Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rome I Remastered.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Next TW game (kind of) leaked: Rome I Remastered.

Well, we shall find out soon enough I guess

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Wow...there has been a new patch released {on the dev build}

check all this out....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J14A_JaoQ24

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Well, we shall find out soon enough I guess
    Rome Remastered is neither a mod nor an expansion for Rome. It is an engine overhaul touching exactly the things modders were not able to without the games source code.

After almost a quarter-century.. Who would've thought?
    Feral ftw I guess

Let's wait and see how good it really is/will be

It has been a long, long time since I have been here which should tell you how much this news has gotten my attention. There is a lot I want to say but feels like I would be talking too much to the point I would get tired of typing it but I will try to get out the most important bits of what I have been thinking about this whole announcement and the feedback from the live tests. At first I was cautiously optimistic but seeing video's like Darren's on the play testers made me mixed and leaning on negative but now after hearing the news on them working with the AI and most importantly, the hardcoded mod limits being upped has made me lean back on being positive. I do think based on what I have heard that this is no cashgrab but a genuine effort by Feral to remaster Rome 1 as the news of them being the ones who even approached CA with it has been both a good indication that they cared enough to want it, and a sad but expected realization that CA themselves could not care to do it themselves and honestly have little regard for fans of the two titles that put them on the map. Kudos for even letting Feral do this but it tells me they are not going to be too bothered by this remaster unless it makes a lot of cash to convince CA that the old titles have loads of fans willing to come back to the franchise if they would hear them out instead of pretending they don't exist. Now just because I think Feral has heart in this does not mean they will do no wrong and are just going to make things all better, heart can only get you so far and they have never done a remaster on this scale before so it remains to be seen if they have the work quality to pull this off and make a good product that elevates the Original Rome Total War for both old fans and potential newcomers. I am personally hoping they do but even if the AI and Pathfinding issues remains, if they are as serious about the Mods having more opportunities than this game will have a life even far beyond the original with it's own legendary mods and that would make me happy, especially because I will finally get to play them for once with mod workshop lol.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I must say I'm getting increasingly enthusiastic about this, too. The last major concern I have is the changed UI, which I really don't like. If Feral added a toggle to switch that back and forth between new and old, that'd be simply amazing.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The fact shows that CA/SEGA is in a huge dead end. In its announcement we read that the Rome Remastered will be available AS UPDATE only to those that boought the game frm STEAM because it can not trace the Original CD game owners. The reason may sounds logical but I strongly believe that CA/SEGA tries to gain time to re assemply a new developing team for the next real TW game espesialy that games with real time battles similar to TW ones are ready to be launched in this year. That would be the death blow for the TW francise . So CA/SEGA turns to TW fanatic suporters to RE-BUY a game that they already have with a promise that it will be mod friendly from the start. I watched all the videos and even in 4k analyses their creations (models. textures) are not better than those from Rome Total Total Realism nore Roma Satectum III. So what is the pointto re buy a game? To attract attention, gain time and release a new TW game after that. IF CA/SEGA trully interested to gain time all she had to do was to publish full tool pack FOR ALL TW games including the latest ones. CA/SEGA seaks once more for "idiots" to get in its trap. But the competition is hard and traps are hard to set up in such environment.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

1) The remaster is happening on the initiative of Feral Interactive.
    2) The CD keys of retail Rome 1 copies can be activated on Steam. I did it with my own Gold Edition.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Goodbye Rebel faction it was nice conquering you. Looking forward to a Medieval overhaul mod.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    1) The remaster is happening on the initiative of Feral Interactive.
    2) The CD keys of retail Rome 1 copies can be activated on Steam. I did it with my own Gold Edition.
    True...But CD owners MUST RE-BUY the game:
    Can people who own the CD version of ROME: Total War also benefit from the 50% loyalty discount for Total War: ROME REMASTERED?

No – this offer is only valid for users who own ROME: Total War on Steam. Unfortunately, we cannot track users who own the CD version in order to offer the discount.
    Source: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...emastered-faq/
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

This only accounts to CD version owners who do not activate their key. I activated mine, got Rome 1 on Steam that way, and now I pre-ordered the remaster while getting 50% off. If you don't have a retail key to activate then you are sadly out of luck though.

This only accounts to CD version owners who do not activate their key. I activated mine, got Rome 1 on Steam that way, and now I pre-ordered the remaster while getting 50% off. If you don't have a retail key to activate then you are sadly out of luck though.
    Even if you couldn't activate the CD version on Steam the fact that CA said you couldn't for CD versions was bad enough. The first priority for CA should have been to look after the CD version holders and not Steam users. This could have been a PR disaster for CA over the CD version.

I know it's not the best move but how would they be able to verify that you own it?

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by wozzar View Post
    Even if you couldn't activate the CD version on Steam the fact that CA said you couldn't for CD versions was bad enough. The first priority for CA should have been to look after the CD version holders and not Steam users. This could have been a PR disaster for CA over the CD version.
    I would not consider it a priority to look after the original users - there is no unified database of users like Steam is, having the CD players given a discount is nigh impossible since they are on the offline spectrum, with no online activation or database.

They did what they could, this is as much as they could do.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Sorry is I am misunderstanding the situation here but even if I wanted to could I not be able to use my activation key to buy Rome off Steam because it is being held back for when the Remaster comes out?

I know it's not the best move but how would they be able to verify that you own it?
    Serial Key, photo of box and CD case. They must have the serial keys on record so they could verify the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    I would not consider it a priority to look after the original users - there is no unified database of users like Steam is, having the CD players given a discount is nigh impossible since they are on the offline spectrum, with no online activation or database.

They did what they could, this is as much as they could do.
    I would consider it a priority because this where CA had built the fan base from and this is where they made there money from.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 17, 2022 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Clean-up

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    True...But CD owners MUST RE-BUY the game:

Source: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...emastered-faq/
    I never bought the game on steam and activated one of my RTW Gold keys on steam (even installed RTW in steam but it didn't come with Alexander unfortunately) and I have the 50% discount now for the Remastered.

Yeah this is what worked for me.

Am I the only one wondering why Rome Remastared still has so few activity in this thread and also doesn't have any more threads or subforums here? Seems to me like there are not many potential buyers

TWC in general doesn't have that much activity anymore to begin with
    Most ppl prolly waiting to see more, too. (Being cautious and all considering past failures)

Youtube videos/streams and all gives a better indication of "hype" imo.

But yea, need a Subforum and better thread name for this.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; April 05, 2021 at 03:35 AM.