Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

Your own take on whose senior
    I copy pasted the relevant articles, blame the treaty not me! I'm innocent!

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Your own take on whose senior to who doesn't really factor in as long as we have clear guidelines on protocol. We do. It's EU guidelines that put his position over her position. It's EU delegation team that agreed to the siting arrangement. This entire issue is artificial.
    Even if what you say is true, they should give the head of the Commission a chair. I mean even to prevent "dem god dang media using this against us" just pull out a chair!
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

They gave her an entire couch. Jaysus, how much lebensraum one needs?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

A more in-depth take is surfacing about this incident. It appears that the feud is not between EU and Turkey but between EU and EU. Apparently, the two presidents have been known to fall out. The teams of the Commission and the Council seems to be at a cold war with daily incidents between each president. From France using Google Translate.
    The Armenian Issue

Of course, now that facts start to arise people are suddenly silent... Apparently, von der Leyen's protocol team didn't travel to Ankara due to COVID but Michel's team did. His team decided on all details. Turkish team made few objections during the lunch, before that photo op we saw, but Michel's team didn't want any changes.
    The Armenian Issue

A more in-depth take is surfacing about this incident. It appears that the feud is not between EU and Turkey but between EU and EU. Apparently, the two presidents have been known to fall out. The teams of the Commission and the Council seems to be at a cold war with daily incidents between each president. From France using Google Translate.
    So?
    It was Turkey that was hosting the officials. Didn't Turkey know that two were coming and that, obviously, they would both require somewhere to sit?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    So?
    It was Turkey that was hosting the officials. Didn't Turkey know that two were coming and that, obviously, they would both require somewhere to sit?
    Given that they were both given a seat, yes, Turkish side knew both were coming.
    The Armenian Issue

Given that they were both given a seat, yes, Turkish side knew both were coming.
    Exactly as you said. They were both given a seat. One seat for both.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Exactly as you said. They were both given a seat. One seat for both.
    Sigh... I'm not surprised you have to resort to such pedantics to cover up your lie that she was not given a seat.
    The Armenian Issue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123