as many factions to the campaign as they want.
    This has not been officially confirmed yet. It's largely an assumption of the community. We don't know yet if the limits will be entirely removed (as they should) or if they will simply raise the number of factions and regions allowed. In fact, last time they answered this question they said "we're raising the limits" instead of "we're lifting the limits" or "we're removing the limits", which is a bit of a red flag.

In case the image doesn't work, here's the link

https://imgur.com/a/3TNjJdZ

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do they know if they will lift the Limits of Units numbers (EDU.file) and numbers of different 3d models in battle (DMB.file)?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Crociato78's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    This has not been officially confirmed yet. It's largely an assumption of the community. We don't know yet if the limits will be entirely removed (as they should) or if they will simply raise the number of factions and regions allowed. In fact, last time they answered this question they said "we're raising the limits" instead of "we're lifting the limits" or "we're removing the limits", which is a bit of a red flag.

In case the image doesn't work, here's the link

https://imgur.com/a/3TNjJdZ

In fact, that's what I thought too.

In my opinion they will try to increase different limits, I hope especially in the regions, units (EDU and DMB) and size of the map.
    I hope they remove the faction limit (or a major increase), if there is this limit increase / removal I'm curious to see how all the faction icons in the menu, campaign and custom battle will appear, will they add a vertical scroll bar? !