Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

  1. #41
    Belisarius's Avatar Like so Divine!
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    18,946

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Your own take on whose senior
    I copy pasted the relevant articles, blame the treaty not me! I'm innocent!

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Your own take on whose senior to who doesn't really factor in as long as we have clear guidelines on protocol. We do. It's EU guidelines that put his position over her position. It's EU delegation team that agreed to the siting arrangement. This entire issue is artificial.
    Even if what you say is true, they should give the head of the Commission a chair. I mean even to prevent "dem god dang media using this against us" just pull out a chair!

  2. #42

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    They gave her an entire couch. Jaysus, how much lebensraum one needs?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

  3. #43

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    A more in-depth take is surfacing about this incident. It appears that the feud is not between EU and Turkey but between EU and EU. Apparently, the two presidents have been known to fall out. The teams of the Commission and the Council seems to be at a cold war with daily incidents between each president. From France using Google Translate.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  4. #44

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Of course, now that facts start to arise people are suddenly silent... Apparently, von der Leyen's protocol team didn't travel to Ankara due to COVID but Michel's team did. His team decided on all details. Turkish team made few objections during the lunch, before that photo op we saw, but Michel's team didn't want any changes.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  5. #45

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    A more in-depth take is surfacing about this incident. It appears that the feud is not between EU and Turkey but between EU and EU. Apparently, the two presidents have been known to fall out. The teams of the Commission and the Council seems to be at a cold war with daily incidents between each president. From France using Google Translate.
    So?
    It was Turkey that was hosting the officials. Didn't Turkey know that two were coming and that, obviously, they would both require somewhere to sit?

    The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    So?
    It was Turkey that was hosting the officials. Didn't Turkey know that two were coming and that, obviously, they would both require somewhere to sit?
    Given that they were both given a seat, yes, Turkish side knew both were coming.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  7. #47

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Given that they were both given a seat, yes, Turkish side knew both were coming.
    Exactly as you said. They were both given a seat. One seat for both.

    The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Exactly as you said. They were both given a seat. One seat for both.
    Sigh... I'm not surprised you have to resort to such pedantics to cover up your lie that she was not given a seat.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  9. #49

    Default Re: Turkey withdraws from the Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence

    Since when did couches became a bad thing?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •