Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rome I Remastered.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Rome I Remastered.

This is very interesting.
    I am excited how modding might be possible.

An update of IBRR could be possible.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Let me remind you that CA/SEGA since ETW promises full modding tool pack that never came...
    To use one quote from the Lord of the Rings "do not trust a hope" that everything they pronise willbecome true.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Let me remind you that CA/SEGA since ETW promises full modding tool pack that never came...
    To use one quote from the Lord of the Rings "do not trust a hope" that everything they pronise willbecome true.
    Come on, AnthoniusII, don't be so sceptical. We'll see. For the moment, it's very promising. I'm really thrilled with the prospect of TW going in the other direction than that of the Warscape engine, leading to the Warhammer and the Troy debacle.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 12, 2021 at 10:14 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Well, knowing history of CA's broken promises and failures.. I'd be sceptical too.

However, this is Feral and so far so good.

If they keep listening to the "Die-Hard" fans.. this might be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Well, knowing history of CA's broken promises and failures.. I'd be sceptical too.

However, this is Feral and so far so good.

If they keep listening to the "Die-Hard" fans.. this might be great.

Apart from my love of the era and of the more " pure" older TW titles I'm especially hyped for RR because it's ' NOT CA doing it. After the blatant lies they put out about great modding support for Attila I vowed to never buy a CA game again. Feral, however, seem a different beast altogether. Hopefully they'll be more true to their word and support the game and modders before rushing off to create another 1/2 baked game ( as CA are want to do).
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Actually you should stick head outside our little group and hit Discord. CA is lately pretty helpful with lot of especially Wh2 projects...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Weren't mod tools released for some of the games post-Empire?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Come on, AnthoniusII, don't be so sceptical. We'll see. For the moment, it's very promising. I'm really thrilled with the prospect of TW going in the other direction than that of the Warscape engine, leading to the Warhammer and the Troy debacle.
    I hope in a Troy mod

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by argenti View Post
    I hope in a Troy mod
    I don't.
    Collision mechanics is unfixable, afaik.
    But music and graphics are beautiful.
    While I hate the "economy" - it's purely gamey.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I don't.
    Collision mechanics is unfixable, afaik.
    But music and graphics are beautiful.
    While I hate the "economy" - it's purely gamey.
    I meant an overhaul mod for Rome remastered with setting the iliad

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Feral lifted the Hardcoded Faction Limit for Remastared. That means that modders now can add as many factions to the campaign as they want.
    This has not been officially confirmed yet. It's largely an assumption of the community. We don't know yet if the limits will be entirely removed (as they should) or if they will simply raise the number of factions and regions allowed. In fact, last time they answered this question they said "we're raising the limits" instead of "we're lifting the limits" or "we're removing the limits", which is a bit of a red flag.

In case the image doesn't work, here's the link

https://imgur.com/a/3TNjJdZ

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do they know if they will lift the Limits of Units numbers (EDU.file) and numbers of different 3d models in battle (DMB.file)?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    This has not been officially confirmed yet. It's largely an assumption of the community. We don't know yet if the limits will be entirely removed (as they should) or if they will simply raise the number of factions and regions allowed. In fact, last time they answered this question they said "we're raising the limits" instead of "we're lifting the limits" or "we're removing the limits", which is a bit of a red flag.

In case the image doesn't work, here's the link

https://imgur.com/a/3TNjJdZ

In fact, that's what I thought too.

In my opinion they will try to increase different limits, I hope especially in the regions, units (EDU and DMB) and size of the map.
    I hope they remove the faction limit (or a major increase), if there is this limit increase / removal I'm curious to see how all the faction icons in the menu, campaign and custom battle will appear, will they add a vertical scroll bar? !

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Doesn't have to be unlimited anyhow..

Yeah if they can just up the faction limit count by 10 and the regions and units by a 100 that would be good enough to breath new life into the modding community.

Definitely not going to Pre-order. That's my policy.

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Yeah if they can just up the faction limit count by 10 and the regions and units by a 100 that would be good enough to breath new life into the modding community.
    If you want 30 factions, you can just play Medieval 2 Mods... I am hoping for at least +20 additional faction slots. The era Rome I Remaster is set in is known for a vast diversity of cultures, the last time Europe ever had so much of it (until the Romans unified many of them into their Roman culture). Rome II did only one single thing right - it brought a ton of factions on the campaign map because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Do they know if they will lift the Limits of Units numbers (EDU.file) and numbers of different 3d models in battle (DMB.file)?
    If you read the quote I linked before carefully you can observe that they totally avoided to answer about the unit caps, which to my eyes is another red flag. Concerning 3d models in battle we only know that they claim they've added thousands of new models. We'll see at release if this statement is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    In fact, that's what I thought too.

In my opinion they will try to increase different limits, I hope especially in the regions, units (EDU and DMB) and size of the map.
    I hope they remove the faction limit (or a major increase), if there is this limit increase / removal I'm curious to see how all the faction icons in the menu, campaign and custom battle will appear, will they add a vertical scroll bar? !
    I hope they remove the faction, region and unit caps too. In my opinion they have no place in a modern remaster released in 2021. Concerning the new faction picking menu, I'm interested to learn if it'll be moddable, as I'm not a fan of the new menu at all. The biggest dislike for me in that menu is that the faction map is now very small. I love how in vanilla the map is big enough to show the entire map and each faction's territory at the same time and therefore doesn't need to zoom in as in more modern tw games. I was hoping they would actually increase the faction map even further. Pity it's not the case. I also dislike that it's overall much smaller because of the side menu. And it doesn't keep the feel and style of the original either, which is another negative.

Well, it doesn't have to be limited either. This is a 2021 remaster. In my opinion, faction, region and unit caps have no place in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    If you want 30 factions, you can just play Medieval 2 Mods... I am hoping for at least +20 additional faction slots. The era Rome I Remaster is set in is known for a vast diversity of cultures, the last time Europe ever had so much of it (until the Romans unified many of them into their Roman culture). Rome II did only one single thing right - it brought a ton of factions on the campaign map because of this.
    Personally I don't think either 30 or 40 factions are enough to provide what I consider a historically authentic and immersive experience for that setting. The extremely small number of factions is one of the major reasons I can't go back to RTW or its overhaul mods anymore, especially after Rome 2 gave us hundreds of factions in the same setting.

It seems I approach this from a very different angle than most people, as I don't see people talking about the rebel faction that much, if at all. I think the rebel faction only existed because of the faction caps. Back in 2004 they just had to merge all these factions and cultures into one rebel faction because they could simply not add any more factions but still had to cover the entire map. In 2021 both the rebel faction and the faction caps are very outdated and in my opinion should both be removed. And of course this change would be optional so people who don't want the remaster to change that much could simply turn it off. And if Feral is unwilling or unable to make such a change they should at the very least remove the faction caps completely to allow the modders to.

I also wouldn't personally be satisfied with just an increase in region and unit caps. I don't see how having such caps can be acceptable in a 2021 release, even if it's a RTW remaster. I mean it would simply be outdated even at release, and wouldn't be able to compare or compete with Rome 2, especially now that a campaign map modding tool for the more modern TW games (including Rome 2) is being developed by the Rise Of Mordor modding team.
    Last edited by perifanosEllinas; April 17, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

The Spiffing Brit shows that Rome Remastered is a perfectly balanced game with no exploits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FqUxeKGJ3k