Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rome I Remastered.

Default Re: Next TW game (kind of) leaked: Rome I Remastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why Rome Remastared still has so few activity in this thread and also doesn't have any more threads or subforums here? Seems to me like there are not many potential buyers
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    TWC in general doesn't have that much activity anymore to begin with
    Most ppl prolly waiting to see more, too. (Being cautious and all considering past failures)

Youtube videos/streams and all gives a better indication of "hype" imo.

But yea, need a Subforum and better thread name for this.
    Because there is also this

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...mastered/page4

TWC it is dispersive

Am I the only one wondering why Rome Remastared still has so few activity in this thread and also doesn't have any more threads or subforums here? Seems to me like there are not many potential buyers
    *this is not an official staff comment regarding the forum, but does represent what I was planning on the wiki*
    I think currently we weren't planning on dividing RTWRemastered off into its own separate section/s available from the front index as having 3 possible 'Rome' sections would probably be more confusing than having it combined as a variant of the original RTW

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Well, original version (aka gold edition) can no longer be bought and merged into "Remastered" one but idk how to go about that in forum..

I mean.. Hosted forums and all still there but most likely won't work well, or at all, with the new version..

Soo some diversion or something will be needed eventually.

Meanwhile..
    I would definitely change the name of this thread if I could.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; April 05, 2021 at 04:34 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Rome I Remastered.

Today i shaved. Im gonna ask for additional salary now - because its not just plain old me, now im "remastered", just like Rome.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Yes, and no.

I mean price is kinda meh but..
    This remaster is a bit more than that.

Or at least it will be if they keep their promises..

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I wonder ...If the Rome I Remaster will have 4k analysis whay CA/SEGA did not use Rome II human and animall models as well as the buildings and enviroment?
    After all Rome II models are 70% in size comparing to Rome I and 60% in size compared to M2TW ones.
    A simple re-scale of the models would do the jib. Instead we see (always in 4 k) low polygon models of humans but slightly better horses that now look like horses compared atleast with those cow looking horses of Shogun II!
    Simply wonder.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Because this is a remaster done by Feral Interactive who did the mobile ports of the game and not a thorough remake by CA which isn't needed because Rome 2 exists.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I hope we are able to add at least 17 new factions to the map, making it at least 37 total factions plus 1 slave faction.

If this is possible, I am going to create a mod with the following factions, keeping the map as it is:

Faction List:

Briton Group:
    1. Caledonians (barbarian) [Copy of Briton faction, adding new units later]
    2. Iceni (barbarian) [Renamed Briton faction]

Gallic Group:
    3. Belgicans (barbarian) [Copy of Gaul faction, adding new units later]
    4. Arverni (barbarian) [Renamed Gaul faction]
    5. Insubres (barbarian) [Copy of Gaul faction, adding new units later]
    6. Noricum (barbarian) [Copy of Gaul faction, adding new units later]

Iberian Group:
    7. Iberians (barbarian) [Renamed Spain faction]
    8. Celtiberians (barbarian) [Copy of Spain faction, adding new units later]

Desert Group:
    9. Numidia (eastern)
    10. Nabataeans (eastern) [Copy of Numidia faction, adding new units later]
    11. Gaetulians (eastern) [Copy of Numidia faction, adding new units later]

Carthaginian Group:
    12. Carthage (carthaginian)
    13. New Carthage (carthaginian) [Copy of Carthage faction, adding new units later]

German Group:
    14. Cheruscans (barbarian) [Renamed Germans faction]
    15. Suebians (barbarian) [Copy of Germans faction, adding new units later]
    16. Saxons (barbarian) [Copy of Germans faction, adding new units later]
    17. Venedians (barbarian) [Copy of Germans faction, adding new units later]

Scythian Group:
    18. Scythia (barbarian)
    19. Sarmatia (barbarian) [Copy of Scythia faction, adding new units later]

Dacian Group:
    20. Dacia (barbarian)
    21. Illyria (barbarian) [Copy of Dacia faction, adding new units later]

Greco-Barbarian Group:
    22. Thrace (barbarian)
    23. Bosphorus (greek) [Copy of Thrace faction, adding new units later]

Hellenistic Group:
    24. Epirus (greek) [Copy of Macedon faction, adding new units later]
    25. Macedon (greek)
    26. Seleucids (greek)

Greek Group:
    27. Syracuse (greek) [Copy of Greek City States faction, adding new units later]
    28. Sparta (greek) [Renamed Greek City States faction]
    29. Athens (greek) [Copy of Greek City States faction, adding new units later]
    30. Cyrene (greek) [Copy of Greek City States faction, adding new units later]
    31. Pergamum (greek) [Copy of Greek City States faction, adding new units later]
    32. Massilia (greek) [Copy of Greek City States faction, adding new units later]

Eastern Group:
    33. Pontus (eastern)
    34. Armenia (eastern)
    35. Parthia (eastern)

Egyptian Group:
    36. Egypt (egyptian)

Roman Group:
    37. Rome (roman) [Renamed House of Julii faction]

What do you think of that idea? My goal is to keep Rome as original as possible but just add more content to it.
    Last edited by Ocyalos; April 07, 2021 at 05:34 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Don't hold your breath regarding the factions, there are no new faction slots so far, the 37 factions are spread over 3 game parts.

Myself, I am still waiting for confirmation that the geography of the map can actually be altered, the official comment regarding the map was pretty vague in that aspect. If not then we went back to the future, eg no full conversions and no porting of any mod that uses a custom map (every major one does) in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 07, 2021 at 10:05 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Myself, I am still waiting for confirmation that the geography of the map can actually be altered, the official comment regarding the map was pretty vague in that aspect. If not then we went back to the future, eg no full conversions and no porting of any mod that uses a custom map (every major one does) in the foreseeable future.
    Indeed. This limitation has killed great mods in the future TW games. Just imagine what would it be like if the map in Attila or Thrones of Britannia would have been moddable. I had high hopes for the Thrones once:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    S

I have three ideas for the timespan that seems to be relevant - early Middle Ages.
    Taifas and Kingdoms - 11th century Spain, starting 1031: the Ummayad Caliphate splintered into taifas and there're Christian kingdoms in the north. The goal is to unite Spain / Al-Andalus, obviously. I think this would find a fan base in the Spanish TW community.
    The Sons of Yaroslav - 11th century Rus, starting 1054: the Kingdom of Rus is divided between his sons, while external powers (Kypchaks, Byzantium, Hungary, Poland) strive to expand into the Rus territories. The goal is to renew the kingdom of Vladymyr. I think the fan base in Russia and Ukraine is quite big.
    The Realms of Islam - 10th century ex-Caliphat lands, starting like 900: from Ummayad Al-Andalus, through Idrisids in Maghreb, Aghlabids (with Fatymid insurgency) in Ifrikyah, Ulunids in Egypt, Hammanids in Syria, Sagids in Caucaus (with Georgian and Armenians rebelling), Abbasids still in Iraq and west Arabia, Karamatid in east Arabia, Buyyds in Persia, I've forgotten who in Tabaristan, Samanids in Khorasan and Marawannahr (and perhaps even more to the east) - plenty of good factions to play with! And the usual Byzantines, Nubians, Armenians, Georgians and other folks on the sides. The problem is - it'd be a great campaign. Actually, worthy a separate game.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Don't hold your breath regarding the factions, there are no new faction slots so far, the 37 factions are spread over 3 game parts.

I had heard that for the factions they removed the hard coded limits, and other maximum limits increased them.

This ( the mod concept of Ocyalos) looks almost perfect to me. I quite like the relatively compact map. The addition of this many factions would be plenty. Too many would mean painfully long turn times and less significance to decision re diplomacy and warfare. ie it your declaration of war on a city state it's not a big decision but a tribe or empire w 4 or 5 cities requires a lot more planning and conviction. So I don't want heaps of extra factions like in Rome 2 or Attila.
    Last edited by sgz; April 09, 2021 at 07:37 AM.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    This ( the mod concept of Ocyalos) looks almost perfect to me. I quite like the relatively compact map. The addition of this many factions would be plenty. Too many would mean painfully long turn times and less significance to decision re diplomacy and warfare. ie it your declaration of war on a city state it's not a big decision but a tribe or empire w 4 or 5 cities requires a lot more planning and conviction. So I don't want heaps of extra factions like in Rome 2 or Attila.
    If I can add 17 new factions to the map, I will make this mod concept real.

I also think that the vanilla RTW map is the right size for a dynamic and diversified campaign. Maybe Corsica and Lesbos should be own regions but other than that it is fine.

By the way, the long turn times are caused by map size and region count, not faction count.
    Last edited by Ocyalos; April 09, 2021 at 08:18 AM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

About the factions. They just counted Rome + Barbars + Alexander....from my reading there are no new factions around.

@Gigantus Map files will be different. It is now 3D not 2D so the map modification will be different and harder but you want to tell me that modders are now lazy? Guys are doing map tools for R2/Attila/ToB/Wh1/Wh2/3K with ability to create full game map. Yeah it took a few years and I understand that it is as well additional work to port mods but I would look at it as opportunity to do new great things and not like it is breaking everything. This could be great opportunity that will bring a lot new people to those older games...

Plus there will be the "old version" so people can use old unupdated mods there...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    About the factions. They just counted Rome + Barbars + Alexander....from my reading there are no new factions around.
    Mr. Daruwind. Who said there will be new factions around? Nobody. Feral lifted the Hardcoded Faction Limit for Remastared. That means that modders now can add as many factions to the campaign as they want.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Mr. Daruwind. Who said there will be new factions around? Nobody. Feral lifted the Hardcoded Faction Limit for Remastared. That means that modders now can add as many factions to the campaign as they want.
    Great news! I missed that pice of info completely! My mistake!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    @Gigantus Map files will be different. It is now 3D not 2D so the map modification will be different and harder but you want to tell me that modders are now lazy? Guys are doing map tools for R2/Attila/ToB/Wh1/Wh2/3K with ability to create full game map.
    Why are you assuming modding maps will be as hard as current Total War titles? Since when were Warscape mods said to be limited from Modders being lazy and not from the engine being limited and harder just to mod? What are these "map tools" That have the ability to create new maps when it has been 8 years since R2 and not a single one of these has been made? What are you even talking about right now after several pages have passed?

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Why are you assuming modding maps will be as hard as current Total War titles? Since when were Warscape mods said to be limited from Modders being lazy and not from the engine being limited and harder just to mod? What are these "map tools" That have the ability to create new maps when it has been 8 years since R2 and not a single one of these has been made? What are you even talking about right now after several pages have passed?
    What I also do not understand is why he assumes that map is now 3D and was 2D. It war 3D in Rome Classic already, you just couldn't rotate the camera in the campaign mode. In Remaster, you can do that. I think in the QA Feral mentioned that there are now more possible tiles on the campaign map and that modding it will be a bit harder than in the classic but other than that we have no addition information.

What I also do not understand is why he assumes that map is now 3D and was 2D. It war 3D in Rome Classic already, you just couldn't rotate the camera in the campaign mode. In Remaster, you can do that. I think in the QA Feral mentioned that there are now more possible tiles on the campaign map and that modding it will be a bit harder than in the classic but other than that we have no addition information.
    Yeah like I expect the Remaster to be so different that we won't be able to instantly port over mods like EB and RTR unless the original Rome 1 is compatible with workshop. However nothing tells us it is so different that it is now as hard as the Warscape titles and I think while a bit harder it will still be easier than modding anything on the Warscape Engine because outside of the added titles and such the game should still be easy to change and add to the map. The added effect of removing limits from the engine could possibly make it even more moddable than anything before in TW history which I think is the most important announcement from Feral and I hope it hits and even exceeds expectations.

I am extremely hyped about this game. Nostalgia plus lack of historical games from Creative Assembly..
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.