Thread: Kingdom of Naples + Italian "Risorgimento" Mod

Default Kingdom of Naples + Italian "Risorgimento" Mod

Hi there. Two little questions, hope you may help me.

1. What are the TW titles or TW Mods where one can play as Kingdom of Sicily, or Kingdom of Naples, or Kingdom of the Two Sicilies? An accurate list would be most appreciated!

2. Is there any MOD concerning Italian Risorgimento? [This is the war among the Italian pre-unitarian countries and their European allies or enemies, which finally led to the victory of the Kingdom of Sardinia and to the birth of Italy as a unified country. E.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedi...f_the_Thousand and the possibly most important battle, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Volturno].

Default Re: Kingdom of Naples + Italian "Risorgimento" Mod

Yes there is such a mod. I have created it a couple years back.
    Here you can find it

Do keep in mind that due to the nature of the limited map I couldnt add Two Sicilies in.
    Last edited by Sirlion; February 22, 2022 at 02:18 AM.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Yes there is such a mod. I have created it a couple years back.
    Here you can find it

Do keep in mind that due to the nature of the limited map I couldnt add Two Sicilies in.
    Thanks very much! Very good job! Are you working on anything that involves Two Sicilies? I do not know how it work but...wouldn't it be possible to just render only a small portion of the map available so the have south of Italy? (I mean you take the whole Napoleon map, add regions in Italy, and render the rest except Italy silent? A mod about the war in Italy in 1860-1861 would be definitive to me!)

Unfortunately we cant mod the campaign map in Napoleon so what you ask is impossible.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

D'hou

Minor Factions Revenge mod for Empire Total War permits you to play The Kingdom of 2 Sicilies. You can recruit Garibaldini by becoming a Republic(same with Savoia).

You can find the mod on Moddb. In fact I'm using both the mod and that faction for my AAR, which you can find in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bande Nere View Post
    Minor Factions Revenge mod for Empire Total War permits you to play The Kingdom of 2 Sicilies. You can recruit Garibaldini by becoming a Republic(same with Savoia).

You can find the mod on Moddb. In fact I'm using both the mod and that faction for my AAR, which you can find in my signature.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I may check it, but that MOD, although seemingly very well done, is a bit inaccurate, as in XVIII century 2 Sicilies was not yet there (Kingdom of Naples and Kingdom of Sicily were still kept apart, although ruled by the same king except for small periods). But I may well try it, thanks!
    Last edited by APd'A; May 08, 2022 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by APd'A View Post
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion! I may check it, but that MOD, although seemingly very well done, is a bit inaccurate, as in XVIII century 2 Sicilies was not yet there (Kingdom of Naples and Kingdom of Sicily were still kept apart, although ruled by the same king except for small periods). But I may well try it, thanks!
    Yeah I know. I'm from Sicily after all... But the modders had to work with Empire's map, and as Sirlion has already explained in this thread, you can't really modify that map, especially not splitting preset regions.
    Try Late Campaign if you are going to play that faction with MFR, it's slightly more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bande Nere View Post
    Yeah I know. I'm from Sicily after all... But the modders had to work with Empire's map, and as Sirlion has already explained in this thread, you can't really modify that map, especially not splitting preset regions.
    Try Late Campaign if you are going to play that faction with MFR, it's slightly more realistic.
    Ok thanks for the hint cugino siciliano (I'm from near Naples)